Trump exit date

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
tallsuk

I think that there will be a race for the GOP nomination in 2020. This CNN article discusses challengers...

http://edition.cnn.com/2017/08/01/polit ... index.html

If the republicans get their act together and choose one candidate to challenge Trump he may not get the nomination.

I think it is going to be about the Democrats nominee though. Trump won because there were lots of republicans who could not bring themselves to vote for Clinton. If the Dems go left then they will still lose these voters but if they go right and the reps put up Trump again, I cant see him winning.

Still long on him lasting the distance till 2021 though but I really wish he would stop talking so the price starts dropping.
tallsuk

Does anyone know why the price for Trump seeing out the term has dropped so much in the last few days?

2 weeks ago he was sitting at 2.1, that dropped to 2 on Christmas Eve and is currently sitting at 1.89.

Is it just that people are realising how difficult it is to get septuagenarian bigots to leave???
Euler

Probably idiot tweets like this perhaps?

@realDonaldTrump

In the East, it could be the COLDEST New Year’s Eve on record. Perhaps we could use a little bit of that good old Global Warming that our Country, but not other countries, was going to pay TRILLIONS OF DOLLARS to protect against. Bundle up!
tallsuk

I have gone from thinking he was a joke, to thinking shortly after he won that he should be given a chance, which moved on to the guy is a total lunatic who should not even be in charge of a TV remote and now I am starting to wonder if he is actually some sort of political genius!!!

Still can't see how they will get rid of him before the next election though so 1.89 is still a good price.
marksmeets302

Special counsel Mueller: Russians conducted 'information warfare' against US during election to help Donald Trump win
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/16/russian ... probe.html
marksmeets302

There should be a market for "Trump staff: average time in service before ousted", answers ranging from days to weeks.

Tillerson out, Pompeo in.
Euler

Surely invoking national emergency powers to build a political statement, sorry, wall, isn't going to go down well. This power is there for real emergencies. Sets a really dangerous precedent.
to75ne

Euler wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:49 pm
Surely invoking national emergency powers to build a political statement, sorry wall, isn't going to go down well. This power is there for real emergencies. Sets a really dangerous precedent.
makes yer laugh though, he is a funny little fecker. :)
megarain

I only watched half the press conference- but rated his performance much higher than previously.

Even if the courts turn it over, he has a bargaining tool to go back to his root supporters for a 2020 run.

His hair is growing back / his words seemed more modest

Back to back terms now seems v possible - and it absolutely shocks me to even think it.
ShaunWhite

megarain wrote:
Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:52 pm
I only watched half the press conference- but rated his performance much higher than previously.
He's a genius businessman, he asked for $5.7bn and was offered $1.6bn. So he threw his toys out of the pram, and the revised offer is now $1.4bn. :lol: You can see how he's turned his father's $3bn into $2bn with boardroom skills like that. This concrete wall will be a picket fence by summer.
Euler

Micheal Cohen currently testifying: -

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/world-u ... a-47390920
Naffman

Fake news
marksmeets302

Not sure if this is a fat finger but somebody just took out the entire book all the way to 1.02 on "will trump be impeached in his 1st term".
impeach.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Trump evens for impeachment.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Wed Sep 25, 2019 6:05 pm
Trump evens for impeachment.
Would he not resign before impeached? I think I saw earlier that President Nixon resigned before they could. No President has ever been impeached and it has to go through 6 committee's to become a formal process... so far this is all just a storm in a tea cup & people are all over the wrong side of it imo.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”