North Shropshire by-election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Emmson

Wonderful to witness, most dishonest & incompetent government in British history receives a bloody nose. :D
Lutruwita

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 1:53 am
:D :D :D You're finished BJ!
Isn't the next election 3 years away? :lol:
Emmson

Aarondewit wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:59 am
Derek27 wrote:
Boris will not make the election - Tory history is littered with them ousting their leader
Lutruwita

Emmson wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 4:21 am
Aarondewit wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Boris will not make the election - Tory history is littered with them ousting their leader
After 1 term?
Emmson

You don't have to go back far Theresa May
PapaShango

So , how all that plays out, is an easy win for Lib Dems.

I lose my money, they gain their seat, and in hindsight, I guess it was pretty obvious, and I should have seen it coming lol

I gotta admit, obviously biased, I didn’t want Lib Dem to win that. In the end, despite the evidence, I didn’t want to believe it.

Though as I said earlier, just because I didn’t agree with what they were doing, it’s not to say it’s not effective. It’s clearly very effective. And it’s just sour grapes on my part. Had I had the green on Lib Dems, I’m sure I’d be calling them by election geniuses and applauding their efforts and tactics.

Have to give the credit where it’s due, so congratulations to Helen Morgan and the Liberal Democrats on a stunning victory.

I have learnt that I clearly know nothing about politics or by elections , and I have also demonstrated that I have a complete lack of understanding of betting markets, and how odds move !

Sour grapes and humble pie for breakfast for me, though despite the losses, I did find that very interesting and it was fun trying to work out who was winning.

An internal investigation will be launched into the canvassing and polling . My useless canvasser was clearly miles off. They will be sacked with immediate effect.

Just hope they sack Boris now too. Been surprisingly little movement in his to go price given that this was supposed to be such a disaster for him. Going to be a lot of disappointed people in north Shropshire if he is still in a job after voting to sack him in the “ should Boris keep his job “ ? referendum !

Politics Schmolotics ! Lol

Final result :

Lib Dem … 17, 957
Cons…. 12, 032

Lib Dem.. 47.2 %
Con.. 31.6
Lab… 9.7
Green..4.6
Reform.. 3.8
UKIP..1
Derek27

Aarondewit wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
I can assure you his new baby daughter won't be the only thing keeping him awake at night. :D A leadership challenge could well be on the cards but personally I hope he leads them into the next election. The man's a walking disaster. :lol:
Crazyskier

Emmson wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 3:45 am
Wonderful to witness, most dishonest & incompetent government in British history receives a bloody nose. :D
Interesting opinion. I happen to think Boris has been magnificent in getting most of our over-populated nation vaccinated in such a short time. The bounce back loan scheme and furlough were also triumphs for our British government.So many other poorer nations would have loved similar schemes.

CS
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:01 am
Emmson wrote:
Interesting opinion. I happen to think Boris has been magnificent in getting most of our over-populated nation vaccinated in such a short time. The bounce back loan scheme and furlough were also triumphs for our British government.So many other poorer nations would have loved similar schemes.

CS
The bounce back loan scheme was certainly a great success to all the fraudsters who benefited from it. We even had someone posting on here who took out a loan for gambling on Betfair. Did you take advantage of it? :lol:
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Emmson wrote:

CS
The bounce back loan scheme was certainly a great success to all the fraudsters who benefited from it. We even had someone posting on here who took out a loan for gambling on Betfair. Did you take advantage of it? :lol:
It was also a 'great success' for those small business owners such as myself that relied upon it for liquidity when our customers were closed during lockdown. And you should know by now that any 'gambles' I take are for lower amounts that I have ''earned'' from my botting activities, and nothing whatsoever to do with business funds.

CS
peachflame

Finally, some good news. Hilariously, some of the libertarians are blaming the defeat on the NI increase
Derek27

Aarondewit wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
:D
Capture.GIF
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:23 am
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:18 am
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
It was also a 'great success' for those small business owners such as myself that relied upon it for liquidity when our customers were closed during lockdown. And you should know by now that any 'gambles' I take are for lower amounts that I have ''earned'' from my botting activities, and nothing whatsoever to do with business funds.

CS
Your business dealings and tax returns are far too complex for me to understand but I had a feeling you'd find a way of taking advantage of the scheme. :)
Euler

It seems the only thing the Lid Dem's are useful for is a protest vote in a mid term election. Seems to ring true whoever is in power.
Archery1969

Euler wrote:
Fri Dec 17, 2021 10:49 am
It seems the only thing the Lid Dem's are useful for is a protest vote in a mid term election. Seems to ring true whoever is in power.
I'm waiting for Ed Davey to pop his head up and say the Lib Dems are going to win the election in 2024. :lol:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”