Getting Lay Bets Matched Inplay

The sport of kings.
HampshireIan

Afternoon all,

Humble apologies as I didn't really know where to put this, but seems a good starting place.

I have been playing with a few scenarios with backing and laying horses, the back bet pre race and the lay, in-play.

Theory being that the lay odds should drop for an amount of ticks profit (undecided as yet).

I tested this today live on a very low odds horse just to see what happened, backing at 1,89 and laying at 1.86.

I was sure that the lay odds met 1.86 but the bet did not get uploaded into Betfair.

Can you tell me if the software will always place the lay or am I just missing something?

Thanks all
ANGELS15

HampshireIan wrote:
Mon May 17, 2021 4:09 pm
Afternoon all,

Humble apologies as I didn't really know where to put this, but seems a good starting place.

I have been playing with a few scenarios with backing and laying horses, the back bet pre race and the lay, in-play.

Theory being that the lay odds should drop for an amount of ticks profit (undecided as yet).

I tested this today live on a very low odds horse just to see what happened, backing at 1,89 and laying at 1.86.

I was sure that the lay odds met 1.86 but the bet did not get uploaded into Betfair.

Can you tell me if the software will always place the lay or am I just missing something?

Thanks all
Are you doing this manually or using automation? In either case you would need to update your lay bet to 'keep' prior to the race going in play otherwise your bet will be cancelled at the off.
HampshireIan

Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am doing it manually in Betfair Exchange, however the box was ticked to 'keep' inplay.

That's what's got me worried. Being that this was only a very small bet, the liquidity would have been there, so not sure why it didn't kivk in?
Dallas

HampshireIan wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:42 pm
Hi, thanks for the reply.

I am doing it manually in Betfair Exchange, however the box was ticked to 'keep' inplay.

That's what's got me worried. Being that this was only a very small bet, the liquidity would have been there, so not sure why it didn't kivk in?
The Betfair website only refreshes once a second, then you have the one second bet delay so by the time your bet reaches the market the price could be dozens of ticks away from where you place the bet
Basically the BF website is far to slow for in-play betting especially on fast moving markets like horse racing
HampshireIan

Thanks for clarifying Dallas.

I was thinking similar but was hoping that wasn't the case as this could have been reasonably profitable.

Never mind eh
Dallas

HampshireIan wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:06 pm
Thanks for clarifying Dallas.

I was thinking similar but was hoping that wasn't the case as this could have been reasonably profitable.

Never mind eh
If it would be profitable except for the websites slow refresh rate if is it not worth paying the 17p per day for Bet Angel Trader or the 0.41p per day for Bet Angel Pro to get 5 or 50 times faster refresh rates?
HampshireIan

Hi Dallas,

Quite possibly, yes mate. It was part of my thinking.

So you reckon with a 'task' (sorry, can't remember what they are called now), set up on the bot, it would capture them all the time?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”