bet Trump

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
workpeter

Very interesting news, so FBI decide not to file charges a second time. Very surprising however the market’s reaction was not, Trump is back at 6.

So besides the fact the FBI director is finished (he'll be out within a month) , the damage is already done. Additionally the recent revelation she encouraged her Latino maid to handle classified material (another crime) will only further inflame her critics. This case has set many legal precedents and revealed justice is not blind. This will anger a lot of Americans.

Ironically this news will work against her because it’s all about turnout and her critics will be more passionate than her supporters. This news may even give her supporters a false sense of security, just look at the markets.

It’s a dead heat race and he is at 6. It’s a great value bet.
cybernet69

workpeter wrote:Very intersting news, so FBI decide not to file charges a second time. Very suprising however the markets reaction was not, Trump is back at 6.

So besides the fact the FBI director is finished (he'll be out within a month) , the damage is already done. Additionally the recent revealation she encouraged her latino maid to handle classified material (another crime) will only further inflame her critics. This case has set many legal precedents and revealed justice is not blind. This will anger a lot of americans.

Ironically this news will work against her because its all about turnout and her critics will be more passionate than her supporters. This news may even give her supporters a false sense of security, just look at the markets.

Its a dead heat race and he is at 6. Its a great value bet.
It's not a value bet. She has many paths to the WH, Trump only has one or two at best.

Basically it's a done deal, she will become the next president and the markets know it.
ShaunWhite

workpeter wrote:
It’s a dead heat race and he is at 6. It’s a great value bet.
It's a loooong way from being a dead heat. Trump's little ego trip is almost over.

I want to run a sweepstake on the time Hillary says..."Donald, you're fired"
marksmeets302

I don't think she will, she's much too smart for that. First thing on her agenda should be to reunite the parties, not cause anger against those that 'lost'.
LeTiss

ShaunWhite wrote: I want to run a sweepstake on the time Hillary says..."Donald, you're fired"
You're probably right, her advisors are probably salivating at the prospect of her delivering that line

I think it would be ill-judged. After such a toxic campaign, it would better to accept the result like a president, with good grace
Crazyskier

Frankly, what we have here is a lose-lose, regardless who ends up in the WH. God help us all.
Mr Undercover

marksmeets302 wrote:
I don't think she will, she's much too smart for that. First thing on her agenda should be to reunite the parties, not cause anger against those that 'lost'.
Aledgedly she'll have the highest IQ of any president in modern times... 189 I read. To be honest though I know a few high IQ individuals who regularly trip over their shoe laces.

I think the markets will get gittery alla brexit style through the day so holding out for a back to lay on Donald, I agree there is a lot of value at 6.0. Like Brexit we may find the hedge funds are holding the price high as they know what's coming and all the WOM is on Hilary.

No one knows if the confederate red neck hill billies will come out in force to vote (90 million potential illerate X's that have never been cast).

Will be an interesting night.
Magnifico

We should have our own poll on this election.
workpeter

Back in at 4.8 , like taking candy from a baby.
Crazyskier

workpeter wrote:Back in at 4.8 , like taking candy from a baby.
But less cruel...
Crazyskier

Crazyskier wrote:
Zenyatta wrote:Hi,

Don't waste your money on Trump, he has no chance of winning. He's 5-10% down in the popular vote - no politician in the history of the US has won from this position.
Funny, I'm sure they said that about Cameron winning enough seats for the Tories to lead alone at the general election.

And I'm sure they said that about the UK leaving the European Union when the odds were 1/4 on staying...

I'd say Trump is a lot closer to a 50/50 than many realise... Areal coin-toss IMO.
Hate to say I told you so, guys... (As did WorkPeter and others). 8-)

I also put my money (well, a fiver anyway!) where my mouth is!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Crazyskier on Wed Nov 09, 2016 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
kerberus

CS you forgot something.....
:D, or maybe it should be....
:D :mrgreen: :P :lol:

PS. I got an email saying I won the Cash Race, but it don't say how much. Anybody know how much?
:!:
Crazyskier

kerberus wrote:CS you forgot something.....
:D, or maybe it should be....
:D :mrgreen: :P :lol:

PS. I got an email saying I won the Cash Race, but it don't say how much. Anybody know how much?
:!:
It's funny. I had NO email and no cash and look what the buggers emailed me this morning when I queried it - Hi XXXX

Thanks for getting in touch.

Can you please provide as with a screenshot showing that you are eligible for 55 £ winnings for the Cash Race Promotion.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with. Or maybe our FAQs will come in handy?

Thanks,

Ertan

Betfair Customer Service

This frankly pisses me off - why the hell would they not know what they promised on a promotion?
kerberus

Thankyou Crazy. I now know there is £55 out there for me somewhere................ :P

I just gotta find it :?: :ugeek:

This frankly pisses me off - why the hell would they not know
You will get really p*ssed off if you start wondering about the machinations of BetF marketing and Customer Relations Management departments.
BTW - if you are a new customer - you can get a free bet! :shock:
Black Ice

Many thanks to Workpeter for some excellent advice!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”