Drifters/streamer... and favorites/non favorites?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Still quite new to bet angel and have been scalping the pre races by watching the top 3 favorites and looking for prices to diverge in order to have some level of confirmation of a directional bias.

I have been thinking of taking this same approach further out to the middle of the field where prices tend to be higher and assumingly more profitable. However, when moving away from the favorites do you still see this clear divergence in prices, or am I potentially going to find prices moving in the same direction more often than not, the further out I go?

Of course nothing is black and white... but would this approach require additional edge i.e. more fundamental knowledge e.g. of the horses, course, ground, weather etc? Or... would simply keeping an eye on the favorite as well as the higher priced horses show me if/when prices diverge, the same as when looking at the top 3 favorites?

Thanks
Rob
alexmr2

If you want to trade order flow I would say the top 4 are usually the best to trade due to liquidity. Value bettors may find value on outsiders ocassionally but I don't know much about it other than they use complex algorithms to find value
Brovashift

alexmr2 wrote:
Sun Jun 20, 2021 4:48 pm
If you want to trade order flow I would say the top 4 are usually the best to trade due to liquidity. Value bettors may find value on outsiders ocassionally but I don't know much about it other than they use complex algorithms to find value
Thanks for the reply... OK, maybe I should stick with what's working and play around with position sizing.

Wish me luck lol :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”