UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:52 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:43 pm
greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:38 pm
Truss is quite clearly as mad as a Old Centaur employee. "Our assumption was that we'd worked up these plans with Treasury officials and if there had been a major problem it would have been flagged to us,". You're the f**king PM does any sane person really believe you weren't warned and in any case why did you muzzle the OBR and prevent them from reporting on the impact of a mini-budget that sent the markets into a wide-eyed panic.
Flipping heck the woman is as foul as a box of frogs!!
Er... since when was "Old Centaur employee" a word that necessitated being moderated to "Old Centaur employee"?
Can someone explain?
WTF why is the name of a nocturnal, black and white animal that lives in a sett a moderated word. You've got to be kidding me!!!!!
What's the word that was moderated to Old Centaur employee? You need to put in a few - or '.
Why do I need to do that to b-a-d-g-e-r- ??
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:58 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:43 pm

Er... since when was "Old Centaur employee" a word that necessitated being moderated to "Old Centaur employee"?
Can someone explain?
WTF why is the name of a nocturnal, black and white animal that lives in a sett a moderated word. You've got to be kidding me!!!!!
What's the word that was moderated to Old Centaur employee? You need to put in a few - or '.
I must be missing something. I can't see the point in the moderation.

By the way, I thought it was mad as a hatter.
Kai

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:18 pm
greenmark wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Short-legged omnivores are frowned upon here, and so are certain fruits such as cranberries

Hopefully that clarifies the matter
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:26 pm
Derek27 wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Short-legged omnivores are frowned upon here, and so are certain fruits such as cranberries

Ok so "mad as a Truss" from now on then? But hang on, that has connotations too, doesn't it? Someone can be as mad as a surgical support - but in her case, not as useful?
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 pm
Kai wrote:
Derek27 wrote:

Ok so "mad as a Truss" from now on then? But hang on, that has connotations too, doesn't it? Someone can be as mad as a surgical support - but in her case, not as useful?
Well, they've censored certain words for a reason

I can't say it, but I can whisper it :)

But not like it's a big secret or anything, just refers to a couple Youtubers that promote rival software is all
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:30 pm
greenmark wrote:
Kai wrote:

But not like it's a big secret or anything, just refers to a couple Youtubers that promote rival software is all
Ah OK. That's cool then. No reason why BA should tolerate that.
Kai

greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:27 pm
Kai wrote:
greenmark wrote:

Btw I've sent you a brief PM last night to clarify which Youtubers, since you asked

That is what I meant when I said I'd whisper it :)
greenmark

Kai wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:30 pm
greenmark wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 2:27 pm
Kai wrote:

Btw I've sent you a brief PM last night to clarify which Youtubers, since you asked

That is what I meant when I said I'd whisper it :)
So you did. Thanks for taking the time to do that. Must check my notifications more often. :-)
Derek27

Nadine Dorries, still crying over her party getting rid of the buffoon, will stand down at the next election and good riddance to her. :D
greenmark

Blimey. Watching Question Time is tough.
Tory conflating the new deputy tory chairman's suggestion of food bank misuse with Ukraine's battle for freedom. Good grief!
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:30 pm
Tory conflating the new deputy tory chairman's suggestion of food bank misuse with Ukraine's battle for freedom. Good grief!
Thanks for reminding me. A minister calling for the death penalty is just what Sunak needed. :lol:

Scott Benton: Anything other than a vastly increased Labour majority [in West Lancashire] spells trouble for the Labour party!

Brilliant idea, the more you get humiliated the more you lower the bar. :lol:
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 12:23 am
greenmark wrote:
Thu Feb 09, 2023 11:30 pm
Thanks for reminding me. A minister calling for the death penalty is just what Sunak needed. :lol:

Scott Benton: Anything other than a vastly increased Labour majority [in West Lancashire] spells trouble for the Labour party!

Brilliant idea, the more you get humiliated the more you lower the bar. :lol:
I want to sleep, but will never accept the concept of the death penalty.
My mum said "would you like to pull the trigger?". And I realised I could not.The death penalty is state sponsored murder.
Even Pierrepoint said it was not a deterrent, merely revenge.
ShaunWhite

Lastest polling:
  • SNP would be the official opposition.
    Only 32% of Con voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"
    Only 13% of all voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"

Like a gunman looking to see if he's missed anyone, their parting gift will probably be those Gambling Commission "reforms".

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/blo ... 30209.html
sionascaig

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Feb 10, 2023 3:57 am
Lastest polling:
  • SNP would be the official opposition.
    Only 32% of Con voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"
    Only 13% of all voters in 2019 disgree with the statement "are the Conservatives fundamentally corrupt"

Like a gunman looking to see if he's missed anyone, their parting gift will probably be those Gambling Commission "reforms".

https://www.electoralcalculus.co.uk/blo ... 30209.html
And the SNP can't vote on EVEL matters (English Votes for English Laws), If they were to become official opposition. I know unlikely, but surely an indication that current voting system could be broken.
Archangel

It would probably be good for the Tories to spend a couple of election cycles in opposition to have a good think about things

Return to “Political betting & arguing”