US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:48 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:40 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 8:25 pm

1.01 banker
Nice to see you turned up to the show.... especially considering you had enough of the last election thread and the forum content in your opinion is low grade.
:lol: That didn't take long!
Derek.. just WHAT have I done?, feel as if I've created a monster
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 10:38 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:54 pm
darchas wrote:
Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:09 pm
Oh my gosh! Not this again!
It's just banter... Pat will be along soon anough, with some of his own, it's obvious he can't help himself.
I really wasn't going to bother James.....

Regarding me having enough of the last election thread, well of course I have you know why? Because the last election is over, and I know that was tough to take for a lot who frequented that thread but its a fact. And judging by the fact the 2020 thread doesn't get much mention these days I'd say everyone on the forum has had enough of it. Speaking of which can I get a Hip Hip Hooray for Korattt For starting the 2024 thread? I can feel the juices flowing again!

I really have to object though to you saying that imo the forum content is low grade, if I thought that I wouldn't bother posting or lurking. I've said many times the content on this forum is second to none whatever your level of experience and skill is. Like I said to you I think on the 2020 thread if you're going to quote me then do it properly. What I did say was that I agreed with another forum member who said in his opinion that the quality input had gone. There is a difference between input and content, content is permanent, input is temporary. And I've seen lots of quality input in the few days since I posted that.

Saying that I can't help myself but to respond is interesting though , wouldn't that make you a massive hypocrite? See paragraph 5....

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22849

As a matter of interest am I to be the next Spreadbetting or TraderFred? Or are you saving that distinction for another forum member? Like the one who you badgered into an apology on the beer garden thread because you don't like their sense of humour? For the record I found it pretty funny, it reminded me of this...

https://youtu.be/By1p_gO9eL4

Now I understand that you cant help yourself as you seem to have a classic passive aggressive personality but if I'm being honest the fact that you keep track of my posts gives me a warm fuzzy feeling in my belly!
I didn't realise you were so sensitive Pat...

But no, I'm not trying to make this or you the next spreadbetting, I actually think very highly of you so I apologise for pushing the banter too far.

I didn't realise I had a passive aggressive personality either, I just generally say what I think, which alot of the time is contrary to popular opinion... maybe I'll take some time to reflect on that comment and see if I can work on that area.

From the numerous past conversations we've had in many topics and the way we've commonly approached each other with a bit of "stick", I didn't see this as any different.

One thing I won't apologise for is giving you that warm fuzzy feeling inside :D
Korattt

James, Pat,

unsure if I should tell you two off for squabbling, (word of the day) or tell you to get a room? :lol:
jamesg46

Korattt wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:40 am
James, Pat,

unsure if I should tell you two off for squabbling, (word of the day) or tell you to get a room? :lol:
We've got one, the 2024 election thread :D
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 am

But no, I'm not trying to make this or you the next spreadbetting, I actually think very highly of you so I apologise for pushing the banter too far.

I didn't realise I had a passive aggressive personality either, I just generally say what I think, which alot of the time is contrary to popular opinion... maybe I'll take some time to reflect on that comment and see if I can work on that area.

From the numerous past conversations we've had in many topics and the way we've commonly approached each other with a bit of "stick", I didn't see this as any different.

I'm not sensitive at all re comments made on a forum James I'm just saying what I see so there's nothing to apologise for. I agree with Emmson this thread will get nasty and toxic at some point and that's to be expected with this particular topic but I don't think either me or you will be part of that.

I learned a lot from the 2020 thread about how I interact with other forum users so I'll be taking a different approach going forward or at least trying to. That's what I was getting at the other day, lots of conversations can end up going nowhere and getting a little silly so I'm going to try and stay on point.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 12:52 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 11:23 am

I'm not sensitive at all re comments made on a forum James I'm just saying what I see so there's nothing to apologise for. I agree with Emmson this thread will get nasty and toxic at some point and that's to be expected with this particular topic but I don't think either me or you will be part of that.

I learned a lot from the 2020 thread about how I interact with other forum users so I'll be taking a different approach going forward or at least trying to. That's what I was getting at the other day, lots of conversations can end up going nowhere and getting a little silly so I'm going to try and stay on point.
Thank goodness for that, I thought you had become fragile & I was going to have to put my handle with care personality on when talking to you. Now I know I'll just have to use my serious personality, or not bother at all.
Trader Pat

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 pm
Thank goodness for that, I thought you had become fragile & I was going to have to put my handle with care personality on when talking to you. Now I know I'll just have to use my serious personality, or not bother at all.

Either of the above is fine by me but no one's asking you to change your persona . We're not children in a playground so if you want to take your ball and play with someone else I'm sure I'll get over it.
jamesg46

Trader Pat wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 3:26 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 1:20 pm

Either of the above is fine by me but no one's asking you to change your persona . We're not children in a playground so if you want to take your ball and play with someone else I'm sure I'll get over it.
Reading that back I don't think I should have put the , there.
Korattt

personally I think Meagain Markle has a great chance
Naffman

Korattt wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:20 pm
Can't imagine many incumbents step aside when they have a chance for re-election so I can see why Harris/Biden are favs, but also interesting to note that Harris' approval rating is quite a bit lower than the President's.

And as I said on the 2020 thread, DeSantis looks a strong contender though the price looks fairly short now, I can't see why Haley and Pence are shorter but I admit Haley would be a good VP pick.
Derek27

Only 44 months to go now. ;) If I remember correctly, several candidates traded below 3.0 last time, and with Betfair effectively banning customers from depositing money once they've withdrawn it I can see this market as a good way of investing funds you're not using.
Korattt

Naffman wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Korattt wrote:
Can't imagine many incumbents step aside when they have a chance for re-election so I can see why Harris/Biden are favs, but also interesting to note that Harris' approval rating is quite a bit lower than the President's.

And as I said on the 2020 thread, DeSantis looks a strong contender though the price looks fairly short now, I can't see why Haley and Pence are shorter but I admit Haley would be a good VP pick.
can see it now POTUS Markle, FGOTUS Harry with VP Oprah Winfrey in tow
rik

Think Tucker Carlson would have great support if he decided to run, very popular with the base.
Naffman

Korattt wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:24 am
Naffman wrote:
Sat Mar 20, 2021 4:42 pm
Korattt wrote:

can see it now POTUS Markle, FGOTUS Harry with VP Oprah Winfrey in tow
Who couldn't vote for that dream team :P
rik wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 10:32 am
Think Tucker Carlson would have great support if he decided to run, very popular with the base.
I just can't see it tbh, and he seems short enough at 50's
Naffman

Biden says he wants to run again in 2024 but his odds remain largely unchanged, it almost tells you what everyone thinks of his mental capability

Return to “Political betting & arguing”