UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:17 am
If you have a heart attack on the street you'll be dead by the time an ambulance gets to you, ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: If that had any semblance of truth it means nobody 'on the street' currently survives a heart attack! Or maybe it's more disinformation.
Archangel

Rishi says its time to "Stop the Boats"

Of course, despite all the promises, leaving the EU didnt solve the illegal migration problem. Its now worse than ever

But fear not, now they say that if we leave the European Court for Human Rights, that will solve the problems.

Who needs human rights anyway ? Russia and Belarus dont have them and they are pretty cool
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 5:19 pm
Rishi says its time to "Stop the Boats"

Of course, despite all the promises, leaving the EU didnt solve the illegal migration problem. Its now worse than ever

But fear not, now they say that if we leave the European Court for Human Rights, that will solve the problems.

Who needs human rights anyway ? Russia and Belarus dont have them and they are pretty cool
The going to be putting them on ships, bit like a floating prison.
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 4:30 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 12:17 am
If you have a heart attack on the street you'll be dead by the time an ambulance gets to you, ...
:lol: :lol: :lol: If that had any semblance of truth it means nobody 'on the street' currently survives a heart attack! Or maybe it's more disinformation.
You take things too seriously firlandsfarm.

Do you not find it ironic that you have to wait 12 hours for an ambulance but Sunak's priority is to get litter droppers punished within 48 hours? Presumably serious cases will be put on hold so they can be fast-tracked through the courts. :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:19 pm
I can only take what you say Derek ... are you saying I shouldn't believe a thing you say?! :shock:

Oh and BTW I've had a heart attack, it was in the Office. The 'wonderful' ambulance service said I wasn't ... they not only didn't use the 'blues' but they even stopped at a pedestrian crossing on route to the hospital! When I was in the casualty department the doctor said "sir, you have had a heart attack, do you understand?" I replied ... "I know, now go and tell that ambulance crew what a heart attack is!"
Derek27

Ash Regan looked close to tears when the results were read out.
Archangel

Matt Hancocks nixer daily rate is £10,000

The chairman of the 1922 committee Sir Graham Brady will do your bidding for a mere 60k per annum

Kwasi Kwarteng is looking for 10k a month , and can get you a meeting with Boris !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6A9huZM7c
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 5:49 pm
Matt Hancocks nixer daily rate is £10,000

The chairman of the 1922 committee Sir Graham Brady will do your bidding for a mere 60k per annum

Kwasi Kwarteng is looking for 10k a month , and can get you a meeting with Boris !

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD6A9huZM7c
:lol: I thought Kamikaze Kwarteng wanted £10K a day but after looking at the video again, he said $10K a month. Asked dollars or sterling he changed it to sterling, an almost 100% rise. :lol:
Derek27

The NHS, stopping the boats, cost of living, ambulance delays and strikes have all been put on hold. Dealing with beggars on the street is the new government priority. :lol:
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:42 pm
he said $10K a month. Asked dollars or sterling he changed it to sterling, an almost 100% rise. :lol:
Is it your knowledge of mathematics or foreign exchange rates that led you to such disinformation?
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 8:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 7:42 pm
he said $10K a month. Asked dollars or sterling he changed it to sterling, an almost 100% rise. :lol:
Is it your knowledge of mathematics or foreign exchange rates that led you to such disinformation?
My knowledge of foreign exchange rates, I must have been thinking back to the time of two dollars to the pound. :oops:
greenmark

firlandsfarm wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:07 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:19 pm
I can only take what you say Derek ... are you saying I shouldn't believe a thing you say?! :shock:

Oh and BTW I've had a heart attack, it was in the Office. The 'wonderful' ambulance service said I wasn't ... they not only didn't use the 'blues' but they even stopped at a pedestrian crossing on route to the hospital! When I was in the casualty department the doctor said "sir, you have had a heart attack, do you understand?" I replied ... "I know, now go and tell that ambulance crew what a heart attack is!"
Classic firlandsfarm.
Made me chuckle but I would have to leap to the defence of the ambulance service. Man-handling a 15 stoner down 2 floors of spiral staircase is a challenge for 2 big blokes never mind 1 big bloke and an average build lassie.
And they do care about their job. We bumped into both over the next few months and they remembered him and asked how he was doing.
Derek27

I've just booked an appointment to see my doctor, on the 4th of May!!

Thanks to Sunak and his government, at least I won't encounter any beggars on the way and the streets should be clean with offenders in high-visibility jackets picking up the litter. :D
firlandsfarm

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:24 pm

Thanks to Sunak and his government, at least I won't encounter any beggars on the way and the streets should be clean with offenders in high-visibility jackets picking up the litter. :D
I get an appointment with my NHS doctor same day but funny enough the 'news' never reports "man saw doctor same day he phoned"!
Derek27

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 9:06 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 1:24 pm

I get an appointment with my NHS doctor same day but funny enough the 'news' never reports "man saw doctor same day he phoned"!
I was offered a choice between the 4th of May or getting/staying up at 8 every morning for a whole month. Most people who do that say they spend 15 minutes getting through to be told they're fully booked. Obviously some people have to get appointments so they can be fully booked.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”