US midterms 2022

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Archangel wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:35 pm
“Trump is livid” and “screaming at everyone,” after last night’s disappointing midterm results for GOP, according to a Trump adviser. The adviser went on to slam the former president’s handpicked contenders: “they were all bad candidates.” “Candidates matter,” the adviser said.
Couldn’t have been any worse for him, if he announces his Presidential run next week I think people may just laugh.

I do think though if Biden runs again in 2024 it’ll still be a mistake, last night wasn’t because of him.
Archangel

Naffman wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:37 pm
Archangel wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 3:35 pm
“Trump is livid” and “screaming at everyone,” after last night’s disappointing midterm results for GOP, according to a Trump adviser. The adviser went on to slam the former president’s handpicked contenders: “they were all bad candidates.” “Candidates matter,” the adviser said.
Couldn’t have been any worse for him, if he announces his Presidential run next week I think people may just laugh.

I do think though if Biden runs again in 2024 it’ll still be a mistake, last night wasn’t because of him.
I said it a few weeks ago, I dont see how the Reps can run with Trump for 2024. Hes just too devisive
Archangel

I see that serial election loser, Nigel Farage is over in America cheering on the Republicans. That cant help them :D
Derek27

Trump's already covered himself. He said before the votes were in that ifthe Republicans win he deserves full credit but if they do badly it's down to the candidates. :)
Naffman

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:08 pm
Trump's already covered himself. He said before the votes were in that ifthe Republicans win he deserves full credit but if they do badly it's down to the candidates. :)
Even though his endorsements basically picked the candidate :lol:

Problem is some MAGA loons will believe that but I reckon some might even start to question him.

Even if RdS is nominated in 2024, if Trump is still sniffing around he’s going to have a negative affect, I think a lot of nominees will be staying further clear of him, he’s a cancer.
Archery1969

It's rather close in the Senate. :o
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

Archery1969 wrote:
Wed Nov 09, 2022 4:46 pm
It's rather close in the Senate. :o
AZ looks almost a sure thing for D’s, think WI was just called for Johnson so 49-49, NV itching towards D’s as long as good mail ballot left outstanding from Clark Co. and Warnock clear favourite for me in GA
Naffman

With NV and especially AZ looking more and more like Senate holds we will see more election denials, but I must admit it really doesn’t help when it’s going to take a week to count most ballots
Archery1969

Close Close Close
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Archangel

The Donald is now suggesting that the Midterms results are rigged :lol:
Naffman

Archangel wrote:
Thu Nov 10, 2022 3:22 pm
The Donald is now suggesting that the Midterms results are rigged :lol:
Thought I'd check in on the Daily Mail comment section (I know right!) and its clear they think these late ballots aren't legit, but they are legit when they come in from the rural counties which heavily favour R's

He also put on Truth Social (lol) yesterday that he got 1.5 million more votes than DeSantis, he's going to go out of his way to try and bring him down to his level
verance

There's a free 1% for laying Dem majority in this market, market hasn't read the rules regarding independents it seems.
Screenshot_2.jpg
Naffman

Not sure who the 'Political analyst' for Betfair Australia is but they had a shocker

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/sports/p ... -midterms/

They got 8 wrong, 1 right (5/4) and 1 currently still going (will probably win but they took 1/12)
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Fri Nov 11, 2022 1:11 pm
Not sure who the 'Political analyst' for Betfair Australia is but they had a shocker

https://www.betfair.com.au/hub/sports/p ... -midterms/

They got 8 wrong, 1 right (5/4) and 1 currently still going (will probably win but they took 1/12)
"Expert tips"? :lol:

Whoever's behind them has no sense of value, taking 1.01 for a Republican HoR majority.
Derek27

Democrats expected to keep control of the Senate with Arizona expected to go their way, though on the BBC map they already have that state!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”