US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
beermonsterman

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:49 pm
beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Besides offending almost everybody on the planet who wasn't a deluded follower, doing nothing about the pandemic until 100,000 people died and not much more thereafter, separating thousands of innocent Mexican children from their families, hosting several covid parties, encouraging people not to wear face masks and spreading the disease amongst associates as well as catching it himself, pulling out of WHO funding, supporting far-right groups, and of course, starting a riot and going home to watch it on TV, he was doing a brilliant job. :)
The worst thing about politics is the one sided opinions now try listing the good stuff he did then we can continue with this discussion :twisted: or you can blast away at me if you like :lol: :lol:
The good stuff? He hired Kayleigh as his press secretary. :D I believe he strengthened the economy and created jobs (?) but unfortunately that was undone by the covid crisis, which wasn't his fault - he was only guilty of mishandling it.

He encountered and survived more witch-hunts than any president in history and won a second term by a landslide with a record number of imaginary votes, only for them not to count because they were imaginary. :)
Ok very interesting stuff
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
The good stuff?

Don't forget the entertainment value :)
Realrocknrolla

Derek27 wrote:
beermonsterman wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:32 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:21 pm

Besides offending almost everybody on the planet who wasn't a deluded follower, doing nothing about the pandemic until 100,000 people died and not much more thereafter, separating thousands of innocent Mexican children from their families, hosting several covid parties, encouraging people not to wear face masks and spreading the disease amongst associates as well as catching it himself, pulling out of WHO funding, supporting far-right groups, and of course, starting a riot and going home to watch it on TV, he was doing a brilliant job. :)
The worst thing about politics is the one sided opinions now try listing the good stuff he did then we can continue with this discussion :twisted: or you can blast away at me if you like :lol: :lol:
The good stuff? He hired Kayleigh as his press secretary. :D I believe he strengthened the economy and created jobs (?) but unfortunately that was undone by the covid crisis, which wasn't his fault - he was only guilty of mishandling it.

He encountered and survived more witch-hunts than any president in history and won a second term by a landslide with a record number of imaginary votes, only for them not to count because they were imaginary. :)
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

And he said this!
2A3371EE-1BFA-4516-B20F-50086117BEE9.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
beermonsterman

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
The good stuff?

Goes without saying the most entertainment I've seen in the political world
jamesg46

I suppose best thing he did was inadvertently create the biggest ever Betfair market and now we can hopefully look forward to another monster of a market in 2024.

Other good things to note is he didn't start any new wars (how many innocent people have died through endless & needless past wars), cut through red tape allowing pharmaceutical companies & their scientists room to create a record breaking time vaccine, which will end up saving countless lifes. Being part of brokered peace deals in the Middle East. Put more effort than any previous president into trying to end human trafficking & last but not least found a rent free room in Derek's head.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
The good stuff?

Yes, the disinfectant gag was classic, and he kept pushing himself further and raising the bar. :D
Derek27

The entertainment continues. Four years ago he said he's going to make America great again. Now he's out of office and his campaign is now just beginning. :lol: :lol:
Realrocknrolla

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Wed Jan 20, 2021 4:10 pm
Anyone think Dwayne Johnson will run?

https://news.sky.com/story/the-rock-for ... t-12220771

Interesting this... I mentioned it recently!
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Feb 14, 2021 4:17 pm
The entertainment continues. Four years ago he said he's going to make America great again. Now he's out of office and his campaign is now just beginning. :lol: :lol:
He still has huge support though. The next 4 years will be interesting across the West, as many countries will suffer horrendous recessions and the sitting governments will be punished at the polls. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Democrats only lasting 1 term
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:39 pm
Derek27 wrote:
He still has huge support though. The next 4 years will be interesting across the West, as many countries will suffer horrendous recessions and the sitting governments will be punished at the polls. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the Democrats only lasting 1 term
Yes, if Trump gets a short sentence he could be out of prison to run again. :D
LeTiss

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:43 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
He won't go to prison though. It will start more riots as all the Trump supporting patriots will seek revenge
It would be a terrible move and Biden would be ill-judged to let it happen, as he was adamant he wanted to unite America. Imprisoning Trump would be a terrible ill-advised move
Derek27

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
LeTiss wrote:

He won't go to prison though. It will start more riots as all the Trump supporting patriots will seek revenge
It would be a terrible move and Biden would be ill-judged to let it happen, as he was adamant he wanted to unite America. Imprisoning Trump would be a terrible ill-advised move
Biden doesn't have the power to stop it if the state of Georgia or any other state decides to prosecute. There are as many people who want him banged up as people who don't and there's no shortage of evidence of wrongdoing. Dominion ain't short of a few bob, had their reputation ruined and although it's a civil matter that will do for starters. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 8:00 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Wed Feb 17, 2021 7:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Biden doesn't have the power to stop it if the state of Georgia or any other state decides to prosecute. There are as many people who want him banged up as people who don't and there's no shortage of evidence of wrongdoing. Dominion ain't short of a few bob, had their reputation ruined and although it's a civil matter that will do for starters. :D
IF he was prosecuted, found guilty and sent to prison then I would expect Biden would have no choice but to pardon him. He would hate doing it but be advised he has no choice IF he wants to put the past behind and unite America. The USA is rather unique in one way because private citizens have access to a vast array of guns and explosives. It wouldn't take many deranged Trump supporters to start murdering on a massive scale.
LeTiss

Which is my point completely. I think Derek is allowing his personal dislike of Trump to get in the way of reality
Trader Pat

Like a fart in a lift this thread just refuses to go away

Return to “Political betting & arguing”