US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:05 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:53 pm
For me looking at it from my own perspective I think individuals within msm or media should be held responsible but fundamentaly I understand that is flawed & ultimately is does come down to us as individuals. I believe there should be some accountability but my wires cross on how.
In the UK you have Ofcom so there should be some accountability but in the States there doesn't seem to be anyone keeping the media honest.
I've been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, great series & even though it's just a fictional series it sort of shows how the establishment and msm in DC operates. Good watch imo if you have some free time.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:14 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:53 pm
For me looking at it from my own perspective I think individuals within msm or media should be held responsible but fundamentaly I understand that is flawed & ultimately is does come down to us as individuals. I believe there should be some accountability but my wires cross on how.
In the UK you have Ofcom so there should be some accountability but in the States there doesn't seem to be anyone keeping the media honest.
I've been watching Designated Survivor on Netflix, great series & even though it's just a fictional series it sort of shows how the establishment and msm in DC operates. Good watch imo if you have some free time.
Yeah its a good watch.

Every time I see Kiefer Sutherland it reminds me of The Lost Boys though :twisted: :)
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:39 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Trader Pat wrote:

Yeah its a good watch.

Every time I see Kiefer Sutherland it reminds me of The Lost Boys though :twisted: :)
I've not watched it, just had a quick Google, it was a year after I was born and he looks mid teens.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

Yeah its a good watch.

I've not watched it, just had a quick Google, it was a year after I was born and he looks mid teens.

I saw it when I was about 12, was good fun but wouldnt call it scary.

By 12 though I was already a veteran of The Omen, The Exorcist and Poltergeist! :)
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:55 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 6:47 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Yeah its a good watch.

I saw it when I was about 12, was good fun but wouldnt call it scary.

By 12 though I was already a veteran of The Omen, The Exorcist and Poltergeist! :)
I remember watching the Exorcist & Driller Killer as a teenager... the narrative back then got me feeling scared before watching them. The story went something like people had committed suicide after watching them, it filled me with fear over the possibility but actually the movies weren't that scary. Funny how we can be fearful of tales, I dont know to this day if it was true or not.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 7:07 pm
I remember watching the Exorcist & Driller Killer as a teenager... the narrative back then got me feeling scared before watching them. The story went something like people had committed suicide after watching them, it filled me with fear over the possibility but actually the movies weren't that scary. Funny how we can be fearful of tales, I dont know to this day if it was true or not.
The Omen scared the crap outta me, even years afterwards when I watched it. One of the very few movies that had me looking over my shoulder in the dark :lol:
greenmark

Most disturbing things I've watched were The Stone Tape (a tv programme from the 70's) and Eraserhead.
On the election, I notice that the bbc have shifted from any chance of Trump winning any challenge to discussing Biden's 'healing' approach and the law suits (potentially) awaiting Trump when he becomes an ordinary citizen (albeit with lifetime security service cover).
gazuty

Nate incredulous at betting markets.

https://mobile.twitter.com/natesilver538

Tweet reads “ Political betting markets still give Trump a >10% chance, both nationally and in several states where *results have been certified*. As I've said before, it's a bit alarming there are so many delusional people out there that the market equilibrium is this detached from reality.”

There must be a few arbs out there if Nate is seeing trump at 10 and below (although if nates with the bookies I guess Biden might not be wound out enough).
wearthefoxhat

One film I only watched once because of its "horror" content, despite a good cast;

Dustin Hoffman
Laurence Olivier
Roy Scheider
William Devane

The Marathon Man.... :( :o :shock:
decomez6

wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 am
trump will win the court case

voter fraud is reality, the media wants Biden to win, but this guy cannot win any election.

fox news has become a globalist tool case,

I will speak for the teaparty we are onfident. Pennyslavania hearing were explosive, I cannot see how the supreme ourt can uphold these elections.

Trump won on tuesday and while america slept the democrats were busy rigging elections.

are giys buying the hype? the globalists hate trump, they thought they could contain and neutralise him.
he has already won the court of public Opinion ....i have evidence :D
DT can kneel on the` neck` of democracy while he shoots `peaceful` dmostrators on fifth avenue and get away with it!
throwing curve balls while grabbing MacEnany by the kitty , just to deflect your attention from what he is actualy doing. i.e pardoning Michael flyn while the case is till on going....how is rodger stone not in prison?

the Sydney Powell Dominion conspiracy is just one more deflection .she was pulled out of the trump team after casting the net too wide and ended up cattching some of trump`s Minions. her case would need the FBI,CIA,Congress,Senate ,president and both republicans and the democrats to collude and subvert the will of the people.
:lol: :lol:
if the supreme court were to finds the election to be not free and fair , they will declare it null and void and call for a repeat election so backle up! more cheering needed.
jimibt

decomez6 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:51 am
if the supreme court were to finds the election to be not free and fair , they will declare it null and void and call for a repeat election so backle up! more cheering needed.
this hits the nail on the head squarely - the missing puzzle piece from all the uninformed speculation of late from the DT camp!! TY!!
decomez6

jimibt wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:54 pm
decomez6 wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:51 am
this hits the nail on the head squarely - the missing puzzle piece from all the uninformed speculation of late from the DT camp!! TY!!
The DT camp is great for business , liquidity and edges galore :)
Trader Pat

Betfair confirming that they will likely settle the market after the EC votes on December 14th

https://betting.betfair.com/politics/us ... 0-204.html
jamesedwards

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 pm
Betfair confirming that they will likely settle the market after the EC votes on December 14th

Explains the interest on Trump and Harris since the vote then. If Biden was to die before 14th it's possible the EC could agree to vote for Harris in his place. Also it's possible Trump could get to the EC and overturn their voting.
greenmark

jamesedwards wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 10:56 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 5:54 pm

Explains the interest on Trump and Harris since the vote then. If Biden was to die before 14th it's possible the EC could agree to vote for Harris in his place. Also it's possible Trump could get to the EC and overturn their voting.
Given that the President elect has access to the very best medical expertise, I doubt that him dropping dead is remotely likely. So you're premise holds no water, unless you are suggesting he might be assasinated. And in terms of this market that would change things. In terms of who rules the US for the next few years it would change zip.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”