UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Shut up Kwarteng you arse!
Derek27

Capture.GIF

Not reflected in the betting, Starmer out to 2.6 for next PM.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Staggering to watch a newly appointed PM/Chancellor f**k things up in no time.
There are so many things wrong with the mini-budget and how they've handled the fall-out.
Giving £1000's to wealthy people while the mood music suggests they are going to clamp down on benefits.
Truss chucking Kwarteng under the bus by saying the abolishment of the 45p rate was his idea.
Kwarteng getting his own back by u-turning on that policy after Truss had said the government was absolutely committed to it.
They are like a tragic-comic duo.

The big thing for me though is muzzling the OBR and refusing to flesh out any part of the mini-budget apart from borrowing to cu taxes.
No wonder a section of the pension industry got the jitters.

I'll be honest the pair of them scare me. They appear to be idiots that think they're clever and don't need advice or are willing to ignore it until the real world informs them that they haven't a clue what they're doing. By which time we've spent £65billion propping up a section of the market.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:19 pm
I'll be honest the pair of them scare me. They appear to be idiots that think they're clever and don't need advice or are willing to ignore it until the real world informs them that they haven't a clue what they're doing. By which time we've spent £65billion propping up a section of the market.
I wonder how many Tory members who voted for this pair of clowns were shitting themselves over their pensions. :lol:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:43 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Oct 03, 2022 11:19 pm
I wonder how many Tory members who voted for this pair of clowns were shitting themselves over their pensions. :lol:
I have met a few Tory members and I am pretty sure their pensions are invested far away from UK related fcuk ups.

There is a portfolio/fund run by the Hargreaves’s group which invest in energy, property and precious metals. That was mentioned to me on several occasions at some rather odd stately home parties. Problem is I don’t have the funds to invest at the quoted levels.

Well, I could but given the current climate think it’s best to keep me bunker. 🤠

You all have to remember that rich people and governments rarely care about tax paying peasants. If they did then priorities would be totally different.

I will leave you with some interesting thoughts:

- Most successful F1 drivers pay no income tax.
- PWC employ tax consultants who reduce the tax burden of those rich enough to employ their services. At the London office, 1 consultant is employed to make sure the Sultan of Brunei pays no or minimal tax worldwide.
- Defence companies in USA, UK and Germany are making hundreds of millions because of Russia invading Ukraine.

Strange old world…. Night Night… 🍺
Derek27

Truss refuses to answer the question, "Do you trust your chancellor?" :lol:
Derek27

Truss is determined to help the most vulnerable in society but not so far as to keep benefits in line with inflation. :lol:
Derek27

I thought Johnson was bad enough at ignoring questions and even the subject and talking about whatever he wanted. Truss is even worse!
Archangel

Liz Truss on Sky News says she is delivering for the British people.
:D
Derek27

She's certainly delivering chaos, panic, fear, and repossession notices.
The Silk Run

Lost TRUST and Kwazi KERCHING, what a duo.
Derek27

Truss says she has "absolutely no shame"!
Archangel

Tory party tends to be pretty ruthless when it comes to removing leaders who are unelectable, unlike Labour at times. But shes only been in the job a month and removing her now would make them look even more chaotic.
Derek27

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:21 pm
Truss says she has "absolutely no shame"!
My mum used to tell me I have no shame or call me shameless. I'm in good company now. :D
Derek27

Truss claims she acted "decisively". A decisive u-turn. :lol:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”