US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a mugshot of Trump on every front page. :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:37 pm
Wouldn't it be fantastic to have a mugshot of Trump on every front page. :D
MAGA thinks that helps his chances with independents :?

He’s surely got to smile hasn’t he? If he does it’ll look like it’s a bit of a joke and he’s having a laugh, if he doesn’t it’ll amplify the seriousness of it all.
Derek27

Trump: When this election is over I'll be president of the United States.

FFS, if you're gonna arrest him do it now, before he finishes his speech!
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 25, 2023 11:06 pm
Trump: When this election is over I'll be president of the United States.

FFS, if you're gonna arrest him do it now, before he finishes his speech!
He’s literally been citing Twitter polls showing how he’s ‘destroying’ DeSantis, the crowd actually likes DeSantis, he’s not Cruz, Rubio or low energy Jeb
megarain

AI getting pretty good - hard to believe anything in digital media these days

Trump arrested.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

How many times does this need to happen before we say "let's do something about it"?
And yes it's the US so it's none of my business. But I'm a human and think I have the right to express what I perceive to be fundamentally wrong. How can these mindless acts keep erupting.
I think I have the right to express that there is something really wrong. Kiling with a gun is so detached. Although pulling the trigger on someone would be very, very hard for me even in extremis. But there is a culture out there that says weapons and killing are acceptable.
I disagree.
Weapons and killing create bigger weapons and more killing.

"Three children among dead after female shooter storms US school"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-u ... a-65087221
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 2:35 pm
AI getting pretty good - hard to believe anything in digital media these days

Trump arrested.jpg
I got all excited when I saw that pic. If you look closely, the police officer on the left of Trump has a much smaller right hand than his left hand.

No question about Prince Andrew though. That was definitely his hand. :)
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:58 pm
How many times does this need to happen before we say "let's do something about it"?
And yes it's the US so it's none of my business. But I'm a human and think I have the right to express what I perceive to be fundamentally wrong. How can these mindless acts keep erupting.
I think I have the right to express that there is something really wrong. Kiling with a gun is so detached. Although pulling the trigger on someone would be very, very hard for me even in extremis. But there is a culture out there that says weapons and killing are acceptable.
I disagree.

I think it was a testosterone-charged woman with a penis and testicles. I know that's not very PC but it would be interesting to know whether it was a woman of birth or a man that identifies as a woman.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:58 pm
I disagree.

It’s in their constitution, the right to bare arms. You and most others don’t agree with it but it’s nothing to do with you or those who hold the same beliefs.

How would you stop it anyway ?

Over 300 million guns in circulation, nobody knows who as what or how many.

It’s not like the UK, Australia or Canada that can just say overnight these or all are now banned. There is no gun registry. It would be like trying to ban knives in the UK, how would you police or enforce it.

There is nothing anyone can do. Many presidents have tried and failed.

Most people who have a firearm in the USA would die upholding that right. Which means law enforcement, government, courts, judges, national guard and others would have a major problem on their hands and tear the country apart, probably leading to civil war.

Guns be themselves are not bad, put it on a table, leave it alone AB’s it can do no harm. It won’t suddenly jump up and shoot someone.

The problem, like most things, is PEOPLE.

If you can only afford to live 2 hours from the nearest law enforcement then you need a way of protecting yourself.

Along the way, thousands more will die but to any gun owner in the USA, it’s a price worth paying.

It’s a cold, hard truth which nobody wants to or is willing to address.

Biden says guns are bad. How cum he has 4 shotguns and 2 hunting rifles, should he not lead by example and hand them in or have them destroyed, just a thought, maybe ?
Derek27

I got it the wrong way around. It was a biological woman who identifies as a man.

Don't know why men who 'choose' to be women are called she, but so are women who 'choose' to be men!
Archangel

This is Andy Ogles and family, Governor of Tennessee where the latest US school shooting occured. To be more specific, this was his official Christmas card last year
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 6:31 pm
This is Andy Ogles and family, Governor of Tennessee where the latest US school shooting occured. To be more specific, this was his official Christmas card last year
Sky News blurred the faces of the children. They seem to have more respect for his children than he does!
Archangel

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 7:08 pm

Sky News blurred the faces of the children. They seem to have more respect for his children than he does!
Imagine getting ready for a family Christmas card photo and someone shouts, "quick, get the machine guns"
Derek27

James Matthews asked if he regrets the photo and he replied: Why would I regret a family photo exercising my constitutional rights?

Matthews also asked, Why did you take that picture down from your Facebook feed? Why didn't you take it down in the wake of other mass shootings? If it's in bad taste now was it not in bad taste then?

Olges buggered off without saying anything.
Archangel

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Mar 28, 2023 8:14 pm
James Matthews asked if he regrets the photo and he replied: Why would I regret a family photo exercising my constitutional rights?

I am sure Jesus would be proud of him and his constitutional rights

Return to “Political betting & arguing”