US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Didn't really want to create a new 2024 thread as it's ages away but signs are looking good for DeSantis - https://www.politico.com/states/florida ... ll-1364905

Unless DT runs or DeSantis somehow loses his gubernational election in '22 then I don't see how he could not be the GOP nominee
Derek27

CNN: Some Trump supporters not only believe he won but his return to power is imminent. :lol:

I can't believe CNN are still covering it!
Lutruwita

I've always thought it ridiculous how people 'support' pollies or political parties as if they were sporting clubs.

My grandfather was a self confessed 'one-eyed Labor man'. He'd even mute the TV if a Liberal (conservative) politican was speaking on the news or in parliament. The hardcore Trump 'supporters' or 'Corbynistas' have the same level of delusion. I suppose it's simpler than way.
Derek27

Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian I think it's time the media ignore him. Just tuned in to Sky News on the hour and they've delayed the usual headlines to show this idiot speaking live, as though he's still president!!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 28, 2021 10:04 pm
Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian I think it's time the media ignore him. Just tuned in to Sky News on the hour and they've delayed the usual headlines to show this idiot speaking live, as though he's still president!!
"Although Donald Trump is my favourite comedian"
That's funny Derek and I agree accept for the fact the guy scares the crap out of me.
It feels a bit like we're witnessing an embryonic dictatorship. Trump Senior, then Junior (who appears more radical than Dad).
It mystifies me how toxic US politics has become. "land of the free and the home of the brave". It's all there, you need no greater motivation. These are superb ideals. Do those ideals include storming the (undefended) seats of power in "defence" of one individual?
Derek27

I think he and the bunch of wallies at the rally have forgotten he's no longer president. :lol:

I'm doing my end of month accounts. It's been a pretty poor month so it's comforting to have a big loser talking in the background. :D

Return to “Political betting & arguing”