Next Prime Minister / Tory Party Leader

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

Truss down to 1.08.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:35 pm
Just seen Truss squirming on the Channel 4 news.
I apologise in advance for this.
But Truss is a disaster.
As a left of centre liberal I should shut up and let her cock everything up, but we need competence now more than ever.
I didn't think it would fall apart even before she was installed as PM.
What is a "Left of centre liberal", does that mean you want to share the love, money and profitable betfair strategies with your fellow traders for free ? :D
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 pm
greenmark wrote:
But Truss is a disaster.
As a left of centre liberal I should shut up and let her cock everything up, but we need competence now more than ever.
What is a "Left of centre liberal", does that mean you want to share the love, money and profitable betfair strategies with your fellow traders for free ? :D
It means I'd like to see case by case strategies for all our political issues. Not idealogical cobblers pandering to a particular audience.
No doubt in my mind that's were we are right now. A tiny minority of the electorate is appointing someone that can swivel the nation's fortune's in whatever direction they wish, at least until the Tory party realises they've made a huge mistake. Or we arrive at the next election.
Hey that's quiite a coherent answer for me :-).
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:42 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 8:32 pm
greenmark wrote:
But Truss is a disaster.
It means I'd like to see case by case strategies for all our political issues. Not idealogical cobblers pandering to a particular audience.
No doubt in my mind that's were we are right now. A tiny minority of the electorate is appointing someone that can swivel the nation's fortune's in whatever direction they wish, at least until the Tory party realises they've made a huge mistake. Or we arrive at the next election.
Hey that's quiite a coherent answer for me :-).
:D
Archery1969

Listening to the news, it’s all getting rather scary with China now.

Hope Truss knows what she is doing. I assume she will side with the US.

:o
Derek27

A nice quote from Moya Lothian-McClean. Liz Truss is burning bridges that she hasn't even built yet, referring to her comments about Sturgeon. :)

Suggesting the leader of the country neighbouring yours should be ignored is nothing short of idiotic in my view.
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:40 pm
A nice quote from Moya Lothian-McClean. Liz Truss is burning bridges that she hasn't even built yet, referring to her comments about Sturgeon. :)

Suggesting the leader of the country neighbouring yours should be ignored is nothing short of idiotic in my view.
Sturgeon is/was always hell bent on an independent Scotland whoever the UK PM was, she hates Westminster and all it stands for. Hell, deep down she probably hates all English people. In my view if they want to leave then let them, same for Wales and NI if they do too.

It’s the 21st century and all that let people decide their own future.

But before they leave give them the share of the combined UK debt of £1.3 trillion debt based on the Barnet formulae. That should give them a nice start financially to their new beginnings etc.

:)
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 11:50 pm
Derek27 wrote:

Sturgeon is/was always hell bent on an independent Scotland whoever the UK PM was, she hates Westminster and all it stands for. Hell, deep down she probably hates all English people. In my view if they want to leave then let them, same for Wales and NI if they do too.

But before they leave give them the share of the combined UK debt of £1.3 trillion debt based on the Barnet formulae. That should give them a nice start financially to their new beginnings etc.

You can speak your mind about Sturgeon or anyone else, but if you want to become PM you have to be more reserved. Imagine me as PM being interviewed by Sophie Ridge, ranting my head off and telling her what I really think about the Great British public, the ordinary person on the street, or in the supermarket!

You'll have to do it yourself, because my imagination stretches no further than being with Sophie Ridge. :D
Archery1969

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 12:07 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

You can speak your mind about Sturgeon or anyone else, but if you want to become PM you have to be more reserved. Imagine me as PM being interviewed by Sophie Ridge, ranting my head off and telling her what I really think about the Great British public, the ordinary person on the street, or in the supermarket!

You'll have to do it yourself, because my imagination stretches no further than being with Sophie Ridge. :D
:lol:
Derek27

Liz Truss says she's prepared to break eggs to make the omelette. Just the woman we need in the No.10 kitchen. ;)
sionascaig

Looks like she could be even better for the independence cause than Boris - which will be some achievement.

Good article in The Spectator pointing out her stupidity.

https://www.spectator.co.uk/article/tru ... &fs=e&s=cl

PS: Tory ballot delayed due to hacking risk.
sionascaig

Archery1969 wrote:

Am sure it will be discussed in negotiations - along with share of assets...

Just dawned on me if they manage to negotiate as good a deal as brexit the rest of the UK will have to pick up scottish pension liabilities. Let the fun begin...

What a mess..
Archery1969

There would have to be hard borders too because of major differences around immigration.

Fun times ahead.
sionascaig

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 am
There would have to be hard borders too because of major differences around immigration.

Fun times ahead.
Do you not mean migration )
Archery1969

sionascaig wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 10:15 am
Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Aug 03, 2022 8:19 am

Fun times ahead.
Do you not mean migration )
Yeah. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”