Daily Trading P&L (pre off)

The sport of kings.
Snaff

Has anyone ever posted the daily p&l for pre off racing? Lots talk a good game and can put up good results when it suits but I’ve never seen someone put up constant daily p&l. I’m not digging anyone out here it’s just a question. I’m more interested if anyone is actually making anything worth while…
The Silk Run

Locust_17.05.2021.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Snaff

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 9:29 am
Locust_17.05.2021.png
Nice work mate 👌. You bother with the horse racing?
The Silk Run

Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 10:09 am
The Silk Run wrote:
Locust_17.05.2021.png
Nice work mate 👌. You bother with the horse racing?
Hi Hi Snaff
I stopped trading Horse Racing markets when the pandemic was announced. Prior to this, I was manually scalping pre-race for about three years, and thoroughly enjoyed it.
Now, automating UK Greyhound markets.
Snaff

Ahh fair play to you mate. Solid results them. Probably worth having a go at the Australian greyhounds as well, see how u get on. Messed around with pre off horse racing for a while, more swinging then scalping but carnt find anything solid. At the big meets it’s decent but the standard stuff feels very random.
The Silk Run

Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:00 am
Ahh fair play to you mate. Solid results them. Probably worth having a go at the Australian greyhounds as well, see how u get on. Messed around with pre off horse racing for a while, more swinging then scalping but carnt find anything solid. At the big meets it’s decent but the standard stuff feels very random.
I have probed ANZ with my UK systems but they won't integrate and produce poor results.
Snaff

Ahh bit of a shame that but at least the UK stuff works well.
gazuty

Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 11:00 am
Messed around with pre off horse racing for a while, more swinging then scalping but carnt find anything solid. At the big meets it’s decent but the standard stuff feels very random.
Consistent pre off profitability for horses is possible.
Snaff

I personally can have 2-3 good days and then one really bad one. That’s the general pattern I find. I’d like to know if profitable traders are experiencing the same thing.
gazuty

Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 1:10 pm
I personally can have 2-3 good days and then one really bad one. That’s the general pattern I find. I’d like to know if profitable traders are experiencing the same thing.
Read “In the beginning” in viewtopic.php?f=17&t=23699

Why are you having those bad days? Is it the markets or is it something to do with your trading style? Do markets vary by day of the week? What patterns have you noticed? All will be revealed if you diligently record what you see and why you are doing it.

If I posted my profit by day of the week from highest to lowest then it will be Saturday, Sunday, Wednesday, Friday, Thursday, Tuesday, Monday for horses. Over time every day is profitable but some are more profitable than others.

Does my automation have losing days?

You better you better you bet, ooh
You better you better you bet, ooh, (The Who, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxZ4AOTGtVM)
Snaff

Thanks for the reply mate. Decent insight 👍
eatyourgreens

Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:08 am
Has anyone ever posted the daily p&l for pre off racing? Lots talk a good game and can put up good results when it suits but I’ve never seen someone put up constant daily p&l. I’m not digging anyone out here it’s just a question. I’m more interested if anyone is actually making anything worth while…
hi snaff, I have been running a very low stakes doggy bot on last nights (Aussie) and todays greyhounds, it only triggered on 53 races, but only had one losing trade (63p).......maybe its time to let it off the leash and see if I can get a p/l like Silk Run posted earlier!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

eatyourgreens wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 11:02 pm
Snaff wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 8:08 am
hi snaff, I have been running a very low stakes doggy bot on last nights (Aussie) and todays greyhounds, it only triggered on 53 races, but only had one losing trade (63p).......maybe its time to let it off the leash and see if I can get a p/l like Silk Run posted earlier!
Well done eatyourgreens, that's a very GOOD start. TRY, and maintain sensible staking, keep it low. Theirs some excellent knowledge base on here in this particular market, don't be afraid to ask on, or off-topic.

Minnie LAI
Kai

The Silk Run wrote:
Locust_17.05.2021.png
Nice one Minnie, KUTGW mate :mrgreen:

Time to bring out the megathumb again! Image
The Silk Run

Kai wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 1:05 am
The Silk Run wrote: