Peterborough by-Election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Emmson

spreadbetting wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 10:48 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 5:30 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Fri Jun 07, 2019 2:35 am
we need a civil war.
Have a day off pontificating for once, Shaun, I doubt it was anything other than a throwaway remark.
BetScalper has displayed war fever over and over again on this forum.
BetScalper

Get a grip of yourselves.

I have served in Iraq and Afghanistan 3 times. I am fully aware of War and it’s consequences.

In Iraq I lost 5 friends and in Afghanistan 9 in total.

Seeing mates limbs hanging from trees as bait tends to focus your mind in what’s wrong and right in life.

My grandad also served in India, France and then Germany before taking his own life shortly after returning home to Kent where he worked as MOD police.

I make no apologies to anyone on this forum for my previous comments about this country and politics which has gone to pot and then some.

As I once explained to Shaun, the Labour Party threw away probably the best politician to lead this country and now we are stuck with muppets, none of which I would ever follow into battle with.

Don’t like the comments I make, fair enough but I will never apologise for making them, ever.
ShaunWhite

BetScalper wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 12:37 am
Don’t like the comments I make, fair enough but I will never apologise for making them, ever.
Our freedom to disagree is testiment to those who, like you, have served. I respect you for that, genuinely, but I hope you can see why that remark made in this particular week, might be interpreted as being insensitive or controversial by some, even if it isn't to you. Neither of us are the type to shut up and turn the other cheek, and long may that be the case. It's corny, but that usually means there's more similarities than differences, even though that thought isn't especially palatable for either of us. ;) I think we should settle for an uneasy peace based on mutually assured destruction.
superfrank

70% of votes were postal votes when the national average is 18%.
The Labour campaign was being helped by a convicted fraudster who served time for rigging an election.
Labour has form with postal vote fraud.
I wonder if the supposed independent Electoral Commission will be as keen on looking into this as they are with the finances of pro-Brexit organisations.
neilb

superfrank wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:28 am
70% of those who requested a postal vote used them, not 70% of total votes were postal votes.
superfrank

neilb wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:42 am
superfrank wrote:
Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:28 am
70% of those who requested a postal vote used them, not 70% of total votes were postal votes.
yes, sorry, that's right.
turnout among postal voters was 69.4% - very high.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”