US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

Trump will be indicted sometime in the next 30 days. Biden's speech tomorrow is to lay out the pretext. Get ready; this is definitely not priced.
Derek27

Joe Walsh: Trump could get sent to prison and he'd still win the Republican nomination. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:55 pm
Joe Walsh: Trump could get sent to prison and he'd still win the Republican nomination. :)
Joe Walsh now there's a blast from the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_OVTrHQqM
Let's hope Trump gets the time in clink to listen to some music.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 10:56 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Sep 02, 2022 7:55 pm
Joe Walsh now there's a blast from the past.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6O_OVTrHQqM
Let's hope Trump gets the time in clink to listen to some music.
Life certainly has been good to him, he went on to be a congressman. ;)
Derek27

Trump's been found with top secret documents containing details of a foreign government's defence and nuclear capabilities. That certainly narrows it down, it must be a NATO member. If that doesn't get him banged up I don't know what will.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:00 pm
Trump's been found with top secret documents containing details of a foreign government's defence and nuclear capabilities. That certainly narrows it down, it must be a NATO member. If that doesn't get him banged up I don't know what will.
Its the UK. Which makes sense because of the information sharing, there are 3 USA ownded Radar / Listening installations in the UK so that the USA can track world-wide missile launches. It would go without saying that they know our Nuclear capabilitiy, should it be needed.
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:05 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Its the UK. Which makes sense because of the information sharing, there are 3 USA ownded Radar / Listening installations in the UK so that the USA can track world-wide missile launches. It would go without saying that they know our Nuclear capabilitiy, should it be needed.
So does Putin now!
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:21 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:05 pm
Derek27 wrote:
So does Putin now!
Has to be the UK as apart from the USA nobody else on the 5 eyes group has Nukes. The target data changes constantly and is linked to the launch codes, which Truss now has. Putin will of known about it for years probably but not on the specific target related data. If Truss decides to or has to launch then she wont actually know where they all going in realtime. She will have an idea but not on the specifics until she see's / watches the tracking data.
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
With J6, Georgia and the NY tax probe as well it would amaze me if he managed to wiggle his way out of this mess
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
With J6, Georgia and the NY tax probe as well it would amaze me if he managed to wiggle his way out of this mess
I'm more amazed at how his supporters stand with him through thick and thin. There's absolutely nothing he can do that would make his sheep turn away!
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:46 pm
Naffman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 8:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I'm more amazed at how his supporters stand with him through thick and thin. There's absolutely nothing he can do that would make his sheep turn away!
I'm a bit ashamed to say I stuck up for him for far too long, but I'm now well on the other side of the fence (better late than never right?).

I do think it says a lot though how his supporters are pro law enforcement/military/border security but will forgive Trump for treason, I guess for some they feel its too late to swallow their pride so they just double down.
Archery1969

Don't forget that Trump went bankrupt 3 times. 5 banks lost billions of $, 2 of them went bust and are no more. And to make his money again he got another 4 banks to risk millions of $ with no collateral as he didn't have any at the time. Plus he been investigated by the IRS many times over many years and never nailed for anything. Most people in the USA that hide stuff or don't tell the truth to the IRS almost always end up in Jail.

He may well be heading for lock up this time but history shows he can fall in shit, come out smelling roses or even sell sand to the arabs.

I still think he probably has enough secrets on certain people and institutions to be able to do a deal of some kind.

But, we shall see.
ShaunWhite

Naffman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:12 pm
but I'm now well on the other side of the fence (better late than never right?).
That is why you're good at this job. Keeping an open mind and having the strength to change your position if the evidence changes. And having the minerals to say it.

(note to self: we all need to do that whatever side of a debate we start on)
Naffman

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 10:10 pm
Naffman wrote:
Wed Sep 07, 2022 9:12 pm
but I'm now well on the other side of the fence (better late than never right?).
That is why you're good at this job. Keeping an open mind and having the strength to change your position if the evidence changes. And having the minerals to say it.

(note to self: we all need to do that whatever side of a debate we start on)
Definitely Shaun
Emmson

Is there a presumption that Trump had obtained these classified documents on a nuclear power (such as dear old Blighty) in order to feed them onto Russia?

The Mind Absolutely F*cking Boggles!

if that was the case.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”