Trump exit date

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

Micheal Cohen currently testifying: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-u ... a-47390920
Naffman

Fake news
marksmeets302

Not sure if this is a fat finger but somebody just took out the entire book all the way to 1.02 on "will trump be impeached in his 1st term".
impeach.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Trump evens for impeachment.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm
Would he not resign before impeached? I think I saw earlier that President Nixon resigned before they could. No President has ever been impeached and it has to go through 6 committee's to become a formal process... so far this is all just a storm in a tea cup & people are all over the wrong side of it imo.
Kafkaesque

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:13 pm
Euler wrote:
Would he not resign before impeached? I think I saw earlier that President Nixon resigned before they could. No President has ever been impeached and it has to go through 6 committee's to become a formal process... so far this is all just a storm in a tea cup & people are all over the wrong side of it imo.
Regardless of where someone stands about Trump's presidency, the one thing that should be clear is that Trump has turned out to be completely incapable of admitting being wrong.

Whether he's actually that much of a --- "insert your own word" -- or it's part of building a persona he and/or his advisors feel will appeal to his core voters, I'm unsure. I am though sure he'll never in a million years take the ultimate I was wrong bullet of resigning.
BetBuddy

Any inpeachment will be blocked by the Senate.

Not many US presidents, after being impeached have actually been removed from office.
Kafkaesque

BetBuddy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Not many US presidents, after being impeached have actually been removed from office.
Being pedantic, then the senate doesn't impeach (and thus cannot block it); congress does and the senate decides on conviction. In broader, less pedantic, terms, it's a bit early to say categorically that the senate will do anything. On what we know now, you're absolutely correct, but the senate isn't being asked tomorrow. It's a long process, and it remains to be seen what will be unearthed.

The senators are not young men by and large, and the cold war isn't that far gone. Unsavory links to Russia - regardless of whether one believes it's, largely, fake news or not, there is something there - and pressuring an ally to the traditional allies of the US who's in conflict with Russia, before actually withholding aid as the pressure didn't work, has enough whiff of treason about it, irrespective of party lines, if more comes to light. Again, remains to be seen though, and as it stands this could just as well backfire hugely on the democrats.
jamesg46

Kafkaesque wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 10:23 pm
BetBuddy wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 9:34 pm

Being pedantic, then the senate doesn't impeach (and thus cannot block it); congress does and the senate decides on conviction. In broader, less pedantic, terms, it's a bit early to say categorically that the senate will do anything. On what we know now, you're absolutely correct, but the senate isn't being asked tomorrow. It's a long process, and it remains to be seen what will be unearthed.

The senators are not young men by and large, and the cold war isn't that far gone. Unsavory links to Russia - regardless of whether one believes it's, largely, fake news or not, there is something there - and pressuring an ally to the traditional allies of the US who's in conflict with Russia, before actually withholding aid as the pressure didn't work, has enough whiff of treason about it, irrespective of party lines, if more comes to light. Again, remains to be seen though, and as it stands this could just as well backfire hugely on the democrats.
My personal opinion of Trump probably differs from most, or that of the main stream media. I've come to realise that no matter my opinion or the opposite opinions held by others, it will be of no relevance to either political party or present/future presidents.

This is though imo, and I will except my opinion has a probability of worthlessness... that this is a perfectly timed theatrical stunt adopted by the Globalist elite to dampen the credibility of Trump using an inflated story about some conversation that very much likely happens between world leaders all of the time.

What does strike me as interesting is the relevance that this could have in forcing Boris Johnson to go and ask for an extension, after all who on earth can go and make a trade deal with somebody who is being run through the mill of impeachment.

All that said and done, I'll just he happy to find a decent bounce in this afternoon's markets 😁
The Silk Run

Euler wrote:
Messrs Euler 'Wisdom & Knowledge' one is curious if you will have a trading interest in this outcome, and monitoring events. Any hints greatly received ....
Share the love Angel ...
Derek27

He's as likely to survive impeachment as he was likely to get elected!
jamesg46

Less than a million says Trunp to be impeached, the last Trump market, I'm sure was one of the biggest Betfair had ever seen. Is this just media hype? It hasn't even gone to vote, which the law requires. What am I not understanding guys?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Impeachment to go ahead. But I still find it hard to believe this will get through the Senate, unless his party now see him as toxic.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-50671570
Screenshot_5.png
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm
Impeachment to go ahead. But I still find it hard to believe this will get through the Senate, unless his party now see him as toxic.
Screenshot_5.png
The house vote on impeachment & the Senate decide if he gets removed from office or not. This makes it very likely he will be impeached, considering the Dems control the house. I'm still opposing it, all be it not for a great deal of money. I think it may be more likely the house will move towards a vote of censure instead, if they impeach him they only strengthen his base for the 2020 election, they basically gift him a campaign present imo. Maybe the 2020 market is one to watch too 😁
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 06, 2019 8:09 am
ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 3:53 pm
Screenshot_5.png
The house vote on impeachment & the Senate decide if he gets removed from office or not. This makes it very likely he will be impeached, considering the Dems control the house. I'm still opposing it, all be it not for a great deal of money. I think it may be more likely the house will move towards a vote of censure instead, if they impeach him they only strengthen his base for the 2020 election, they basically gift him a campaign present imo. Maybe the 2020 market is one to watch too 😁
Can't believe Nancy Pelosi's 79 years old!!

Can't see the point in it as the Republicans have a majority and final say, and only a third of the house need to support him to foil having him kicked out of office.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”