Next Prime Minister / Tory Party Leader

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Daily Star headline, end of an error. :)

I reckon tomorrow's weather on her first day as PM will define her tenure. :)
Derek27

Daily Record headline: Only 50 Tory MPs voted for you at the start of this leadership contest and less than half of your party backed you at the end but, for some reason, we have all ended up with you as Prime Minister. Even a buffoon like Boris Johnson had a mandate from the British public, which is more than be said for you." :lol:

One good thing about Truss's victory is that that bullying bitch Patel's gone. :D
Derek27

I think a meeting between Truss and Putin should be on the cards. She would bore him to death in an hour.
Derek27

Britain's greatest tit compares himself to a booster rocket that's fulfilled its function. Good analogy, only it was an unguided rocket that's heading back to the UK. He's even trying to take credit for the 40 new hospitals that he never built!
Derek27

Apparently, the first job of a new PM is a security briefing including issuing instructions to nuclear submarine commanders. You better get inside your nuclear bunker and stay there Archery. :)
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 3:10 pm
Apparently, the first job of a new PM is a security briefing including issuing instructions to nuclear submarine commanders. You better get inside your nuclear bunker and stay there Archery. :)
The NI reversal is the most disgusting poitical decision I can remember. When we're trying to find ways to help the most needy she's dumping cash into the pockets of the wealthy, cash that they don't need. It's flipping criminal.
Derek27

I once heard a story about two prisoners who escaped transportation and got on a train, they were handcuffed together. The police were informed and were waiting for them at the next station. When they got off the train they made a run for it, ran on either side of a lampost and both of them broke their arms.

The reason I'm mentioning it on this thread is that Boris and Carrie almost did the same thing as they left No. 10 holding hands. :lol:
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
I’m looking forward to it. Can’t wait for the launch, could watch it on me TV in me bunker. 🤠 I got plenty of food and booze down there for an eternity. 🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 7:40 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I’m looking forward to it. Can’t wait for the launch, could watch it on me TV in me bunker. 🤠 I got plenty of food and booze down there for an eternity. 🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷🍺🍷
I just hope they use Johnson as a rocket booster, finally make use of the hot air that comes out of him.
Derek27

Theresa Coffey's been made health secretary, hardly a picture of health herself!!
Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:39 pm
Theresa Coffey's been made health secretary, hardly a picture of health herself!!
"In July 2012, she then supported the committee’s report, which unanimously recommended that the limit on the number of FOBTs in each betting shop be lifted"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:51 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Sep 06, 2022 8:39 pm
"In July 2012, she then supported the committee’s report, which unanimously recommended that the limit on the number of FOBTs in each betting shop be lifted"
She certainly won't support the sugar tax or BOGOF ban on unhealthy food. Maybe she'll do something to ease the cost of crisps, they've sky-rocketed lately!
Derek27

Chloe Smith has got Work and Pensions. She never did reply to my email about Johnson. She must have thought the only purpose of it was to insult him. :)
Derek27

Is Truss two feet taller than the queen, was she standing on a step, is the photo an optical illusion, or am I just pissed?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”