US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Apr 17, 2023 3:11 pm
Dominion suing Fox News for $1.6 Billion over rigged voting computer fraud. :D
Settlement reached, just as the lawyers were due to make their opening statements, Fox obviously couldn't risk it going public

Rumoured amount $787.5m :shock:
Naffman

That ain't pocket change even for a company as big as Fox, can't imagine Murdoch will be defending Trump for much longer
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 18, 2023 11:22 pm
That ain't pocket change even for a company as big as Fox, can't imagine Murdoch will be defending Trump for much longer
That's a pretty good result, almost half of what they were asking. Fox News were gonna claim they were only reporting a claim but I doubt that would have held with such baseless claims. There must be some responsibility on there part to check the facts and the text messages reported looked quite damming.
Derek27

I've just remembered, wasn't Dominion also persueing Trump and the nutcase lawyer with hairdye running down his face?

Go for it!!! :D
Naffman

Biden to announce re-election campaign next week, now into 1.21 for nominee

Also, into 2.72 for 2024 winner from 2.98, that pretty much makes him a slight outsider against Trump and about a 35% chance against DeSantis
Naffman

Remember there was a segment on MSNBC a couple of weeks ago where they interviewed GOP voters, pretty much all of them said Trump needs to stop attacking DeSantis as it’s turning them off but rather attack Biden and the Democrats, so Trump did pretty much that evening put a TS out supporting DeSantis…but once again the day after till now he’s been relentless in his criticism and has even been praising Newsom and Crist, DeSantis 3/1+ for nomination is an insanely good price
Naffman

Tucker and Fox part ways, I think everyone is sick of defending Trump

Tucker just matched at 32 for GOP nominee from about 900
Derek27

I remember George W. Bush getting pretty stroppy with a reporter that called him sir. Bush said to him, "Who are you talking to?"

Biden allows Sky reporters to call him sir without batting an eyelid. That's sloppy for the most powerful person in the world. They'll be calling him dickhead next. :lol:
firlandsfarm

Biden announces he will 'run'. My understanding is that if the sitting President wants to run for re-election nobody from their party will challenge them, so he's running ... if he lives that long! :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 1:15 am
I remember George W. Bush getting pretty stroppy with a reporter that called him sir. Bush said to him, "Who are you talking to?"

Biden allows Sky reporters to call him sir without batting an eyelid. That's sloppy for the most powerful person in the world. They'll be calling him dickhead next. :lol:
That's says more about Bush and his fragile ego than easy going Joe. But we are talking about a world where cooks expect to be called "Chef...." so maybe we should all have a title Trader Derek? ;)
Naffman

firlandsfarm wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:18 pm
Biden announces he will 'run'. My understanding is that if the sitting President wants to run for re-election nobody from their party will challenge them, so he's running ... if he lives that long! :D
It’s basically a ‘will he survive that long’ market, the DNC are not planning to have any debates so as long as he’s healthy he’ll be the nominee
ShaunWhite

Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:43 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
It’s basically a ‘will he survive that long’ market, the DNC are not planning to have any debates so as long as he’s healthy he’ll be the nominee
People talk about Joe's age but he's only 4yrs older than fat ass burger eating Trump. He seems better at keeping his blood pressure under control too.
Naffman

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:54 pm
Naffman wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 12:43 pm
firlandsfarm wrote:
People talk about Joe's age but he's only 4yrs older than fat ass burger eating Trump. He seems better at keeping his blood pressure under control too.
Exactly, you’d think Trump would be first to bite the dust as Biden has looked relatively healthy his whole life but they’re both definitely getting on.

That’s why if DeSantis is the GOP pick, youth is probably his biggest selling point
Archangel

They have a minimum age limit to be a US President, think its 35.
They should probably have an upper limit also
Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Tue Apr 25, 2023 4:24 pm
They have a minimum age limit to be a US President, think its 35.
They should probably have an upper limit also
You could argue that a 12-year-old and a 100-year-old should be allowed to run. It's up to the voters to decide if they're too young or old. But then again, if they voted in Trump perhaps they need some legal guidance. :lol:

I remember compiling a book with my brother on who would die first between Reagan, Yeltsin, the Queen Mother and the Pope, but Trump v Biden would be an interesting market. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”