US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

He'll go even lower when he announces his candidacy
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:35 pm
Exactly, wait until then and if he continues his extreme rhetoric he’ll lose even against Harris
Derek27

DT's got a better chance of getting into prison than back in the white house. :D

Last year several candidates traded at low prices and hopefully that will happen again when the market hots up.
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:23 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Exactly, wait until then and if he continues his extreme rhetoric he’ll lose even against Harris
I wouldn't go that far :D
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 2:23 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
He's 2.5 to be the nom
Naffman

Looks like SC going to overturn roe v wade, could rally younger people to vote in the mid-terms now.

Even before this, I’m thinking I’m the only who thinks the Dems have a decent chance of holding onto the Senate
Realrocknrolla

"2000 Mules" is now available for digital download. Every American must see this movie. It's the most important political documentary ever made, because it reveals with irrefutable proof what really happened in the 2020 Election. The film is now on two great platforms where the Radical Left cannot censor it or take it down. Watch at SalemNow.com or 2000Mules.locals.com.

Donald Trump
Naffman

DeSantis now favourite on Predictit to be next president, he's 3rd favourite on here and double the odds of Trump
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am
DeSantis now favourite on Predictit to be next president, he's 3rd favourite on here and double the odds of Trump
I'd go along with that, that's why I backed him months ago.

I thought he would have shortened in price after the recent elections. Trump's picks have had a mixed bag and even those that won have only averaged around 34% of the vote so even though Trump still has the Republican party by the balls maybe his influence is waning a little with the more centrist voters.

As well as all that De Santis is more electable than anyone else in the market imo. He's about 500 years younger than Biden and infinitely more electable than Harris. Would be a great watch if he and Trump both went for the Republican nomination. And don't be surprised if Hillary makes a run for the Dem nomination. She'd probably get it too!
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:07 pm
Naffman wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 11:19 am
I'd go along with that, that's why I backed him months ago.

I thought he would have shortened in price after the recent elections. Trump's picks have had a mixed bag and even those that won have only averaged around 34% of the vote so even though Trump still has the Republican party by the balls maybe his influence is waning a little with the more centrist voters.

As well as all that De Santis is more electable than anyone else in the market imo. He's about 500 years younger than Biden and infinitely more electable than Harris. Would be a great watch if he and Trump both went for the Republican nomination. And don't be surprised if Hillary makes a run for the Dem nomination. She'd probably get it too!
Yeah Trump has had a shocker, states that moved right like Ohio are still listening to him but Georgia on Tuesday was a bloodbath for him.

Trump is polling better than Biden currently, DeSantis is not but I would suspect that's due to name recognition as DeSantis is a far better candidate (I still think there are much better Republicans out there) but if Biden or Harris were to run in 24 DeSantis would win handily.
Naffman

Also, if Trump keeps banging on about 2020 he could lose the GOP the senate again!

He lost it in 2020 when the Georgia run-off voters were turned off by him and he could cost them again if he keeps going on about how it was stolen and endorsing bad candidates that agree with him
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Thu May 26, 2022 1:45 pm
Also, if Trump keeps banging on about 2020 he could lose the GOP the senate again!

He lost it in 2020 when the Georgia run-off voters were turned off by him and he could cost them again if he keeps going on about how it was stolen and endorsing bad candidates that agree with him
I don't think he's ever going to stop banging on about 2020! :)
Archery1969

Desantis is very pro guns and has promised to change Florida state law to allow citizens to carry firearms without the need for a concealed carry permit.
Trader Pat

Yeah which is another reason why he'll probably get the nomination ahead of Trump
Naffman

BF finally added the 2022 senate races, they decided to add 5 states and then gave up :roll:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”