General Election 2019 (UK)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 14, 2019 10:13 pm
Yeah, that exit poll really killed the game. Wish I just switched off and traded Australia. It was quite depressing viewing if you voted Labour.
I gathered you did... so I had to stop myself with a sarcastic reply to "before booting the laptop" I dont want to get into debating "sides" so I thought best to lay off trying to find some mutual humour for a while.
GaryCook

My conclusion of 40 years on this planet relating to politics, this is actually a more accurate political scale.
Some people won't like it but to be honest to me that's just ego. Nothing personal.
Which is actually the biggest problem in politics.
Only posting this as it may help people trade and understand politics better from a more neutral perspective.
In my opinion. Which I guess is all it can be.
political spectrum.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

How presumptuous.
GaryCook

Jukebox wrote:
Sat Dec 21, 2019 5:51 pm
How presumptuous.
Me? Maybe some but not being rude as such. People are welcome to debunk my point if they can.

Of course, this is more about trading but I have to be real about this as being an anarchist I don't have recourse for people making often harmful decisions over my life. Democracy doesn't work when more than half of the people in the same country as me cant run their own life well never mind a nation.

I get a bit fed up with it all as its the same every election cycle. Nothing good has really ever come of it. Yet people still do it over and over. I really can't see the sense in that.

Also, if I criticise the left people think I'm on the right and if I criticise the right people think I'm on the left.
To me that says it all.

To me, its tribalism less legit than betting on MAN U or MAN CIty at the weekend.

My POV on it helps me understand people and make money I find so encourages me to think I'm correct.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”