Next Prime Minister / Tory Party Leader

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:12 pm
What happened in the latest debate? Truss has moved from 1.11 to 1.17. Wasn't expecting that.
Did she threaten to outllaw Corgi's?
Penny Mordaunt has just announced her backing for Truss, maybe that's moved it ?
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Mon Aug 01, 2022 10:31 pm
greenmark wrote:
What happened in the latest debate? Truss has moved from 1.11 to 1.17. Wasn't expecting that.
Penny Mordaunt has just announced her backing for Truss, maybe that's moved it ?
:lol: It's all a bit sad and pantomime. Ah well. We shall see what the morrow brings. :roll:
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
That's odd. They both made arses of themselves but no more than I expected.
Archery1969

One thing is for sure, Sunak is dog meat and should just stand aside.

Do they announce the actual membership scores as I think he might end up with just 30% or less of the total membership vote ?
Derek27

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:17 am
One thing is for sure, Sunak is dog meat and should just stand aside.

Do they announce the actual membership scores as I think he might end up with just 30% or less of the total membership vote ?
They must do. I can't imagine Brady simply saying Truss has won and buggering off down the pub. :lol:
greenmark

Tory leadership: Liz Truss backtracks on public worker pay plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62390016

Good grief what a shower!!!

1.26 and 4.8.

Couple more Trussballs and could be tight after all.
Archery1969

That could be a fatal blow to Truss campaign.

Although I doubt the membership care about public sector workers.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 1:44 pm

Judging by the shift in the odds, some do. Or perhaps they're getting jittery that Truss is a loose cannon that could screw things up comprehensively (including ending the ban on grammar schools - just my little joke :-)).
My gut feeling about Truss is she is not really in control of her mouth. This is not a good characteristic for a PM. Maggie must be spinning in her grave. I wonde what a meeting between her and Putin would result in.
I suspect her team have her bound and gagged in a darkened room.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 12:24 pm
Tory leadership: Liz Truss backtracks on public worker pay plan
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-62390016

Good grief what a shower!!!

1.26 and 4.8.

Couple more Trussballs and could be tight after all.
It's the usual response, it's not a u-turn but a misrepresentation of the original policy!
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:37 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Judging by the shift in the odds, some do. Or perhaps they're getting jittery that Truss is a loose cannon that could screw things up comprehensively (including ending the ban on grammar schools - just my little joke :-)).
My gut feeling about Truss is she is not really in control of her mouth. This is not a good characteristic for a PM. Maggie must be spinning in her grave. I wonde what a meeting between her and Putin would result in.
Maggie would have sent in the Army, Navy and RAF to help Ukraine. Back with the Falklands she was told by everybody and their dog not to enage with Argentina. The US, France, her cabinet and Armed Forces said it would end in disaster so far from home. She did it anyway.

I highly doubt Truss will ever meet Putin. She against sending in boots on the ground so to speak but then we find out that there are 2,400 UK soliders in Ukraine already, doing something and now 30 RMC will protect the embassy there. Plus its started to emegre that the SBS trained Ukraine soldiers to retake snake island, some believe they went with them.

Interesting times ahead.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 2:46 pm
greenmark wrote:
Archery1969 wrote:

Maggie would have sent in the Army, Navy and RAF to help Ukraine. Back with the Falklands she was told by everybody and their dog not to enage with Argentina. The US, France, her cabinet and Armed Forces said it would end in disaster so far from home. She did it anyway.

I highly doubt Truss will ever meet Putin. She against sending in boots on the ground so to speak but then we find out that there are 2,400 UK soliders in Ukraine already, doing something and now 30 RMC will protect the embassy there. Plus its started to emegre that the SBS trained Ukraine soldiers to retake snake island, some believe they went with them.

Interesting times ahead.
Please don't tell me Truss is going to summon up her inner Maggie and take on Putin. The Falklands and dealing with Putin are MASSIVELY different scenarios.
I'm 61 and for most of my young life until the fall of the Berlin wall I felt I had a sword of Damacles hanging above me. Because of Putin we are slap bang in the same place.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:00 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Interesting times ahead.
Please don't tell me Truss is going to summon up her inner Maggie and take on Putin. The Falklands and dealing with Putin are MASSIVELY different scenarios.
I'm 61 and for most of my young life until the fall of the Berlin wall I felt I had a sword of Damacles hanging above me. Because of Putin we are slap bang in the same place.
If Truss becomes PM she will be looking for some quick wins, tax cuts and taking on Putin on the world stage might make her feel good.

Hopefully she has sensible people around her to keep her in check, if not then it could go pair shape rather quickly.

In the meantime I have ordered 3 months supply of freeze dried meals for me bunker. :D
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:28 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:00 pm
Archery1969 wrote:

Interesting times ahead.
If Truss becomes PM she will be looking for some quick wins, tax cuts and taking on Putin on the world stage might make her feel good.

Hopefully she has sensible people around her to keep her in check, if not then it could go pair shape rather quickly.

In the meantime I have ordered 3 months supply of freeze dried meals for me bunker. :D
:lol:
Derek27

Great headline on Sky: The lady IS for turning. :D
greenmark

Just seen Truss squirming on the Channel 4 news.
I apologise in advance for this.
But Truss is a disaster.
As a left of centre liberal I should shut up and let her cock everything up, but we need competence now more than ever.
I didn't think it would fall apart even before she was installed as PM.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”