US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

Realrocknrolla wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:04 pm
Got ya... cheers Pat.

Just seen this... he is a lay all day long.

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/stat ... 04354?s=20

I know he said he'd run for a second term but can't see it to be honest. The next few years will be a lot for a man of his age, don't think he needs it at his stage in life.
Realrocknrolla

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:41 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Got ya... cheers Pat.

I know he said he'd run for a second term but can't see it to be honest. The next few years will be a lot for a man of his age, don't think he needs it at his stage in life.
Definitely not... he should be fishing somewhere
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Mar 26, 2021 3:41 pm
Realrocknrolla wrote:
Got ya... cheers Pat.

He said he 'expects to be running in 4 years time. That was a fair enough answer. Deep down inside he probably knows he'll be too or maybe privately it's been decided that Kamala will run, but obviously they can't say that. It was quite daft of the reporter to compare him to DT when asking about preparing for the next election. Biden's busy running the country while all DT cared about was getting reelected.
Derek27

Kamala just stumbled on the single step up to the microphone, before talking about the Derek Chauvin verdict. :lol:
Realrocknrolla

https://www.donaldjtrump.com/desk

For anyone interested.
Derek27

Trump company now under criminal investigation. :D
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 3:27 am
If Trump was found criminally liable that would be fun to watch and good television :D

But looking at it from a what's good for American politics, and a trading perspective it would be bad. I'd like to see him run so he can lose out in the Republican primary, that would quieten the loons if he didn't win the nomination from his own party. And also him running would push out the price of De Santis who is probably the most 'impressive candidate' (I use that term lightly)!
neilb

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:13 pm
If Trump was found criminally liable that would be fun to watch and good television :D

But looking at it from a what's good for American politics, and a trading perspective it would be bad. I'd like to see him run so he can lose out in the Republican primary, that would quieten the loons if he didn't win the nomination from his own party. And also him running would push out the price of De Santis who is probably the most 'impressive candidate' (I use that term lightly)!
A criminal conviction wouldn't necessarily stop him from running, being in jail on the other hand...
Trader Pat

neilb wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:21 pm
A criminal conviction wouldn't necessarily stop him from running, being in jail on the other hand...
Can't see that happening even if he was found guilty of criminal behaviour.

He'd just throw somebody else under the bus and deny all knowledge.
neilb

Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:24 pm

I think if it goes anywhere there'll be quite a queue waiting to throw each other under the bus. :lol:
Trader Pat

neilb wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:55 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:24 pm

I think if it goes anywhere there'll be quite a queue waiting to throw each other under the bus. :lol:
Yep, you would need a very big bus! :D
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Trump is well ahead in the primary polls if he does decide to run, I can't see it as surely someone has got to be telling him you've got no chance at the presidency (now I say that it seems very unlikely someone is) :lol:

Meanwhile DeSantis is on track to outperform Jeb Bush's governors victory back in 2002 when his brother was at the peak of his powers. He is polling strong with college grads and minorities but Biden is also polling well, Harrid on the other hand...
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Trump is well ahead in the primary polls if he does decide to run, I can't see it as surely someone has got to be telling him you've got no chance at the presidency (now I say that it seems very unlikely someone is) :lol:

Meanwhile DeSantis is on track to outperform Jeb Bush's governors victory back in 2002 when his brother was at the peak of his powers. He is polling strong with college grads and minorities but Biden is also polling well, Harrid on the other hand...
Yeah De Santis has a lot of support within the party, it would be fascinating to see him take on Trump in the primaries.
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 2:32 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

He doesn't take any notice of what people tell him. Nothing the American voters do would surprise me. He could even win the Nobel Peace Prize!
Naffman

2024 20.5.21 pres. poll.png
Pretty much shows what I'm seeing, Trump and Cruz have too many haters to win whereas DeSantis doing a lot better with Independents
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”