US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Bad night for Biden and the Dems with even NJ still too close to call, I'd say its a bad night for the Trump-style candidates too as there's no way they'd have won Virginia without a moderate Republican.

What's really encouraging though is the Trump base in the rural counties that shifted right from 16 to 20 turned out in their droves, proving even a moderate can keep those voters as well as win over the women and suburbs, something Trump couldn't do.
gazuty

Naffman wrote:
Wed Nov 03, 2021 5:06 am
Bad night for Biden and the Dems with even NJ still too close to call, I'd say its a bad night for the Trump-style candidates too as there's no way they'd have won Virginia without a moderate Republican.

What's really encouraging though is the Trump base in the rural counties that shifted right from 16 to 20 turned out in their droves, proving even a moderate can keep those voters as well as win over the women and suburbs, something Trump couldn't do.
The centre right political movement lives. :)

One of my good friends is a former leader of a centre left party (here in Australia). Each of the centre right and centre left are forever worried that the electorate is moving away from them and that there is permanent shift. I try to reassure by saying as long as we keep a liberal democracy - the people decide.
Dallas

Biden is having such a bad run at the moment even Zuckerberg and Facebook have flipped and launched a new platform in honour of Trump

Make
Everything
Trump
Again
Realrocknrolla

Dallas wrote:
Fri Nov 05, 2021 11:44 am
Biden is having such a bad run at the moment even Zuckerberg and Facebook have flipped and launched a new platform in honour of Trump

Make
Everything
Trump
Again
😂😂😂
Realrocknrolla

https://youtube.com/shorts/KjI4pXKwrk4?feature=share

I really like Elon Musk. I think he should be President.

If you get the chance to see some of his short YouTube videos they’re good.
jamesedwards

Trump is now clear favourite to win 2024 election, albeit at 4.7. Incredible!

Trump 4.7
Biden 6.0
Harris 9.4
DeSantis 9.6
Trader Pat

jamesedwards wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:08 pm

Trump 4.7
Biden 6.0
Harris 9.4
DeSantis 9.6
He's been around that price for a while now, no surprise really. Low approval rating for Biden; Republicans almost guaranteed to win control of the House and probably the Senate too.

Trump should go much shorter when he announces he's running again and when he gets the Republican nomination I'd expect him to go odds on.
marcusessmith84

I think that Biden will not win the next election. What is happening now, but should continue. I am outraged ...
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:16 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Trump 4.7
Biden 6.0
Harris 9.4
DeSantis 9.6
He's been around that price for a while now, no surprise really. Low approval rating for Biden; Republicans almost guaranteed to win control of the House and probably the Senate too.

Trump should go much shorter when he announces he's running again and when he gets the Republican nomination I'd expect him to go odds on.
It looks like we're in for another bonker market. :D I reckon Trump will get shorter at some point, probably under 3. That's when I'll get involved.
Anbell

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:09 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Dec 05, 2021 5:16 pm
jamesedwards wrote:

Trump 4.7
Biden 6.0
Harris 9.4
DeSantis 9.6

It looks like we're in for another bonker market. :D I reckon Trump will get shorter at some point, probably under 3. That's when I'll get involved.
He's 2.4 to be the nom
Derek27

Anniversary of the Capitol Hill riots. Biden using the opportunity to attack his predecessor, who along with his offspring have been summoned to give evidence in a fraud investigation. :D
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:39 pm
Anniversary of the Capitol Hill riots. Biden using the opportunity to attack his predecessor, who along with his offspring have been summoned to give evidence in a fraud investigation. :D
The Big Wheels in Republicanism have a decision to make. Trump or head a little left and less persona-orientated. I know which way I'd go. But I confess I am anti-trump.
Trader Pat

Worst part for me about this being the 1 year anniversary of Jan 6th is you can't escape it when you turn on tv, whatever the channel.

I already have positions in the 2024 election market so I'm generally keeping up to date with what's going on in the States but for the most part it doesn't involve watching the news or listening to a bunch of talking heads. Today isn't going to effect the market one way or the other, it will just be grandstanding and speechmaking on one side and denial and lunacy on the other.

When election season kicks off proper I'll start to pay more attention to US politics but until then I frankly couldn't give less of a toss.
Euler

I think it will be almost impossible for anything to beat the 2020 campaign!

What an incredible market.
Derek27

Euler wrote:
Thu Jan 06, 2022 7:27 pm
I think it will be almost impossible for anything to beat the 2020 campaign!

What an incredible market.
If Trump runs, anything could happen. I've noticed the market's no longer called "next president" but "election winner". I suspect Betfair will have learned from their mistakes.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”