UK General Election **June 8th**

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
LeTiss

Whatever your political persuasion, this will be huge!

Politics betting/trading has gone bonkers in recent years, so get involved, you'd be mad to miss out
Dallas

Did nt see this coming :shock:
kerberus

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2017 11:18 am
Whatever your political persuasion, this will be huge!

Politics betting/trading has gone bonkers in recent years, so get involved, you'd be mad to miss out
Whoopy!

:mrgreen:

On a more serious note :geek: this is a decisive moment for the nation.
LeTiss

The Tories are heavy odds on to comfortably win, but it's going to be fascinating

There are two potential definites though -

Labour are in a mess, there's zero chance realistically of them doing any damage.
UKIP will probably crumble without the enigmatic Farage.

The interesting ones are the Lib Dems and SNP

Nicola Sturgeon is a divisive character, and has split Scotland, not unified it - will this be reflected in the SNP vote?
I wouldn't be surprised to see them lose seats

Lib Dems have behaved undemocratically IMO over Brexit. Will the remainers vote for them as a protest? However, Farron defied his own constituency over the referendum, so will he be a potential surprise seat loser?
gstar1975

I would like to start a new thread about the surprising snap election called by Theresa May, and with only a few weeks to decide it will make for very interesting trading opportunities.

Does anybody really think she could lose this election?

Has Betfair opened a market on this yet?
Euler

More chaos!
Euler

It wouldn't surprise me at all that the unexpected happens. After all Turkey just voted for a dictatorship.
kerberus

Link is giving a "not found"
kerberus

You need to be logged in to BF
ShaunWhite

Surely Labour can't look any worse than they do now?

If Corbyn comes out from under his stone and seizes the moment he's worked his whole life for, plays the 'real person' card enough....then maybe, just maybe the number of seats market has a tick or two of value. His poll rating is terrible but to be fair, nobody has actually seen him perform yet. Me neither, and I'm no fan, but he's obviously got something about him to get where he is. Labour are also in the same position as the Tories last time, no real expectation of a clear win, so they can promise the earth.

With May's refusal to do the live debate and Corbyn hiding behind a rose bush, we're in for a strange one.

(thx for moving this, sorry I hadn't spotted the existing thread)
Last edited by ShaunWhite on Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Euler

I just wonder if people are going to stick two fingers up at the whole thing. I know I feel that way.

I was pleased when they said they were moving parliament to a fixed term as it means no more manipulation from politicians and so on. It turns out this was just another lie.

I'm thinking that nobody trusts anyone any longer and may just vote to that effect. After all half the people didn't want Brexit anyhow. So why no use this moment to give the politicians a bloody nose. I'm laying anything at short prices.
Naffman

Would be a lot different if Labour had a different leader but I know a few hardcore Labour supporters who won't even vote for them whilst he's in charge. Lib Dems also look a bit clueless and UKIP are nothing without Farage so hopefully Corbyn stays and we have a Tory whitewash :)
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:22 pm
After all half the people didn't want Brexit anyhow.
If the LibDems took 48% of the vote, then that would certainly be a turn up for the books, to coin an appropiate phrase.
Naffman

But will the Remainers who are quite liberal vote for someone who thinks being gay is a sin? I highly doubt it.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”