Customize Guardian Columns and Market List Layout

Dallas

In version V1.56 one of the many new features added was a major update to Guardian which now allows users to fully customize their Guardian markets layout, if you haven't already downloaded this build you can read up on what has been added and download it the following post
viewtopic.php?f=46&t=22831

Briefly though the update to Guardian you can now add/remove columns you want to display, this include's
Creating your own custom columns - these can display information like In play bet delay times, book%, runner form, Hi/Lo/LTP, Profit/Losses, Stored Values and Values from History Lists and much more.
Use up to to 5 Automation Rules on each market.
Select up to 5 Nominated Selections for rules to be applied to.
Select up to 5 Alert columns (similar to the one that's been on the Watch List for a few years).
and even your Watch List alerts can now be displayed in the Guardian Window

When you've added/removed the columns you want just like you have been able to do with the one-click trading screen for some years you can now save it as a new Guardian layout profile, you could create and save as many layouts as you want or need ready for you to switch between with the click of a button.

Example

In the image below you can see I've removed some of the original columns I didn't want (the suspended and Excel columns) and added columns to display the 'In-Play Bet Delay', 'Profit and Loss', 3 x 'Automation Rules', 4 x 'Automation Nominated Selections', and 2 x 'Alert' columns

Guardian Main.JPG

As I highlighted already you can also create your own unique custom columns which can contain a whole range of information like in the image below, but I'll cover that part in more detail in the next post, for now I'm just going to look at adding/removing columns pre-set columns available and saving it.

Racing Info Full2.JPG

Adding/Removing Custom Columns

To begin with you need to click on the 'List' tab at the top of your Guardian, then the custom column chooser icon (one that looks like a calendar)

List Tab.JPG

That will the open the column chooser window and from there you can tick/untick all the columns you want to display

Chooser.JPG

Once you've done that you can close the window and you'll see the selected columns in your Guardian window - however you might not want them in there current order, if so just hover your mouse cursor over the column header until it turns light blue, then press and hold down your left mouse button while dragging the column header to where you want it, when you've done that release your mouse button and you'll have the column where you want it.

You might also want to adjust the width of one or more of your columns, to do this just point your cursor between two of the columns until you see a black line with two arrows as in the image below, then similar to above just hold down your left mouse button and drag the column to its desired width

Order.JPG

Once you arranged the columns the way you want the last thing to do is to click the Disc+ icon to save layout AS (and give it a name of your choice), or if you've edited an existing profile just click the disc icon to re-save it

Save As.JPG

Import/Export Guardian Layouts

If you have Bet Angel installed on more than one PC you can use the 'Import' and 'Export' buttons (page icon with a green arrow) to transfer your saved layouts quickly and easily.
Or you might want to download some from the shared customization area on this forum where i'll be adding new examples on a regular basis.

Guardian Goal Alerts 3.JPG

Racing Info Full.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Creating Your Own Guardian Custom Columns

As you can see from that final image in the previous post in addition to add/removing columns in Guardian you can now also create your own unique custom columns to display whatever information you might need, these are similar to what it is already possible to do on the one-click trading screen, this includes an array of pre-set information you can choose to display for both markets and selections, see the images below for what's available for each;

For Markets

Mrk Info.JPG

For selections

Sel Info.JPG

Or you can also create custom columns to display stored values and stored values held in history lists putting just about any piece of information from a selection or market there for you to see.

Before looking at those lets first look at creating some custom columns to display some of the Pre-set information available for selections and markets. I'll start by going through the steps to create that racing layout at the bottom of the last post.

Creating a Custom Column for Pre-Set Information

The first column I want is to create is to display how long Betfairs In-Play betting delay is for each market, to do this I start by clicking the 'Edit Custom Columns' link to open the custom column editor

Edit CC.JPG

Once the custom column editor opens you need to select a custom column to edit, as this is my first here I've chosen to edit 'custom column 1',
Next I'm going to give it a name,for this first custom column I'm going to call this 'IP Delay (Secs)'.
Then I need to select the the type of information I want it to display, for this that means selecting 'Market Information'
From the Pick List I can then select 'Betting Delay (seconds)'

IP Delay.JPG

That's, the first column created, all that's left to do now is to click the 'Save Column' button.

I can now begin creating a set of columns to display the form for the front three in the betting of each market, so the second custom column which I need is to display the form of the favourite, so I begin by selecting the next available custom column to edit, this would be 'Custom Column 2'

CC2.JPG

As before I first need to enter a name for this custom column so have chosen 'Fav Form', this time I want to display information for a selection and not the market so that's what I select in the display area
I can then select the information I want displaying which is 'Runners Form'
The final part here is to pick which selection which this is for, here I've specified its for the favourite

Fav Form.JPG
You'll also notice that I've chosen to use a pale green background for this column just to help it stand out a bit more.

Its now just a case of repeating those steps until you've got a column for each of the runners form you want displaying, the only change being the bottom part where you specify the selection its to show, ie, for the next column you'd specfic 'By Position 2 (in order of favouritism)', then for the next 'By position 3' and so on.

Further Columns

Moving on the next set of columns I want are for the LTP (Last Traded Price) also for the front three runners, so almost identical to the above steps the only difference being the selection information I've chosen is 'Last Traded Price' and its back to applying to 'By Position 1 (in order of favouritism)', the only other change I've done here is to opt for a different background colour.

Fav LTP.JPG

The last two columns I want to create are to display the favs highest and lowest traded price. Then once you have created and saved all the columns you want all that's left to do is select them from the column chooser menu, just the same as you did at the beginning of the first post

Chooser 2.JPG

Finally you just need to arrange the order you want them in and then just as before click the disc+ icon to save the Market list Layout

Guardian Final.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

I'll follow those posts up shortly with an example of how you can display stored values and values held in History Lists from automation and servant rules.

Return to “Bet Angel - FAQ's”