US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archery1969

One of those Interesting but useless stats.

42% of American citizens hold a passport.
76% of British citizens hold a passport.

I remember watching a BBC documentary once where they asked a waitress where the UK was. She didn't know. They said in Europe, she replied, where's that ? :lol:
Trader Pat

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 2:51 am
I assume the point there is that Trump is like Frankenstein's monster.

It was more a reference to the thread itself :D

I'm done giving opinions on Trump, I mean what more can you say really?

I've had a gut full of American politics (until the next market comes along) :D . You mention the Superbowl, on social media Tom Brady is being congratulated and criticised in equal measure just because he once endorsed Trump and played golf with him. What sort of way is that to live your life that everything is seen through the prism of Donald Trump?

What actually bugs me about the Superbowl is how they call themselves world champions :lol:
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Mon Feb 08, 2021 1:33 pm
...on social media Tom Brady is being congratulated and criticised in equal measure just because he once endorsed Trump and played golf with him. What sort of way is that to live your life that everything is seen through the prism of Donald Trump?
It's almost like admitting to being a devil worshiper. :)
Derek27

Careful what you wish for! Trump's lawyer argues the criminal justice system would be more appropriate than impeachment. :D
Derek27

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: I just googled "why does trump's lawyer hold his head when drinking". No answers but others are asking the same question. :lol: :lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBJHxWGH2EY
Derek27

I've found the answer. Never heard that one before. :?

https://www.israelnationalnews.com/News ... spx/296557
Derek27

Trump could face three years in prison. :D

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... arges.html
Realrocknrolla

Trump 2024

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Archery1969

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 8:52 pm
Trump 2024

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
Dont tell Derek, he wont be happy.
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 12, 2021 3:54 am
Trump could face three years in prison. :D

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/202 ... arges.html
Edit: Trump could face 4 years as future President ;)
Derek27

Mitch McConnell (flipping hypocrite) suggested Trump could face charges in a criminal court. Biden will have the electric chair ready before he leaves office. :D

Never any chance of conviction but the managers did a good presentation and spoke with emotion and annimation in stark contrast to Trump's dopey lawyer - I wasn't sure if he was drunk or normally presents like that!
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:36 pm
Mitch McConnell (flipping hypocrite) suggested Trump could face charges in a criminal court. Biden will have the electric chair ready before he leaves office. :D

Never any chance of conviction but the managers did a good presentation and spoke with emotion and annimation in stark contrast to Trump's dopey lawyer - I wasn't sure if he was drunk or normally presents like that!
:lol:
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 9:36 pm

Trump's had to make do with a personal injury lawyer because nobody else wanted to represent him :lol:

I was wrong about the Senate trial I thought a simple majority is enough to ban Trump from holding office again but that only goes to a vote if he's convicted first so he's free to run again in 4 years.

I think the best thing that could happen for American politics is if he DOES run again and gets beaten in the Republican primary. That would be a clear mandate from his own party that they don't want him anymore. Ted Cruz is definitely going to run in 2022 but he would have to unglue himself from Trump's ass and run against him if that were to happen so that would be interesting to see in itself and if Trump lost and tried to claim the vote was rigged he'd be accusing the Republican party itself of cheating.

Absolute scenes! :D
Trader Pat

Nancy Pelosi like the old man who turns up to the Karaoke every week to sing My Way

Get off the stage!
superfrank

No charges for the still unnamed police officer who shot dead an unarmed woman inside the Capitol. Whitewash.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”