US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesedwards

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 10:37 pm

The theory is, you're the only person in the world and everybody else is just a figment of your imagination. :)
OMG you don't mean you're real! :!:
gazuty

megarain

https://beta.documentcloud.org/document ... -contest-1

Nevada upholds election result - 1.03 to back
knightwire2

Things are clearly going Trump's way. Hes getting all the local appeals out of the way (which he knew he would never win because of all the deep state corruption at the local level), so that he can move swiftly on to the Supreme Court, where the election will be overturned.

And if anybody thinks he didnt see this coming, why did he issue an Executive Order back in 2018 such that this election was held whilst in a state of emergency whilst under threat of domestic or foreign interference in the election? Theyve known all along exactly what the deep state was going to do. And lo and behold all the swampies have now been caught red handed with election fraud. What a great way to get rid of them all at once.

If he was even one bit worried, he wouldnt have been out playing golf the day after - conveniently playing a very significant '17' holes!

There are quite a few clues that Trump has been many steps ahead of sleepy Joe and his swamp creatures for quite a few years now. Even the recent huge increase in the number of planes flying down to Gitmo tells me something. Especially with Sidney Powell being qualified as a military lawyer it seems :D
Derek27

knightwire2 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 am
Things are clearly going Trump's way. Hes getting all the local appeals out of the way (which he knew he would never win because of all the deep state corruption at the local level), so that he can move swiftly on to the Supreme Court, where the election will be overturned.

And if anybody thinks he didnt see this coming, why did he issue an Executive Order back in 2018 such that this election was held whilst in a state of emergency whilst under threat of domestic or foreign interference in the election? Theyve known all along exactly what the deep state was going to do. And lo and behold all the swampies have now been caught red handed with election fraud. What a great way to get rid of them all at once.

If he was even one bit worried, he wouldnt have been out playing golf the day after - conveniently playing a very significant '17' holes!

There are quite a few clues that Trump has been many steps ahead of sleepy Joe and his swamp creatures for quite a few years now. Even the recent huge increase in the number of planes flying down to Gitmo tells me something. Especially with Sidney Powell being qualified as a military lawyer it seems :D
If you're being serious your living in a world of fantasy knightwire, The US Supreme court makes decisions on points of law, it's not simply another bite of the cherry. So unless Trump's legal team think they can persuade the SC that it is an error of law to expect evidence of wrongdoing it won't be going there.

Nobody's been caught cheating, it's just a story for the gullible. Trump was happy to hold elections during the crisis because he thought it would work to his advantage - he even told his supporters to vote twice!

If you think he's not worried you must be poor at reading the way people present themselves, he looks quite deflated to me. He plays golf to get away from the media as he's now completely humiliated. :D
decomez6

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 1:18 am
knightwire2 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 12:36 am

If you're being serious your living in a world of fantasy knightwire, The US Supreme court makes decisions on points of law, it's not simply another bite of the cherry. So unless Trump's legal team think they can persuade the SC that it is an error of law to expect evidence of wrongdoing it won't be going there.

Nobody's been caught cheating, it's just a story for the gullible. Trump was happy to hold elections during the crisis because he thought it would work to his advantage - he even told his supporters to vote twice!

If you think he's not worried you must be poor at reading the way people present themselves, he looks quite deflated to me. He plays golf to get away from the media as he's now completely humiliated. :D
The art of the deal is not that complicated , especially when the so called ‘ victim‘ is more than willing and ready to pay for it. DT is doing what he knows best , grab....grabbing... gr-robbed.
Watch how the Kelly’s maga republic Love it... and before they know it 0.5 billion is gone into DT’s https://youtu.be/4SLI1XWkQow [/url]
Derek27

According to the Mail, the star witness is on probation for computer crime. She also claims she wasn't drinking, which is even sadder. :lol:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... claim.html
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:09 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 7:47 pm
I disagree, 7.5 billion people live an individual reality & what do you mean, is the earth not flat?
Did you get that from a self help book or a TED talk? ;)

If we all lived in an individual reality then would we be aware of each other, sounds like you're describing a parallel reality rather than an individual one
The theory is, you're the only person in the world and everybody else is just a figment of your imagination. :)
That's not exactly true (imo) but not far off. You're only relevant in my existence because I choose to acknowledge your existence, exact opposite is also true of course.

It could be argued that without imagination you would never have become part of my reality, because without imagination none of us would be here talking on this forum.

Interestingly to me, I also believe that each individuals reality can be changed, especially through circumstance. Circumstance is like a tool, of course it sometimes just happens but you can also use it with imagination.

We play ourselves, like an avatar in a computer game, we also conveniently play the people in our lives like an avatar in our game... what most people are too stupid to understand is each and every person is playing their own game.
Euler

Biden officially secures enough electors to become president

Although members of Congress can object to accepting the electors' votes, it would be almost impossible for Biden to be blocked at that point.

