Next Tory Leader & May's Exit Date (2019)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
sionascaig

https://yougov.co.uk/topics/politics/ar ... y-destroye

Interesting poll (and looks like there aren't many unionists left in context of brexit)....
superfrank

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:32 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 4:27 am
Jeremy Corbyn waiting in the wings with the very real possibility of becoming PM
Doubtful. The coup is gathering momentum if you excuse the pun. His days are numbered. Unless something drastic happens that means the fixed term parliament act gets thrown in the bin, or Tories vote no confidence in themselves, there'll be plenty of time for him to be ousted before a GE. I wouldn't be suprised to see him out, he's totally at odds with the membership.
Ah yes, the fickle young leftists who joined for £3 a pop and sang Jeremy Corbyn songs at Glastonbury.

Old Dustbyn is now trapped by his duplicitous Brexit policy. It'll be interesting to see if he can ride it out, or cave in to the metro liberals. It's looking like he's about to fold atm.
dragontrades

I think Corbyn should have supported May's withdrawal agreement.
Brexit would be out of the way for him. The Government would have lost it's majority as the DUP would withdrawn their support for the Gov bringing a GE.

Anyway does anyone think Hunt has any chance against Boris?
Dallas

dragontrades wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 12:20 pm
I think Corbyn should have supported May's withdrawal agreement.
Brexit would be out of the way for him. The Government would have lost it's majority as the DUP would withdrawn their support for the Gov bringing a GE.

Anyway does anyone think Hunt has any chance against Boris?
I wouldn't think so, I dumped my lay on him last night and took a few ticks loss, will likely go in again if he shortens a bit more on the chance something goes wrong for him during the hustings between the top 2 in next few weeks
Dallas

Prior to result
Hunt 15.0
Gove 34.0
superfrank

Javid out.

Boris won't want to face Gove (even though Hunt is probably more popular amongst the members). This is Gove's last chance in front-line politics (it's off to the back benches if he loses) so he'd likely fight dirty. Hunt can be trusted to finish an honourable 2nd and stay in cabinet.
Dallas

I think I'd be laying BoJo if it is Gove, I think over the next few weeks Gove will dismantle Johnson in debates - Johnson likey to still win but I don't see his price shortening much against Gove but plenty of potential to drift
dragontrades

I hope Boris wins now.
I don't like him but there is something very sinister about the other two
ShaunWhite

dragontrades wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 2:51 pm
I hope Boris wins now.
I don't like him but there is something very sinister about the other two
Boris is the least likely to accept no deal. He's too well connected with people in the City. Hence him referring to it as a "disorganised Brexit" rather than the more positive sounding 'no deal' in the debate on numerous occasions.
superfrank

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Boris is the least likely to accept no deal. He's too well connected with people in the City. Hence him referring to it as a "disorganised Brexit" rather than the more positive sounding 'no deal' in the debate on numerous occasions.
He's referring to the distinction between an absolute No Deal as opposed to a managed one. I don't think you can read anything into his language in this respect.
greenmark

SFAIKS Johnson had a privileged upbringing and emerged from Oxford with a 2:1. That doesn''t describe a hefty intellect.
Derek27

Don't trade politics but glad the former cocaine snorting Justice Secretary and Lord Chancellor's out. :D
greenmark

Channel 4 reporting altercation at Boris Johnson's home.
dragontrades

If Bois drops out do they have a Hunt coronation or does Gove re-enter?
Naffman

Says it was early this morning - surely if it was real it would've been headlines this morning

Return to “Political betting & arguing”