US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
megarain

The 'c' on your keyboard is sticky
Jukebox

jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:44 am
wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 am
trump will win the court case

voter fraud is reality, the media wants Biden to win, but this guy cannot win any election.

fox news has become a globalist tool case,

I will speak for the teaparty we are onfident. Pennyslavania hearing were explosive, I cannot see how the supreme ourt can uphold these elections.

Trump won on tuesday and while america slept the democrats were busy rigging elections.

are giys buying the hype? the globalists hate trump, they thought they could contain and neutralise him.
against my better judgement, i'm not going to make ANY comment on the above... so tempting tho! :twisted:
But you just did.
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:50 am
jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:44 am
wabash wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 11:40 am
trump will win the court case

voter fraud is reality, the media wants Biden to win, but this guy cannot win any election.

fox news has become a globalist tool case,

I will speak for the teaparty we are onfident. Pennyslavania hearing were explosive, I cannot see how the supreme ourt can uphold these elections.

Trump won on tuesday and while america slept the democrats were busy rigging elections.

are giys buying the hype? the globalists hate trump, they thought they could contain and neutralise him.
against my better judgement, i'm not going to make ANY comment on the above... so tempting tho! :twisted:
But you just did.
did i?? -oh yes (even i'm lost in my own irony these days) :D
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:54 am
jameegray1 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:34 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 am
Anyone confused over that move?

My theory (for what it's worth) is, the market is full of people who don't fully understand the complexity of the US Electoral system (me included) & are placing their bets with a conformation bias they're getting from 2 min biased news segments (works both ways.) Hardly anyone can be arsed to watch anything longer than a Tik Tok video.

I'm not saying Biden won't win (pom pom insurance) but I've always thought there is a bias in the market, left msm is way bigger than right.
Probably not a coincidence that the explosion in SM alongside the shift in MSM priority (clicks over facts) has coincided with the run of unexpected election/referendum results. The public are far more right-wing than media would have us believe.
Yes, I agree. The problem that "we the people" face imo is the tribalism that exists within the "free and fair press" & also big tech, clicks over facts is good business it seems, but imo it's the cause of the bitterness within the devide.

Got to laugh a little "free & fair press" that is bought for the interests of feeding the narrative... rumours of Trump buying OAM and Bezos wanting to buy CNN suggests its anything but free and fair.

Of course you can make the argument that sections of the media are biased but you can't blame the media for people being idiots. Most people are either too stupid or lazy to question what they're told or just want to listen to a point of view that matches their own. It's how everything works from politics and religion to what programs you watch on TV to what sports team you support. Its how people are wired and unfortunately it will only get worse, especially in the age of social media.
Derek27

megarain wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:14 am
https://www.docdroid.com/e3rhDCz/compla ... 252020-pdf

Georgia filing.

This might run a while - 1.07/8
That's a long and complex legal document. Must be in with a squeak there. ;)
Derek27

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:21 am
Anyone confused over that move?

My theory (for what it's worth) is, the market is full of people who don't fully understand the complexity of the US Electoral system (me included) & are placing their bets with a conformation bias they're getting from 2 min biased news segments (works both ways.) Hardly anyone can be arsed to watch anything longer than a Tik Tok video.

I'm not saying Biden won't win (pom pom insurance) but I've always thought there is a bias in the market, left msm is way bigger than right.
You've probably hit the nail on the head there. In my eyes Biden's jumped the last, he's ten lengths clear and a few yards form the finishing line. If it was a horse race he'd be layable at 1.01.
Derek27

sionascaig wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:29 am
Its all a bit bizarre - the lawsuit effectively says you can't trust the automated system as some Johnny Foreigners have been involved in the design however the "hand recount" matches the automated count so looks like it will be thrown out for lack of evidence..
The computer system employed in any election is nothing more than a tool to assist the vote count. We've have a few people on here who have lost money and blamed Bet Angel for their losses. Likewise, the Republicans out of sheer desparation and inability to accept that they've lost will turn to anything they can find to account for their losses. :)
Jukebox

jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:04 pm
A bit like Ron Atkinson:

