US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Emerson (rated A-), the pollster that had a shocking midterm season just released a poll showing Trump +4 against Biden, basically saying he’ll win Minnesota with Colorado and Virginia being toss-ups…OK :lol:
Derek27

Injured police officers can sue Trump over Capitol riots. :D
Naffman

Trump is really starting to get an unhealthy obsession with DeSantis now, if DeSantis were to beat him in the primary (which I think he will) then the chances of him starting a write-in campaign or a third-party just to ruin DeSantis’ chances are getting greater
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:28 am
Trump is really starting to get an unhealthy obsession with DeSantis now, if DeSantis were to beat him in the primary (which I think he will) then the chances of him starting a write-in campaign or a third-party just to ruin DeSantis’ chances are getting greater
He'll claim the Primaries were rigged. He might even start a riot between Republicans. :)
Derek27

Trump has been made aware that he could be arrested on Tuesday over "hush money" paid to a woman who claims had an affair with him. :D
Derek27

Trump encouraging his supporters to start another riot, I mean protest. But if all goes well he could suffer the humiliation of not just being arrested but handcuffed and taken away. :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:10 pm
Trump encouraging his supporters to start another riot, I mean protest. But if all goes well he could suffer the humiliation of not just being arrested but handcuffed and taken away. :D
People think this helps his campaign, I don't think it does, he is not in his prime no more and people are getting more and more tired of his drama.

They should've probably started with a better case though, this is easily the least serious he's under suspicion for
Naffman

Musk says if Trump gets arrested he's a certainty for 2024, not a chance, if the election was held tomorrow I'd give Biden a 90% chance
Archangel

Trump would currently be wearing an orange jump suit sitting in a cage if he wasn't a rich ex president
greenmark

Archangel wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:36 pm
Trump would currently be wearing an orange jump suit sitting in a cage if he wasn't a rich ex president
Honestly the advent of Trump has scared me more than any time in my life. I don't understand why he is so popular. He is no statesman. He snuggled up to Putin. Was this a cunning ruse to influence a dictator.Or did he feel he was in the company of equals. Wallowing in undeserved wealth?
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:48 pm
Archangel wrote:
Honestly the advent of Trump has scared me more than any time in my life. I don't understand why he is so popular. He is no statesman. He snuggled up to Putin. Was this a cunning ruse to influence a dictator.Or did he feel he was in the company of equals. Wallowing in undeserved wealth?
The world is full of devil worshipers, people who admire Trump, Putin, that Romanian guy awaiting trial, and worst of all, Buffoon Boris.
Derek27

I keep hearing over and over again, Donald Trump could be arrested on Tuesday. It's music to my ears. :D

They'll have to take him to a secure military base to avoid mass protests and riots around the detention centre. Guantanamo Bay is the most suitable location. :D
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm
I keep hearing over and over again, Donald Trump could be arrested on Tuesday. It's music to my ears. :D

They'll have to take him to a secure military base to avoid mass protests and riots around the detention centre. Guantanamo Bay is the most suitable location. :D
Well I've heard DeSantis used to be a guard there so I bet he wouldn't mind testing a few of his waterboarding techniques out on him :lol:
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:21 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:02 pm

Well I've heard DeSantis used to be a guard there so I bet he wouldn't mind testing a few of his waterboarding techniques out on him :lol:
:lol: :lol: Let's hope it happens. :D
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 5:48 pm
Archangel wrote:
You have to go to the real USA heartlands to understand why, not New York, San Francisco or California where most tourists go. The majority of Trump supports only care about the USA, most don't even have a passport and are not interested in outsiders views about their country, state or town.

Very few of them watch international news, not well educated, hate federal government and will have more than one firearm. Problem is there is still rather allot of them population wise. Don't forget around 60 million voted for Trump last time. Ofcourse not all of those would follow him into a burning building but lets say 10% did, 6 million would be a big problem even in the USA, imagine that many following a mad individual here, Police and Army would be outnumbered 60 to 1.

I agree, scary stuff.

Be interesting to see how the secret service handle him being arrested as he is still protected by them. Authorities try to put handcuffs on him, there is a scuffle, what do the sercret service do in such a situation ? :roll:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”