US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Exactly what minute of the 20th does Biden become president?

And what happens if there's a major incident or terrorist attack two hours earlier while Trump's playing golf?
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:02 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:22 pm
Hell of an admission this:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/ ... 3602896896

I wonder how many more conservative media outlets will follow suit and admit they just make stuff up that has no basis in reality
It's not just Biden that's been doubled. His security detail has been doubled while his real bodyguards are now threatening the Trump evidence givers to withdraw their statements. ;)
The guy with the horns & the guy who threw a fire extinguisher at the cops are essentially blaming Trump as part of their defence saying that they wouldn't have done what they did if it wasnt for Trump's speech telling them to march on the Capitol :D

Won't hold any water in court but might sway a few Republicans in a Senate trial of Trump.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:04 pm

And what happens if there's a major incident or terrorist attack two hours earlier while Trump's playing golf?
With his hand on the bible, the minute he completes saying "i do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. [So help me God.]"
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:

Have you not learned anything :roll: Biden isn't going to be President.... ever.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:22 pm
Hell of an admission this:

https://twitter.com/oliverdarcy/status/ ... 3602896896

I wonder how many more conservative media outlets will follow suit and admit they just make stuff up that has no basis in reality
It's not just Biden that's been doubled. His security detail has been doubled while his real bodyguards are now threatening the Trump evidence givers to withdraw their statements. ;)
The guy with the horns & the guy who threw a fire extinguisher at the cops are essentially blaming Trump as part of their defence saying that they wouldn't have done what they did if it wasnt for Trump's speech telling them to march on the Capitol :D

Won't hold any water in court but might sway a few Republicans in a Senate trial of Trump.
I'm not so sure. If Trump faces court action over incitement they will both be key witnesses along with the rest of the delinquents. If enough of them can give evidence the totality of it can be a strong argument to support what we all know anyway. :D

Don't know if they thought they might get a pardon from Trump but he's turned his back on those that broke the law.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:

With his hand on the bible, the minute he completes saying "i do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. [So help me God.]"
What if he starts stammering before the end of the sentence. :lol:

It's quite sad that he might just have to take control of the US during nationwide riots!
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:31 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:13 pm
Derek27 wrote:

I'm not so sure. If Trump faces court action over incitement they will both be key witnesses along with the rest of the delinquents. If enough of them can give evidence the totality of it can be a strong argument to support what we all know anyway. :D

Don't know if they thought they might get a pardon from Trump but he's turned his back on those that broke the law.

I meant it won't hold much water in those guys defences in court. I'd be really shocked if Trump ever appeared in court to be honest.

They had the lawyer for the guy who threw the fire extinguisher on CNN last night and he said it wasn't as bad as it looked on tv when it bounced off the cops head because the fire extinguisher was empty! :lol:
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:20 pm
"i do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of the United States, and will to the best of my ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States. [So help me God.]"
Trump didn't fail there then. The words "best of my ability" should be followed by "or at least the typical ability of an average 10-year-old". :lol:
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 pm
They had the lawyer for the guy who threw the fire extinguisher on CNN last night and he said it wasn't as bad as it looked on tv when it bounced off the cops head because the fire extinguisher was empty! :lol:
That's almost as bad as the lawyer who argued a rape victim demanded rough sex from a guy she met at a bus stop!

The real question is, did he empty it to avoid hurting the police officer too badly or did it just happen to be empty because he fired it in another PO's face? :lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:41 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:36 pm
That's almost as bad as the lawyer who argued a rape victim demanded rough sex from a guy she met at a bus stop!

The real question is, did he empty it to avoid hurting the police officer too badly or did it just happen to be empty because he fired it in another PO's face? :lol:
I'm sure it will come out in court! :)
Trader Pat

This is an incredible archive of videos of the attack on the Capitol that were uploaded to Parler by the protesters/rioters themselves as it was happening

https://projects.propublica.org/parler-capitol-videos/

No spin, no sides just actual footage of some of what happened. Inside Capitol and Near Capitol tabs are obviously the most interesting.
Zenyatta

"US riots: Gun stores swamped in lead-up to Joe Biden's inauguration; protesters begin to gather"
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-rio ... YHXGP5LHE/

"As America braces for chaos ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration this week, gun stores across the nation are struggling to keep up with demand.

One Texas gun store owner told local media he is desperately trying to recruit staff to keep up with demand and predicted the situation could continue for the next 24 months."
Archery1969

Zenyatta wrote:
Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:40 pm
"US riots: Gun stores swamped in lead-up to Joe Biden's inauguration; protesters begin to gather"
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/world/us-rio ... YHXGP5LHE/

"As America braces for chaos ahead of Joe Biden's inauguration this week, gun stores across the nation are struggling to keep up with demand.

One Texas gun store owner told local media he is desperately trying to recruit staff to keep up with demand and predicted the situation could continue for the next 24 months."
Gun and ammunition sales always go through the roof when a Democrate president is elected. People get worried about potential gun reforms and will just stock pile them.
Archery1969

FBI now having to run background checks on every National Guard soldier to makesure they havent been infiltrated.
jamesg46

I noticed some article yesterday that was saying Pelosi was calling for them to not have ammunition over fears that a guard with a loyalty to Trump could be planning on taking Biden out, along with the story posted above.

Videos circulating YouTube today of armed protesters going to their State Capitols. Its quite surreal to see a group of people walking down the street with machine guns strapped to them.

https://youtu.be/REUkovUlQg4

Return to “Political betting & arguing”