"I never comment on referees - and I won't break the habit of a lifetime for that prat!"
Derek27

What really tickles me about the disgruntled Republicans is that despite losing the election by a lot, they're not content with claiming that they should have won, the latest tweet on Trump's Twitter (not by Trump) is that it was a "historic landslide". :lol:
jimibt

Jukebox wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:49 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:04 pm
A bit like Ron Atkinson:

"I never comment on referees - and I won't break the habit of a lifetime for that prat!"
:lol: :lol:
Zenyatta

Well, the price moves on this market have all been utterly preposterous from start to finish. To have Trump coming all the way back in to 13s at this stage is just ludicrous.

This market really proves that human stupidity is infinite.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 12:08 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:54 am
jameegray1 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 10:34 am

Probably not a coincidence that the explosion in SM alongside the shift in MSM priority (clicks over facts) has coincided with the run of unexpected election/referendum results. The public are far more right-wing than media would have us believe.
Yes, I agree. The problem that "we the people" face imo is the tribalism that exists within the "free and fair press" & also big tech, clicks over facts is good business it seems, but imo it's the cause of the bitterness within the devide.

Got to laugh a little "free & fair press" that is bought for the interests of feeding the narrative... rumours of Trump buying OAM and Bezos wanting to buy CNN suggests its anything but free and fair.

Of course you can make the argument that sections of the media are biased but you can't blame the media for people being idiots. Most people are either too stupid or lazy to question what they're told or just want to listen to a point of view that matches their own. It's how everything works from politics and religion to what programs you watch on TV to what sports team you support. Its how people are wired and unfortunately it will only get worse, especially in the age of social media.
I get confirmation bias, but so do the media, which I believe they're fully at fault for exploiting... imo they have a responsibility not to purposely or willingly miss lead the general public on such devisive issues, a game of footie is quickly forgotten but politics and religion is a serious business, its how wars happen. We only have to look at Nick Sandmann to find a serious case of narrative manipulation being engraved into belief systems.. they were fully prepared to destroy that young man's life for the purpose of creating a racist narrative, to devide political opinion with a 2 min edited bait video. Don't get me wrong, this is happening on both sides of the spectrum, it was just that this is the most recent high profile case I could think of that msm exploited for political purposes. How anyone can find msm creditable after all the scandals over the years is beyond me, I'd rather listen to my dog.

And we probably won't agree but yes I can blame the media for people being "lazy" and or "stupid" - these are global news networks, the responsibility I believe is with the networks, not the people that trust them.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:16 pm
And we probably won't agree but yes I can blame the media for people being "lazy" and or "stupid" - these are global news networks, the responsibility I believe is with the networks, not the people that trust them.

I definitely agree with you that the media contribute towards people being lazy or stupid but you can't put all the blame on them. People have to take responsibility for how they choose to interpret information. In some cases people just don't know any better and that's one thing, but its another thing to willfully ignore information and points of view that don't line up with your own beliefs. As an example during the election cycle I followed CNN and Fox News because every time a story broke you could generally tell how credible it was by comparing how the two reported on it.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 5:13 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Thu Nov 26, 2020 4:16 pm

I definitely agree with you that the media contribute towards people being lazy or stupid but you can't put all the blame on them. People have to take responsibility for how they choose to interpret information. In some cases people just don't know any better and that's one thing, but its another thing to willfully ignore information and points of view that don't line up with your own beliefs. As an example during the election cycle I followed CNN and Fox News because every time a story broke you could generally tell how credible it was by comparing how the two reported on it.
For the record, i wasn't agreeing that people are lazy or stupid for believing msm, I was quoting the descriptions you used in your first reply to me. I would of gone with easily fooled.

I understand your point but I don't agree with it whole heartedly and apparently neither does big tech, that's why we see censorship of content creators, msm is a whole other level though. If we can hold content creators accountable then we should do so on a level playing field.
jamesg46

Another example, people hiding behind free press in disguise as journalists other than msm employees. Tommy Robinson, Nigel Farage, Katie Hopkins.... we want these people held accountable for being devisive but not msm?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”