UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 8:14 pm
That's it, now hang the bastard. :D
Actually, I think you'll find Boris was conceived within wedlock.

CS
Derek27

If the committee find that Boris the Liar has lived up to his name, they can recommend a suspension from parliament, Tory MPs will have a free vote. If a suspension is recommended for more than 10 days and voted through parliament, only 10% of his constituents need to sign a petition to trigger a by-election. :D
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Mar 23, 2023 1:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Derek27

It may be standard practice to swear an oath before giving evidence at a hearing but if they can change the handicap rules for Arkle they should have special rules for Boris the Liar. :lol:
Derek27

People who say we were partying at No.10 don't know what they're talking about. :lol:

There will be a few memes with this, I think. :)

Screenshot 2023-03-23 023931.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
ShaunWhite

Crazyskier wrote:
Wed Mar 22, 2023 11:57 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Actually, I think you'll find Derek wasn't using that definition. ;)
Screenshot_4.jpg
I'd give you my opinion of him, but you might think I'd wrongly accused him of being a women's genitals.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

The whole saga could be summarised as follows

"There were not any parties at Downing street"
"Ok, there were parties but I didnt attend them"
"Ok, I did attend them, but I didnt realise they were parties. I was ambushed by a cake"

And people still say Boris isnt a liar ...
Crumpets

I saw a lady interviewed on the news last night. She said she believed Boris was telling the truth, "because liars fidget". She watched Boris' hands closely and, they were pretty still, so....

Quite scary how superstitious some people are still in this day and age
Derek27

Crumpets wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 2:04 pm
I saw a lady interviewed on the news last night. She said she believed Boris was telling the truth, "because liars fidget". She watched Boris' hands closely and, they were pretty still, so....

Quite scary how superstitious some people are still in this day and age
I forgot to test it on Boris the Liar, but I heard a police psychologist/body language expert say that when you're thinking and trying to recall events you use the left-hand part of your brain that processes recollections, so it's common to look upwards and to the left as you think. But when you're lying through your teeth, you use the creative part of your brain which is on the right-hand side, so you're more likely to look downwards and to the right.

Don't know how accurate it is but Stuart Hazell at a press conference was a model example. Boris the Liar was not only well prepared with lies but he lies naturally, it's almost like breathing air to him, so I'd expect him to behave normally.
Crumpets

Yeah, politicians are rigorously trained and drilled on their body language. I think we all remember Theresa May's 'Power Stance'. Or moronic starfish, whatever you call it
Crazyskier

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:09 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Derek27 wrote:
Screenshot_4.jpg
I'd give you my opinion of him, but you might think I'd wrongly accused him of being a women's genitals.
Oh, I much prefer the original definitions. I still consider myself a gay and jolly chap, for example. 😉

CS
Archery1969

You won’t get the report, findings and recommendations until May. Boris may also use legal powers to delay/prevent publication.
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 4:37 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

Screenshot_4.jpg
Oh, I much prefer the original definitions. I still consider myself a gay and jolly chap, for example. 😉

CS
The original definition was for a derogatory term against people who have done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve abuse. Nobody has control over what happened before they were born, after all.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 7:41 pm
Crazyskier wrote:
ShaunWhite wrote:

Screenshot_4.jpg

CS
The original definition was for a derogatory term against people who have done absolutely nothing wrong to deserve abuse. Nobody has control over what happened before they were born, after all.
Nobody's condoning abuse, Derek. And I concur: the blame is entirely the parents', not the poor mites conceived out of wedlock.

CS
Derek27

Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Crazyskier wrote:

CS
Nobody's condoning abuse, Derek. And I concur: the blame is entirely the parents', not the poor mites conceived out of wedlock.

CS
You're being abusive yourself by suggesting parents are to "blame" for choosing not to get married. Marriage is a choice, you may have chosen it, you need to accept it's just your choice and not universally considered correct.
Crazyskier

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 24, 2023 12:58 am
Crazyskier wrote:
Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:35 pm
Derek27 wrote:

CS
You're being abusive yourself by suggesting parents are to "blame" for choosing not to get married. Marriage is a choice, you may have chosen it, you need to accept it's just your choice and not universally considered correct.
It's undeniably best for baby and it's life chances. That is a universal truth backed up by ALL of the statistics, here and overseas, Derek, so it's a bit of a stretch to suggest that pointing out uncomfortable (for some) facts is somehow 'abusive'. There is an abundance of study data available online, and they ALL show that statistically, the best outcomes for children are those born within a stable, loving marriage.

Of course there are many unmarried couples giving a loving home and stable upbringing to children that fare very well in life, just as there are some horrendously abusive marriages; however the statistics show that families with the biological Mother and Father being united in Matrimony, creating a loving, stable environment and sharing the same surname as a single family unit, is the highest form of stability and commitment possible with the best outcomes for their offspring.

This is why most Western societies give tax breaks and other similar incentives and perks to married couples - it's something society benefits from and therefore has to be the benchmark, even though our increasingly secular British society is sadly getting married less often before childbirth. Legally, an unmarried Mother is single and any boyfriend is simply a 'partner', never a spouse.

I could go on about the hugely detrimental impact of a lack of male role model during a child's formative years, (this includes broken homes where marriages have broken down) and the huge percentage of our prison populations that were born illegitimately and lacked boundaries, being taught respect for others and self discipline; but I suspect I'm not telling you anything you don't know, really.

Derek, Sorry if I've touched a nerve, buddy. My intention is simply to inform and debate. Facts remain such, however uncomfortable they might make some people feel.

CS

Return to “Political betting & arguing”