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2020-e ... t-n1250085
Derek27

...and still £2M available at 1.03!
decomez6

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 10:57 am
Derek27 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 8:09 pm

Did you get that from a self help book or a TED talk? ;)

If we all lived in an individual reality then would we be aware of each other, sounds like you're describing a parallel reality rather than an individual one
That's not exactly true (imo) but not far off. You're only relevant in my existence because I choose to acknowledge your existence, exact opposite is also true of course.

It could be argued that without imagination you would never have become part of my reality, because without imagination none of us would be here talking on this forum.

Interestingly to me, I also believe that each individuals reality can be changed, especially through circumstance. Circumstance is like a tool, of course it sometimes just happens but you can also use it with imagination.

We play ourselves, like an avatar in a computer game, we also conveniently play the people in our lives like an avatar in our game... what most people are too stupid to understand is each and every person is playing their own game.
Consciousness is the creator of nothingness. There are no voids outside our imagination.there is no place called nothing outside our brains,Every empty space Is occupied by dark energy And dark matter and yet the human senses are not equipped detect The obvious.
The number ‘zero’ 0 , is a concept of the mind which makes it easier for the brain to do some computational tasks. It acts like an infinite container with endless permutations. A place where you can create your own imagination from scratch.
Individual reality is subjective to that individuals lived experiences . You are only aware of what you are aware, where as objective reality exists regardless weather we observe it or not. For example , in Quantum.physics a particle will attain wave like properties just because it came in contact with your consciousness? One particle will appear in two places at the same time. It’s like an illusion! The double split experiment showed how our brains can create Subjective reality And distort objective reality.
Donald trump’s distorted reality wouldn’t bother me , if only he wasn’t in charge of the nuclear codes .
Zenyatta

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:28 pm
...and still £2M available at 1.03!
30-1 sounds about right now, there's always a small chance of some sort of black-swan event whilst any doubt still remains, but the odds should have always been this low ever since the media called it , at which point the election was essentially over.

The boundless gullibility of hapless Trump traders proves that there's always going to be tons of easy money in sports and political betting, where wild emotions, rumors and opinion are clearly running riot. Trump is the very embodiment of fake news :twisted:
Zenyatta

Since you guys are talking philosophy, as an interesting aside for you all, I actually cracked the meaning of life about a week ago.

---

Essentially, all of reality is information, and both physical events and mental events are *composed* using complexity measures. Consciousness is the local flow of time in a complex system - time is equivalent to increasing complexity. So time is half objective (physical complexity - or entropy) and half subjective (mental complexity or knowledge).

The universe is still under construction, and we can manipulate the evolution of reality due to the subjective component of time as explained above.

The meaning of life is the golden mean between min and max complexity, a consilience of thought or 'joyous growth' achieved when engaged in tasks that are neither too simple nor too complex, but achieve the 'golden mean' of moderately complex.

The universe evolves towards its ultimate telos of the golden mean of complexity.

-Cheers :D
megarain

Tellus what Telos means :

Ok, I googled it. Some shit about the full potential of smething.

Deep
decomez6

Zenyatta wrote:
Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:21 pm
Since you guys are talking philosophy, as an interesting aside for you all, I actually cracked the meaning of life about a week ago.

---

Essentially, all of reality is information, and both physical events and mental events are *composed* using complexity measures. Consciousness is the local flow of time in a complex system - time is equivalent to increasing complexity. So time is half objective (physical complexity - or entropy) and half subjective (mental complexity or knowledge).

The universe is still under construction, and we can manipulate the evolution of reality due to the subjective component of time as explained above.

The meaning of life is the golden mean between min and max complexity, a consilience of thought or 'joyous growth' achieved when engaged in tasks that are neither too simple nor too complex, but achieve the 'golden mean' of moderately complex.

The universe evolves towards its ultimate telos of the golden mean of complexity.

-Cheers :D
Universe under construction or is it self propelled?
Does zero 0 time exist?
if so where is zero time? is it subjective or objective?
Time is a navigational tool , it’s a way to keep track of the past Macro events. Jesus Christ died 2020 years ago. Your date of birth is a timer clock which stops on your way down five foot under.
Time has very limited effect in the quantum world, One particle appear in two places at the same time. Everything is connected to a singularity. This suggests that the universe in the quantum level has always existed and it has no beginning or end.

The meaning of which life? biological or quantum
... the meaning of biological life is a conscious self preserving genes cycle. A human life is a perfect example of eat , shit ,reproduce and die.
Evolution is an elimination process which help the organism to adapt and preserve the cycle in the most efficient and effective way.

Just thinking....🤔

Return to “Political betting & arguing”