UK General Election 2024 (or 25)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Derek27

How the fuck do clergymen and women get visas under the skilled immigration scheme? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Derek27

Starmer's promising fewer heart attacks and strokes under a Labour government. How's he gonna do that?

I can see how he will reduce suicides though. Just preventing another five years of a Tory government should suffice. :)
arbitrage16

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 5:23 pm
arbitrage16 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:57 pm
Archery1969 wrote:
Tue May 16, 2023 10:27 pm

The future is looking bright.....
According to you that's because of people on benefits, rather than 13 years of Tory ineptitude.
When did I mention benefits ?
Why do you need to mention benefits in order for us to infer precisely the kind of small minded, right wing media-fed nonsense that you've been raised on and don't have the integrity nor intellect to question and outgrow.
Archery1969

arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:39 am
Archery1969 wrote:
arbitrage16 wrote:
Wed May 17, 2023 4:57 pm

According to you that's because of people on benefits, rather than 13 years of Tory ineptitude.
Why do you need to mention benefits in order for us to infer precisely the kind of small minded, right wing media-fed nonsense that you've been raised on and don't have the integrity nor intellect to question and outgrow.
Shut up you muppet.
Derek27

Boris the Liar's been reported to the police again over more Covid law-breaking.

He's been inviting friends round to his Chequers holiday home. Looking forward to hearing him explain how it was an essential meeting. :D

Now he's threatening to sue the cabinet office for grassing him up. :lol:
Derek27

Starmer: Does the prime minister support the [home secretary's] let them pick fruit ambition for Britain? :lol:
Derek27

It's really astonishing how a Sri Lankan with £50K can hand it over and come over here for a better life!!

What's £50K worth in Sri Lanka?
greenmark

Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:12 pm
It's really astonishing how a Sri Lankan with £50K can hand it over and come over here for a better life!!

I agree but what's the story that prompted that? I worked for ICL and Fujitsu and they both had well established connections in India for employees. And at a tenth of the cost of UK employees. But these guys were well paid compared to what they coul earn in India. It's a weird and unfair world.
Derek27

greenmark wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:20 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed May 24, 2023 7:12 pm

I agree but what's the story that prompted that? I worked for ICL and Fujitsu and they both had well established connections in India for employees. And at a tenth of the cost of UK employees. But these guys were well paid compared to what they coul earn in India. It's a weird and unfair world.
I just heard it on Sky, though I think the Vietnamese that died in that lorry in Ireland paid even more, mainly borrowed money. You would think in the age of the internet people in that corner of the world who are even considering coming over here would just watch half an hour of news and see the cost of living crisis, people struggling to pay for food, energy, out of work, etc.
sionascaig

At a bit of a loss...

How can you have an extensive partygate investigation conducted by a "top" civil servant, a police investigation & and a select committee investigation lasting months, all at a crazy cost to the tax payer and yet no one thinks to look in the official diaries and query the "parties" with Boris's mates in Downing St during some of the severest covid restrictions...
arbitrage16

Archery1969 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:54 am
arbitrage16 wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 6:39 am
Archery1969 wrote:

Shut up you muppet.
Good to see I was precisely on the money, you mug.

Bringing it back to the topic at hand, let's hope it's 2024, get this sorry shit show out of office and start experiencing some real change.
Emmson

:!:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:17 pm
But that does come from the EU. Hardly an objective opinion.

But also, I'm not objective about the shower that have been running the country for 13 years.

Record immigration (lets disregard Ukraine and Hong Kong).
Reducing immigration was a trumpeted objective of the last Tory manifesto. Within the next Parliament. It's not going to happen the Tory's should be held to account for that.

Ironically, I don't believe restricting immigration helps us at all, but the Tory's pinned their reputation on it and they will fail.
Emmson

greenmark wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:43 pm
Emmson wrote:

But also, I'm not objective about the shower that have been running the country for 13 years.

Reducing immigration was a trumpeted objective of the last Tory manifesto. Within the next Parliament. It's not going to happen the Tory's should be held to account for that.

Ironically, I don't believe restricting immigration helps us at all, but the Tory's pinned their reputation on it and they will fail.
I am not making any political point whatsoever green, I just stumbled on it on twitter and thought it noteworthy and was hitherto unaware of it.
greenmark

Emmson wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:50 pm
greenmark wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 4:43 pm
Emmson wrote:

I am not making any political point whatsoever green, I just stumbled on it on twitter and thought it noteworthy and was hitherto unaware of it.
The graphic shows what our govt says. We are unproductive. But what that actually means is the govt is unproductive, but won't accept responsibility for 13 years of mismanagement. Brexit was a self inflicted wound, covid and Ukraine are obviously drags on the economy from leftfield. But the economy has been crap since the Brexit Ref was announced.

Brexit has been a recipe for stagnation as entrepreneurs/investors debated whether taking a risk on the UK was sensible.
And the Tory's caused Brexit.

Only plus recently Jaguar Land Rover investing in a new electric car battery factory.
But how many people buy Jaguar Land Rover?

Return to “Political betting & arguing”