UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archangel

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:06 am
WTF is Sky News interviewing the buffoon for his views on Ukraine? He's now an irrelevant backbencher bum who's only in the UK because he thought he could be PM again. Just ignore and forget about him!
Could be worse. He could be speaking about Blockchain !
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Derek27

How the fuck is eating a kangaroo's genitals going to raise awareness of dyslexia? :roll:
Derek27

Whatever you do, don't have an accident or become ill!

Ex-brother-in-law was lying on the floor in agony, called 999, they assessed him as not having a heart attack and told him they can't send an ambulance for 20 hours. He had to get his neighbours to take him to hospital, waited 13 hours to be seen and was found to have kidney stones and in need of an operation. That's what awaits all of us I'm afraid!
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:40 pm

Ex-brother-in-law was lying on the floor in agony, called 999, they assessed him as not having a heart attack and told him they can't send an ambulance for 20 hours. He had to get his neighbours to take him to hospital, waited 13 hours to be seen and was found to have kidney stones and in need of an operation. That's what awaits all of us I'm afraid!
An ex-colleague of mine had kidney stones and collapsed in the company loo's. Was tended to by an ex-bomb squad chap. My point being when the ailment manifests it's really very painful indeed.
I've been looking at our Tax take, spending etc and the notion that we're poor is frankly ridiculous. 33% of GDP compared to 46%for France, 37% for Germany.
We're being conned.
Archery1969

greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:

An ex-colleague of mine had kidney stones and collapsed in the company loo's. Was tended to by an ex-bomb squad chap. My point being when the ailment manifests it's really very painful indeed.
I've been looking at our Tax take, spending etc and the notion that we're poor is frankly ridiculous. 33% of GDP compared to 46%for France, 37% for Germany.
We're being conned.
There is a big difference though, France and Germany can borrow from the ECB at 0%. The UK can't.

Also, the European union is shelling out billions to EU countries for Covid recovery. France and Germany will get the greatest share.

The UK is no longer in the big boys club and will become poor quickly unless something radical happens. Yes, back in 1946 it was 250% of GDP but we borrowed billions from USA and Canada at 0%.
greenmark

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 10:45 pm
greenmark wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 9:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:

We're being conned.
There is a big difference though, France and Germany can borrow from the ECB at 0%. The UK can't.

Also, the European union is shelling out billions to EU countries for Covid recovery. France and Germany will get the greatest share.

The UK is no longer in the big boys club and will become poor quickly unless something radical happens. Yes, back in 1946 it was 250% of GDP but we borrowed billions from USA and Canada at 0%.
But we're post-brexit, we can borrow wherever we like.
Sorry, being flippant there. But I do think this notion of a fiscal black hole is just another spinning of the truth. The UK is one of the biggest economies in the world. The issue is always about how we spend our wealth.
The Tory's are now constrained by the idealogy of low tax but now have any choice but to raise tax.
As I keep banging on about, tax/spending is all about political will. And that is not just Sunak, it's me and you!!
Archangel

Wonder what happened to this
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jukebox

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 6:36 pm
How the fuck is eating a kangaroo's genitals going to raise awareness of dyslexia? :roll:
A snorkelng oat saga might be hlepflu.
Archery1969

Archangel wrote:
Wed Nov 02, 2022 11:53 pm
Wonder what happened to this
We still send 90% of it to the EU for existing projects we signed upto. Legally that will continue for another 6 years.

The slogan was very misleading, we will eventually stop sending it but not for awhile yet.
Derek27

Sunak's hair is noticeably greyer than when he appeared at the covid briefings at Downing Street. I reckon by the time of the next election he'll be completely grey. :)
Archangel

:?
Derek27

Another cabinet minister gone. :D
Archangel

Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:16 pm
I think the Home Secretary wont be too far behind

The idea that Sunak has restored stability to the government is starting to fall apart quicker than expected. Sunak seems incredibly weak now and having poor judgement.

I dont see how we get to 2024 or later before the next GE

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/p ... .167249197
greenmark

Archangel wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:38 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Tue Nov 08, 2022 8:16 pm
I think the Home Secretary wont be too far behind

The idea that Sunak has restored stability to the government is starting to fall apart quicker than expected. Sunak seems incredibly weak now and having poor judgement.

I dont see how we get to 2024 or later before the next GE

https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/p ... .167249197
The concept of an ex-chief whip bullying a chief whip is frankly risible. Surely all whip's past and present are inherently bullies - it's their main skill.
Archery1969

Boris and Trump did say they would be back. :lol:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”