US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:35 pm
It's not about Republican or Democrat, it never has been, it's about the military complex & the corporate complex... Trumps backers are the military complex, politicians backers are the lobbyists, I.e the corporate complex. The people don't matter.

If any of that were true and the people didn't matter he would have been re-elected.

His appeal to most Republicans was exaggerated , he's the only president since records began that never had an approval rating above 50% at any time during his tenure.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:35 pm
It's not about Republican or Democrat, it never has been, it's about the military complex & the corporate complex... Trumps backers are the military complex, politicians backers are the lobbyists, I.e the corporate complex. The people don't matter.

If any of that were true and the people didn't matter he would have been re-elected.

His appeal to most Republicans was exaggerated , he's the only president since records began that never had an approval rating above 50% at any time during his tenure.
Not necessarily, the corporate complex controls the narrative, it also has the power to manipulate what people see & suppress what people say (censorship is not a conspiracy).. it's pretty clear imo, look who is taking who's side.

Flipping that coin, look at Trumps main interests, rebuilding the military, SpaceForce... and of course the bail out of one of Americas most influential military companies... Boeing.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:58 pm
Not necessarily, the corporate complex controls the narrative, it also has the power to manipulate what people see & suppress what people say (censorship is not a conspiracy)..
You've heard of Fox News right? Fox News has been the most watched news channel in the States every year for 20 years.

jamesg46 wrote:
Flipping that coin, look at Trumps main interests, rebuilding the military, SpaceForce... and of course the bail out of one of Americas most influential military companies... Boeing.
Saying he'd rebuild the military was just a way to get the average American's attention just like building the wall. You think somebody who dodged the draft cares about the average grunt? As for supporting the Boeing bailout any president would have done that, they're one of America's biggest military contractors.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:15 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Not necessarily, the corporate complex controls the narrative, it also has the power to manipulate what people see & suppress what people say (censorship is not a conspiracy)..
You've heard of Fox News right? Fox News has been the most watched news channel in the States every year for 20 years.

jamesg46 wrote:
Saying he'd rebuild the military was just a way to get the average American's attention just like building the wall. You think somebody who dodged the draft cares about the average grunt? As for supporting the Boeing bailout any president would have done that, they're one of America's biggest military contractors.
I posted this in stuff to watch but with a purpose of meaning for this thread.

https://youtu.be/5nTx_Pi1x9Q
Derek27

Biden's discipline regime already under the spotlight for not immediately firing a press secretary for threatening a reporter. That privilege was reserved for Kayleigh. :)
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:59 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

jamesg46 wrote:

What a tit - lost £10K on a madman winning the US election and expects people to listen to him talk finances. :lol:
jamesg46

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:34 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 11:59 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

What a tit - lost £10K on a madman winning the US election and expects people to listen to him talk finances. :lol:
The point of the video wasn't the advert at the beginning :lol: made me chuckle that the advert got more of a response from you than the actual documentary (head space rent free joke comes to mind). I don't listen to Farage for financial advise, but he seems to be doing alright for himself & considering he's a millionaire I doubt a 10k bet will have him losing any sleep.... that's almost as nonsensical as saying we shouldn't listen to advise from professional traders because they lose 20% of the time... but without considering the loss is relative to either net worth or past/future gains.
Realrocknrolla

I am literally dying 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

https://youtu.be/Slm5bvO-_5I
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:06 am

Give the guy a break, he grew up with a stammer, or stutter as they prefer to call it. ;)
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 11:58 am
Realrocknrolla wrote:

Give the guy a break, he grew up with a stammer, or stutter as they prefer to call it. ;)
😂😂😂 Kinda makes me think 💭. People didn’t know who they were voting for, or the majority. Just that they were voting against Trump.
beermonsterman

It seems anyone but Trump amazes me I didn't even know who Biden was until elected not that I follow American politics much but I thought Trump was doing a decent job
Derek27

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Realrocknrolla wrote:

😂😂😂 Kinda makes me think 💭. People didn’t know who they were voting for, or the majority. Just that they were voting against Trump.
He was vice president for 8 years, well measured and clearly has a heart. I'm pretty sure people knew who they were voting for. But or right in that most people who voted for him would have voted for me, if I was running against Trump. :D
Derek27

beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm
It seems anyone but Trump amazes me I didn't even know who Biden was until elected not that I follow American politics much but I thought Trump was doing a decent job
You could have watched the presidential debate and still not know who Biden was - he barely had a part. ;)
Realrocknrolla

beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:49 pm
I think he was until the Pandemic 😷 hit mate.

You can pick holes in anything, and the media crucified Trump and he said some bang ya head against the wall things. Plus Republicans are never favoured by the lamestream media. Look at the history of Republican POTUS.
Last edited by Realrocknrolla on Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:58 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 12:09 pm
Derek27 wrote:

He was vice president for 8 years, well measured and clearly has a heart. I'm pretty sure people knew who they were voting for. But or right in that most people who voted for him would have voted for me, if I was running against Trump. :D
I definitely would of voted for you. 😂😂

Your comments in the forum are great. A kinda between Democrat and Republican kinda guy. On the fence. 🙂 I may be wrong.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”