Next Tory Leader & May's Exit Date (2019)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
greenmark

C4 news presente it as 'breaking news'. So either they're stirring or it's become more credible.
greenmark

Crikey, it couldn't be that Boris is the ultimate stalking horse. Shafted by Gove and now he's elected Hunt thereby giving 2 fingers to Gove and avoiding the poisoned chalice of Brexit.
Dallas

From what I've just read it was Boris arguing with his partner/girlfriend who he shares the house with and a concerned neighbour called the police as a disturbance, they came and left after both Boris and his partner confirmed they were safe and not in any danger
superfrank

The neighbour said they recorded the altercation from inside their flat out of concern for Symonds. On the recording, heard by the Guardian, Johnson can be heard refusing to leave the flat and telling Symonds to “get off my flipping laptop” before there is a loud crashing noise.

Symonds is heard saying Johnson had ruined a sofa with red wine: “You just don’t care for anything because you’re spoilt. You have no care for money or anything.”

The neighbour said: “There was a smashing sound of what sounded like plates. There was a couple of very loud screams that I’m certain were Carrie and she was shouting to ‘get out’ a lot. She was saying ‘get out of my flat’ and he was saying no. And then there was silence after the screaming. My partner, who was in bed half asleep, had heard a loud bang and the house shook.”
Naffman

Didn't realise Rory Stewart lived next door :roll:
dragontrades

Looks like the guardian will release an audio recording tomorrow.
Also Boris has said he will not do the Sky debate which is a shame
superfrank

So a neighbour records the domestic and sends it to the Guardian. Only in London.
Dallas

superfrank wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 9:11 pm
So a neighbour records the domestic and sends it to the Guardian. Only in London.
Kerching!
dragontrades

Wish I had hedged my lay of Gove :(
Dallas

Boris now out to 1.24
Think he touched a low of around 1.10/1.11 after the final round

Wish I hadn't exited my lay on him now :?
LeTiss

Considering there's basically only 2 left in the race, the book is constantly broke. It doesn't show this, as there's so many other runners still in the market, but when you isolate the prices of Johnson and Hunt, it's well below 100%
Black Ice

I layed BJ last night @ 1.22...he's under tremendous pressure..apparently missing calming influence of Marina...sofa surfing if C throws him out..bad relate between her & Linton C..she might just decide that being 'first lady to BJ/PM aint much fun!! He must be emotionally all over the place...& he wants to run the country!!!??? :o Honestly woouldnt surprise me if he impolded...again!!!
LeTiss

It's a market where you need to take your position and hold your nerve. It's an incredibly jumpy market, and we keep seeing 3 or 4 tick movements for no real reason. If you kept following the money, you'd quickly get bullied and beaten
Black Ice

Yup..I shall hold until he wins..or gets beaten. Another thing..he's thoroughly upset his 6 children over Carrie...& that's really worrying him. He's in an emotional maelstrom...& trying to run a campaigne to lead the country??? Don't think so! :o :shock:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”