US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

I don't really think the debate is around Trump organising the riots, it's more encouraging them and even as they happened just stoking them further. Rudy told the protestors on the day to go into combat if necessary.

Still fresh in my memory is how he said nothing as the attack was underway then released a statement via his iPhone about how the election was stolen and the fight continues. That was when a lot of people realised he was happy to sink to any level to retain power.
LeTiss

There's an element of hypocrisy here though from the Democrats. A few months back, they were encouraging BLM to burn down cities
Euler

Not sure I've heard of politicians being self-serving and hypocritical before? :lol:
superfrank

LeTiss wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 10:37 am
There's an element of hypocrisy here though from the Democrats. A few months back, they were encouraging BLM to burn down cities
+1

The Democrats tried to remove him from office using fair means or foul from the minute he was elected (which is probably why so many believed in the possibility of election fraud this time).

Remember it was the Russians that rigged the 2016 election (and Brexit!).
silkysoph

Where did you park your spaceship!? :D
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Was that Demo politicians encouraging protestors to burn down cities?
Naffman

superfrank wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:15 am
LeTiss wrote:
+1

The Democrats tried to remove him from office using fair means or foul from the minute he was elected (which is probably why so many believed in the possibility of election fraud this time).

Remember it was the Russians that rigged the 2016 election (and Brexit!).
'I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard'

Yes he shouldn't have held a rally, yes he should've conceded and the GOP would've most likely held onto the senate, yes Guiliani was way out of line, but does that make Trump's actions criminal?

The media now have the confidence that they can bash someone for 4 years and get the result they want and they're still screaming for impeachment with less than 2 weeks left.

You'd have thought with Biden due to be President and his rhetoric being 'let's unite as one country' that he'd want to move on and quickly forget Trump but I think we've learnt that the left are so obsessed.
superfrank

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:38 am
You'd have thought with Biden due to be President and his rhetoric being 'let's unite as one country' that he'd want to move on and quickly forget Trump but I think we've learnt that the left are so obsessed.
This was Biden speaking the other day:

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden
https://twitter.com/Transition46/status ... 3200990209

Unity. lol.
jimibt

superfrank wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:46 am
Naffman wrote:

"Our priority will be Black, Latino, Asian, and Native American owned small businesses, women-owned businesses, and finally having equal access to resources needed to reopen and rebuild." — President-elect Biden

Unity. lol.
frank - you forgot to actually watch the video on that tweet. it explains in detail what the headline means. we're all guilty of this at times i guess, grabbing the byline and presenting it as the entirety...
Naffman

superfrank wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Unity. lol.
The hypocrisy is so scary, just now Pelosi said 'no one is above the law' - yeah what about when you helped impose California's strict covid policy but then was seen without a mask in a salon!

People are just sick of these politicians/celebrities which is what draws people to Trump.
superfrank

jimibt wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:49 am
frank - you forgot to actually watch the video on that tweet. it explains in detail what the headline means. we're all guilty of this at times i guess, grabbing the byline and presenting it as the entirety...
No I didn't, and I just watched it all again. Why didn't he simply say "small businesses"? Why the need to essentially say, "small businesses except those owned by white men"?
Archery1969

I think there will be another twist in the story before 20th Jan.

Not sure I would want to be a Democrate in these times. The clinton home has been regularly targeted. Only a matter of time before something serious happens to someone.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
My immediate fear after that speech was that he might pardon Trump, like I think Ford did for Nixon. But Trump then took his mischief to a new level by not deterring rioters that he knew were largely under his command and Biden had to make a public statement and call on Trump to take action. The situation's entirely changed from when Biden made his victory speech.

Never mind impeachment, the Democrats need to get Trump banged up and then start uniting the country. :D
Derek27

superfrank wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Unity. lol.
Anything wrong with that quote? You might be reading the comma after "women-owned businesses" as a full stop?
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 11:56 am
superfrank wrote:
Naffman wrote:

Unity. lol.
The hypocrisy is so scary, just now Pelosi said 'no one is above the law' - yeah what about when you helped impose California's strict covid policy but then was seen without a mask in a salon!

People are just sick of these politicians/celebrities which is what draws people to Trump.
Good point! Not wearing a mask is just as bad as starting a riot that leads to deaths or defrauding an entire nation to become president for another four years. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”