EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Wolf1877

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:30 pm
this made me giggle soo much. this is brexit in a nutshell, a flag bigger than your mojo (your wheels, your house -your everything!! :D):

lol
And they're driving a BMW Isetta. Oh the irony.
Actually a UK registered BMW Isetta is a great example of how european nations managed to co-operate and trade successfully without needing the EU.
The BMW Isetta was in production between 1953-56 and the EEC, predecessor to the EU was not even formed until 1957.
wearthefoxhat

Wolf1877 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 2:09 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 9:05 pm
jimibt wrote:
Fri Jan 31, 2020 8:30 pm
this made me giggle soo much. this is brexit in a nutshell, a flag bigger than your mojo (your wheels, your house -your everything!! :D):

lol
And they're driving a BMW Isetta. Oh the irony.
Actually a UK registered BMW Isetta is a great example of how european nations managed to co-operate and trade successfully without needing the EU.
The BMW Isetta was in production between 1953-56 and the EEC, predecessor to the EU was not even formed until 1957.
I'd buy one....and have Bet Angel advertising on the doors and a piccy of Peter Webb on the bonnet, drive it up and down the rue de la regence....just saying...
firlandsfarm

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 8:22 am
… have Bet Angel advertising on the doors and a piccy of Peter Webb on the bonnet ...
The door is the bonnet on an Isetta! The whole of the front was a door to get in and out! :D
Isetta.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Mon Feb 03, 2020 9:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
jimibt

firlandsfarm wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:18 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
… and a piccy of Peter Webb on the bonnet ...
The door is the bonnet on an Isetta! The whole of the front was a door to get in and out! :D
Isetta.png
what a crazy contraption. shame health and safety kicked in over the past 50 years -lol
firlandsfarm

jimibt wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:23 am
shame health and safety kicked in over the past 50 years -lol
I'm not a fan of H&S when it goes OTT in my view but a car with only one door and at the front could be very dodgy if you run into something! But I think they are great fun. A kid at school had one when he upgraded from a motorbike! :lol:
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:
wearthefoxhat wrote:
… and a piccy of Peter Webb on the bonnet ...
Isetta.png
what a crazy contraption. shame health and safety kicked in over the past 50 years -lol
One of the reasons for declining sales was people were driving them into there garages then couldn't get out - not helped by the fact they had no reverse gear and could only be pushed backwards!
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:14 am
jimibt wrote:
firlandsfarm wrote:

Isetta.png
One of the reasons for declining sales was people were driving them into there garages then couldn't get out - not helped by the fact they had no reverse gear and could only be pushed backwards!
that is hilarious. and of course, it would also have been *from the days* where drink driving was unregulated, so no doubt a lot of confussion ensued!! :D
Dallas

jimibt wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:32 am
Dallas wrote:
jimibt wrote:

that is hilarious. and of course, it would also have been *from the days* where drink driving was unregulated, so no doubt a lot of confussion ensued!! :D
Yeah, and health and safety, there were many reports of people spending the nights in their garage where they drove right up to the back wall then got stuck till someone found them
firlandsfarm

Dallas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I had forgotten about that little quirk! Could also happen at parking spots!
wearthefoxhat

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Feb 04, 2020 4:09 am
Dallas wrote:
:lol: :lol: :lol: Yeah, I had forgotten about that little quirk! Could also happen at parking spots!
Ok, changed my mind about buying one.... :lol:
superfrank

It's a shame Betfair haven't got any markets around Brexit deal outcomes.

smarkets even have a market on whether or not the UK will be importing chlorinated chicken next year!...
https://smarkets.com/event/41731856/pol ... ed-chicken
Euler

Betfair really don't do enough of these sorts of things. They are a bit lazy now in looking for interesting angles to promote.

I can't see the UK doing a deal with the EU. The EU seems to want the UK to be outside the EU but abide by the EU legislation now and going forward. That's worse than being in the EU.

They obviously want that so the UK doesn't undercut the EU, but without a deal they have nothing stopping them.
Naffman

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 10, 2020 12:58 pm
Betfair really don't do enough of these sorts of things. They are a bit lazy now in looking for interesting angles to promote.

I can't see the UK doing a deal with the EU. The EU seems to want the UK to be outside the EU but abide by the EU legislation now and going forward. That's worse than being in the EU.

They obvious want that so the UK doesn't undercut the EU, but without a deal they have nothing stopping them.
Boris knows his party won in a landslide because a soft Brexit was pissing off Northern towns/cities. If he doesn't stay true to his word then those same people will desert him, whether they go back to labour though is another question.

So he basically can't meet in the middle with the EU, even if he gives in on one little issue the media will take him to the cleaners.
Derek27

I'm gonna enjoy hearing leave voters start moaning Brexit's not what it was cracked up to be. First off are the fishermen. :)
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 7:06 pm
I'm gonna enjoy hearing leave voters start moaning Brexit's not what it was cracked up to be. First off are the fishermen. :)
I doubt there will be any buyers remorse posted here Derek but all the signatures are here.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”