US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:41 am
Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 9:23 am
Trump would appear to be totally off his rocker. I"ve seen better conspiracy theories.
He is barmy, but as the saying goes

Theres no smoke without fire!
There actually can be smoke without fire
Trader Pat

I don't think Trump is losing his marbles I think he's laying the foundations for when and if he pardons himself and everyone around him.

He's been saying for months now that everything is rigged and everything is fixed so when he pardons himself and is asked "Why would an innocent man pardon himself?" he can say "Everything is rigged and everything is fixed so I'm protecting myself and my family against fake news and hoax charges"

For me he's got something to hide and this is just another way to insulate himself against what's coming
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm
I don't think Trump is losing his marbles...
...he lost them a long time ago. :)
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 3:35 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Dec 03, 2020 12:13 pm
I don't think Trump is losing his marbles...
...he lost them a long time ago. :)
Fair point! :)
knightwire2

thought id drop a few thought on this election, and Bidens ankle in particular.

1. interesting how Biden, a 78 year old, was pictured standing unaided on his 'booted up' foot, following a supposed sprained ankle. If i remember correctly, Senator John McCain also had one of these, where his leg was so bad he accidentally put it on the wrong leg!

If i were 78, with wafer-thin legs, and had sprained my ankle so bad i needed a boot, i wouldnt be able to support my whole body weight on that leg, whilst stepping up from the road to the pavement, whilst showing absolutely no sign of discomfort. My thoughts are that that boot conceals a bracelet tag, which would make sense if he has been arrested in connection with the stuff on his son's laptop, or indeed the election itself. An interesting theory, and pure speculation obviously!

2. Trump seems remarkably cool for someone who is apparently about to lose the biggest USA election ever, in what is, in my mind at least, clearly a communist coup d'etat

3. putting Amy Cohen Barrett in the Supreme Court a few weeks before the election could be a top strategic move if he knew in advance that the democrats would attempt to cheat. After all, it will most likely end up in the Supreme Court, in my view.

For those reasons, and many more, laying Biden at 1.04 ish is where most of my money is at

Well, those are my thoughts anyway :-)

Good luck all.
jamesg46

Nothing like a fresh daily round of Twitter. Clicking on this will be like opening the door to a pub full of shouting drunks.

This addiction is one of the reasons I tried to leave it.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

knightwire2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:18 am

1. interesting how Biden, a 78 year old, was pictured standing unaided on his 'booted up' foot, following a supposed sprained ankle. If i remember correctly, Senator John McCain also had one of these, where his leg was so bad he accidentally put it on the wrong leg!

If i were 78, with wafer-thin legs, and had sprained my ankle so bad i needed a boot, i wouldnt be able to support my whole body weight on that leg, whilst stepping up from the road to the pavement, whilst showing absolutely no sign of discomfort. My thoughts are that that boot conceals a bracelet tag, which would make sense if he has been arrested in connection with the stuff on his son's laptop, or indeed the election itself. An interesting theory, and pure speculation obviously!

2. Trump seems remarkably cool for someone who is apparently about to lose the biggest USA election ever, in what is, in my mind at least, clearly a communist coup d'etat

3. putting Amy Cohen Barrett in the Supreme Court a few weeks before the election could be a top strategic move if he knew in advance that the democrats would attempt to cheat. After all, it will most likely end up in the Supreme Court, in my view.

For those reasons, and many more, laying Biden at 1.04 ish is where most of my money is at

Good luck all.

You missed out the bit about alien reptilians.
verance

knightwire2 wrote:

Good luck all.
Always interesting to hear from people on the other side of a trade. :lol:
Derek27

knightwire2 wrote:

Good luck all.
So, nobody including the news channels noticed Joe Biden being arrested, taken down the station and then to court - and they need to put a tag on him to stop him from running away. :lol:
jamesg46

knightwire2 wrote:

Good luck all.
I have wondered myself how or if it is possible for Biden to get the National Security clearance level needed to be President whilst there is an active investigation by the FBI into the dealings in Ukraine (assuming that is still active)

They tried to impeach Trump over the Russia hoax so there must be some internal security issues going on.

I'm not sure about the whole ankle bracelet thing but I do love a good out there theory that seems unimaginable. I'm not about to put my money down on this theory but it makes for a provocative read & some equally provocative responses which I like.
Euler

The ankle tag is clearly a red herring because a shape shifting reptilian would have no problem sliding that off.
jamesg46

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:09 pm
The ankle tag is clearly a red herring because a shape shifting reptilian would have no problem sliding that off.
Its simple anyway, you cant tag someone who holds the all seeing eye... they would see you coming. That's where it was flawed for me.
knightwire2

in my humble opinion, the news channels wont cover this because, in case anybody hadnt noticed, they are financially very much on Team Biden. Main stream media have been knocking trump since day 1. But just about everything they have said about him has been proven wrong. Id give a lot more of my opinions but my lay money on Biden is looking sooo good at 1.03 that id rather not! :D

Thanks to all those on the other side! lol
jimibt

knightwire2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm
in my humble opinion, the news channels wont cover this because, in case anybody hadnt noticed, they are financially very much on Team Biden. Main stream media have been knocking trump since day 1. But just about everything they have said about him has been proven wrong. Id give a lot more of my opinions but my lay money on Biden is looking sooo good at 1.03 that id rather not! :D

worth noting one of the avenues that madman mr T may take to exit his perils (maybe :D):

M’Naghten Insanity Defense
The M’Naghten insanity defense, also called the right-wrong test, is the most common insanity defense in the United States. It is also the oldest and was created in England in 1843. The defense is named after Daniel M’Naghten. M’Naghten was under the paranoid delusion that the Prime Minister of England, Sir Robert Peel, was trying to kill him. When he tried to shoot Sir Peel from behind, he inadvertently shot Sir Peel’s Secretary, Edward Drummond, who thereafter died. M’Naghten was put on trial for murder and, to the shock of the nation, the jury found him not guilty by reason of insanity (Queen v. M’Naghten, 2010). After a public outcry at this verdict, the British House of Lords developed a test for insanity that remains relatively intact today.

The M’Naghten insanity defense is cognitive and focuses on the defendant’s awareness, rather than the ability to control conduct. The defense requires two elements. First, the defendant must be suffering from a mental defect at the time he or she commits the criminal act. The mental defect can be called a “defect of reason” or a “disease of the mind,” depending on the jurisdiction (Iowa Code, 2010). Second, the trier of fact must find that because of the mental defect, the defendant did not know either the nature and quality of the criminal act or that the act was wrong.
Trader Pat

knightwire2 wrote:
Fri Dec 04, 2020 1:08 pm

And when its all over and Biden has his feet up in the Oval Office I'm sure you'll never be heard from again like a fart in the wind

Return to “Political betting & arguing”