US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:43 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:17 pm
The entertainment continues. Four years ago he said he's going to make America great again. Now he's out of office and his campaign is now just beginning. :lol: :lol:
He still has huge support though. The next 4 years will be interesting across the West, as many countries will suffer horrendous recessions and the sitting governments will be punished at the polls. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Democrats only lasting 1 term
Yes, if Trump gets a short sentence he could be out of prison to run again. :D
He won't go to prison though. It will start more riots as all the Trump supporting patriots will seek revenge
It would be a terrible move and Biden would be ill-judged to let it happen, as he was adamant he wanted to unite America. Imprisoning Trump would be a terrible ill-advised move
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm

He still has huge support though. The next 4 years will be interesting across the West, as many countries will suffer horrendous recessions and the sitting governments will be punished at the polls. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Democrats only lasting 1 term
He won't go to prison though. It will start more riots as all the Trump supporting patriots will seek revenge
It would be a terrible move and Biden would be ill-judged to let it happen, as he was adamant he wanted to unite America. Imprisoning Trump would be a terrible ill-advised move
Biden doesn't have the power to stop it if the state of Georgia or any other state decides to prosecute. There are as many people who want him banged up as people who don't and there's no shortage of evidence of wrongdoing. Dominion ain't short of a few bob, had their reputation ruined and although it's a civil matter that will do for starters. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Biden doesn't have the power to stop it if the state of Georgia or any other state decides to prosecute. There are as many people who want him banged up as people who don't and there's no shortage of evidence of wrongdoing. Dominion ain't short of a few bob, had their reputation ruined and although it's a civil matter that will do for starters. :D
IF he was prosecuted, found guilty and sent to prison then I would expect Biden would have no choice but to pardon him. He would hate doing it but be advised he has no choice IF he wants to put the past behind and unite America. The USA is rather unique in one way because private citizens have access to a vast array of guns and explosives. It wouldn't take many deranged Trump supporters to start murdering on a massive scale.
LeTiss

Which is my point completely. I think Derek is allowing his personal dislike of Trump to get in the way of reality
Trader Pat

Like a fart in a lift this thread just refuses to go away
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm
LeTiss wrote:

IF he was prosecuted, found guilty and sent to prison then I would expect Biden would have no choice but to pardon him. He would hate doing it but be advised he has no choice IF he wants to put the past behind and unite America. The USA is rather unique in one way because private citizens have access to a vast array of guns and explosives. It wouldn't take many deranged Trump supporters to start murdering on a massive scale.
Presidential pardons are only effective for federal prosecutions, they don't protect you from state prosecutions. Biden doesn't have to be involved if a state decides to prosecute. You can't let somebody get away with murder just because he's well liked and Trump's support is beginning to dwindle as people realise they've been conned. Banging up the Capitol Hill rioters and allowing the organiser to walk scot-free isn't ideal either.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 pm
If/when the time comes I'll start a new thread, "Trump in the dock". :D
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:33 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:21 pm
If/when the time comes I'll start a new thread, "Trump in the dock". :D
When somebody starts a US Presidential Election 2024 thread we'll have to have some kind of ceremony for this one :)
Archery1969

I dont know, just a question, doesn't the Florida state governer have to give permission for Trump to be extradited to New York or Georgia to face any charges brought in those states ? :roll:

Think I am right in saying that Trump has something on Ron DeSantis.

Also, there has been talk that if it looks very likely that one or more states will bring a prosecution that Trump will resettle in Russia or Israel where he has assets and those countries are unlikely to extradite him back.
Derek27

I could watch this over and over again. Just as shame he wasn't in it!

https://news.sky.com/story/donald-trump ... r-12220927
Naffman

Didn't really want to create a new 2024 thread as it's ages away but signs are looking good for DeSantis - https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ll-1364905

Unless DT runs or DeSantis somehow loses his gubernational election in '22 then I don't see how he could not be the GOP nominee
Derek27

CNN: Some Trump supporters not only believe he won but his return to power is imminent. :lol:

I can't believe CNN are still covering it!
Lutruwita

I've always thought it ridiculous how people 'support' pollies or political parties as if they were sporting clubs.

My grandfather was a self confessed 'one-eyed Labor man'. He'd even mute the TV if a Liberal (conservative) politican was speaking on the news or in parliament. The hardcore Trump 'supporters' or 'Corbynistas' have the same level of delusion. I suppose it's simpler than way.
Derek27

Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian I think it's time the media ignore him. Just tuned in to Sky News on the hour and they've delayed the usual headlines to show this idiot speaking live, as though he's still president!!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm
Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian I think it's time the media ignore him. Just tuned in to Sky News on the hour and they've delayed the usual headlines to show this idiot speaking live, as though he's still president!!
"Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian"
That's funny Derek and I agree accept for the fact the guy scares the crap out of me.
It feels a bit like we're witnessing an embryonic dictatorship. Trump Senior, then Junior (who appears more radical than Dad).
It mystifies me how toxic US politics has become. "land of the free and the home of the brave". It's all there, you need no greater motivation. These are superb ideals. Do those ideals include storming the (undefended) seats of power in "defence" of one individual?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”