US Presidential Election 2024

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Trump saying there’s no need for debates and he should just be made nominee.

I think his game is he wants to be made nominee asap so when those damning indictments come in the next month that he thinks it’ll make it easier in challenging them and making it look like it’s politically motivated.

It’s also why he’s trying to force DeSantis out of the race, and another reason why DeSantis is waiting till the end of May to announce as Jack Smith should’ve had indicted Trump by then
Archangel

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:15 am

I think his game is he wants to be made nominee asap so when those damning indictments come in the next month that he thinks it’ll make it easier in challenging them and making it look like it’s politically motivated.

It’s also why he’s trying to force DeSantis out of the race, and another reason why DeSantis is waiting till the end of May to announce as Jack Smith should’ve had indicted Trump by then
If Trump is indicted does that mean he cant run?
Naffman

Archangel wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:35 am
Naffman wrote:

He can still run, I think the only restrictions to bring President are to be over 35 and be a born citizen. But the Jack Smith indictment covers J6, documents, wire fraud from donations so and the trial is likely to start before the end of the year.

Trump will be spending all his resources on that not into actual campaigning, and I can’t imagine being accused of treason will help him as much as the hush money case did
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
He's right. There's no need for debates but DeSantis should be made nominee. :)
Naffman

Jack Smith now after Ted Cruz after hearing tape of his plot to overturn 2020 election, he’s up for re-election for senate next year too.
Craig88

Naffman wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 11:01 am
Archangel wrote:
Wed Apr 26, 2023 10:35 am
Naffman wrote:

He can still run, I think the only restrictions to bring President are to be over 35 and be a born citizen. But the Jack Smith indictment covers J6, documents, wire fraud from donations so and the trial is likely to start before the end of the year.

Trump will be spending all his resources on that not into actual campaigning, and I can’t imagine being accused of treason will help him as much as the hush money case did

I doubt any of these cases will get to trial before the election. Cases can take ages to get to trial in the US especially if they're complex and the lawyers want to delay.
Naffman

Biden back out to 1.25 for nominee, I think there's also a hint of people thinking he's still not really going to run as his approval is in the gutter.

DeSantis at almost 4/1 for GOP nominee, that's a crazily good price.
Naffman

Pence testifying, another indictment isn't far away
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:20 am
He was supporting Trump a few weeks ago, and argued that alleged financial irregularities are no reason to indict a man that gathered a mob to hang him and actually prepared the noose, before attempting to overthrow the government, killing a few police officers in the process. :)
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:34 am
Naffman wrote:
Fri Apr 28, 2023 12:20 am
He was supporting Trump a few weeks ago, and argued that alleged financial irregularities are no reason to indict a man that gathered a mob to hang him and actually prepared the noose, before attempting to overthrow the government, killing a few police officers in the process. :)
He supports him in public like a lot of Republicans, but behind closed doors they all can't wait to see the back of him.
Derek27

Four proud wankers have been convicted for their part in the Capitol Hill riots, one of them not even present on the day. Even less chance of Trump getting away with it now. :D
Archangel

Derek27

Archangel wrote:
Thu May 04, 2023 7:30 pm
Trump is in Ireland playing golf :lol:

https://news.sky.com/video/former-us-pr ... n-12872796
I'll use that excuse if the police are ever after me and bugger off abroad.
Naffman

Smith now investigating Trump’s dealings with the Saudis and LIV
Derek27

Can't remember what price Biden was the last time I looked but he's come into 2.86 with Trump at 3.35.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”