US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:22 pm
it's only 2021 and I've already had enough of this thread and the 2024 election. :)
😂😂😂
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:58 am
Interesting 🧐

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-hkqu7nc5ne0
It's much better to hear what he would be doing if he was president than what he was doing when president. :)
Derek27

Biden couldn't remember Scot Morrison's name. :)
JackRussel

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:17 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:58 am
Interesting 🧐

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/news/news-hkqu7nc5ne0
It's much better to hear what he would be doing if he was president than what he was doing when president. :)
This is unequivocally true. When I was president, I didn't, but now I suddenly realize I have to :)
And I would like to say that this link is broken.
Realrocknrolla

Biden appears to fall asleep

https://youtu.be/WBUgHkbtm9I

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣
Naffman

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 5:30 pm

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣
:lol: :lol:

No wonder his staffers do everything they can for him and as Obama always said, 'don't underestimate Biden's ability to fuck things up'

2 big elections tomorrow, especially the governors race in Virginia. Youngkin (Rep) about 1pt ahead in the polls after being about 5pts behind a few weeks ago.

A Youngkin victory would be bad for both Biden (doesn't bode well for the midterms next year) and Trump also as Youngkin has actively stayed clear of him during the campaign as he knows how toxic he is especially in a trending Blue state.

If the Pres. election was held tomorrow Biden could just about beat Trump, it would be a bloodbath against someone like Desantis.
Realrocknrolla

Naffman wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:13 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣

No wonder his staffers do everything they can for him and as Obama always said, 'don't underestimate Biden's ability to fuck things up'

2 big elections tomorrow, especially the governors race in Virginia. Youngkin (Rep) about 1pt ahead in the polls after being about 5pts behind a few weeks ago.

A Youngkin victory would be bad for both Biden (doesn't bode well for the midterms next year) and Trump also as Youngkin has actively stayed clear of him during the campaign as he knows how toxic he is especially in a trending Blue state.

If the Pres. election was held tomorrow Biden could just about beat Trump, it would be a bloodbath against someone like Desantis.
Funny that, as you wrote I just layed Biden for another few quid! He is dismal.

America is doomed if they keep electing Grandads!
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣
Wouldn't you if you had to spend a day there? :lol:
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:21 pm
Naffman wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣

Not sure I have the stomach for the day to day of American politics this far out from the presidential election! :)

My 2024 book is weighted towards Trump & DeSantis right now, the only chance Biden has of being reelected is if he gets his legislative agenda through congress. His own party are holding that up as they fight with each other, Republicans don't even have to do anything.

Problem for Democrats is if Biden doesn't run who would run in his place? Harris has already proven she's not up to it and there are no other obvious contenders. The Republicans have more than one contender.

Worth remembering also that even though Biden got 7 million more votes nationally he really only won by 40 thousand votes in the three states that put him over the top in the electoral college. That's a smaller margin than Trump won by in 2016.

The conspiracy theories are already starting. According to the loons the reason Biden's meeting with the Pope was unusually long is because he shat himself in the Vatican! :lol:
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:54 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Actual Sleepy Joe! 🤣🤣🤣
Wouldn't you if you had to spend a day there? :lol:
Deffo mate. This certainly won’t help him mind!
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Not sure I have the stomach for the day to day of American politics this far out from the presidential election! :)

My 2024 book is weighted towards Trump & DeSantis right now, the only chance Biden has of being reelected is if he gets his legislative agenda through congress. His own party are holding that up as they fight with each other, Republicans don't even have to do anything.

Problem for Democrats is if Biden doesn't run who would run in his place? Harris has already proven she's not up to it and there are no other obvious contenders. The Republicans have more than one contender.

Worth remembering also that even though Biden got 7 million more votes nationally he really only won by 40 thousand votes in the three states that put him over the top in the electoral college. That's a smaller margin than Trump won by in 2016.

The conspiracy theories are already starting. According to the loons the reason Biden's meeting with the Pope was unusually long is because he shat himself in the Vatican! :lol:
I noticed the Republicans were favourites.

From an outsider I like the political arguments. Some moments are cringe!
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 6:58 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Naffman wrote:

You love it really Pat ;)

I agree, Biden at 9/4 looks enticing for the Dem nominee but we are too far out yet for my liking. Harris would even lose to Trump thats how unappealing she is.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Mon Nov 01, 2021 7:10 pm

You love it really Pat ;)

Maybe a little bit, not sure what that says about me! :D
Lutruwita

It's interesting that a party as right-wing and full on crazy as the Republicans can always be there abouts in the USA. In basically every other Western Democracy they'd be a fringe < 10% party. The Democrat left do a good job of trying to out-do the Republicans.
Naffman

Virginia Gov - Youngkin (REP) expected to win by 1.7
NJ Gov - Murphy (DEM) expected to win by 7.8

Be interesting to see how these poll averages hold up and if they're under/over estimating any voter group in prep. for the midterms.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”