In running

The sport of kings.
prestburydreams

Is this possible been messing around with in running laid at 5.0 pre off tried to exit at 7.8 the bet was placed as a keep bet pre off according to the Betfair graph it traded at 10s inrunning but not a penny for us matched at 7.8

I was under the understanding that for it to go through my price I would automatically be matched but is my assumption wrong and we are only talking 40 quid stake here not thousands the Betfair graph shows a clear spike at 9s and a second one at 10s so how would it not be matched according to the volume bars there was 600 ish traded from 9s to 10s

If anyone knows the answer could you let us know this was a Betfair keep bet and not put in via my bet angel software

Cheers
Dallas

I wouldn't take any notice of the BF graphs these days.

If you check your log in Bet Angel to confirm the bet was marked as 'kept', then check the result on Time form it will tell you the highest traded price in-play
https://www.timeform.com/horse-racing
Nathane30

Timeform doesn't seem to have updated their hi/lo prices today - just showing -/1001 for all runners that didn't win on the app
prestburydreams

When u say I wouldn't pay to.much attention to the graphs do u just mean for in running as I see alot of people tend to use them on their ladders for pre race
jamesg46

prestburydreams wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:29 pm
When u say I wouldn't pay to.much attention to the graphs do u just mean for in running as I see alot of people tend to use them on their ladders for pre race
They're shit! Anyone who uses them has no respect for what they're doing... it's been that way for the best part of 12 months. I'm genuinely shocked that people still use them.
jamesg46

Infact it grates me that people still post them in reference to what has happened in the markets... no idea why people are archiving them either. They offer nothing other than being consistently unreliable.
PapaShango

If you want to truly look as if you know what you are doing, you have to post at least 4, maybe even 6 different types of graph, that all show the same information.

A winking emoji also helps to clarify that you knew what was coming.

;)
jamesg46

PapaShango wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 6:41 am
If you want to truly look as if you know what you are doing, you have to post at least 4, maybe even 6 different types of graph, that all show the same information.

;)
100% agree, that's definitely how it should be done ;)

So much price action is lost on BF charts because they're so condensed. Infact even over different time frames using advanced charts you can see different information... yesterday in the Fat Fingers thread there is a shorter time frame that shows the price touched 1.9ish (i think) but the longer time frames don't give that same info... so I'm not sure I agree with you that they all show the same.
ShaunWhite

jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 am
PapaShango wrote:

;)

So much price action is lost on BF charts because they're so condensed. Infact even over different time frames using advanced charts you can see different information... yesterday in the Fat Fingers thread there is a shorter time frame that shows the price touched 1.9ish (i think) but the longer time frames don't give that same info... so I'm not sure I agree with you that they all show the same.
Yep different charts show different things. A condensed view won't/can't show 20ms updates and a lot of these 'it touched this or that' observations are that brief. These charts enable a lot of people to do a lot of hindsighting, I haven't seen any that include any degree of prediction. As I've often said if charts told you anything at all about the future we'd all just automate it.
jamesg46

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:40 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 10:31 am
PapaShango wrote:

;)

Yep different charts show different things. A condensed view won't/can't show 20ms updates and a lot of these 'it touched this or that' observations are that brief. These charts enable a lot of people to do a lot of hindsighting, I haven't seen any that include any degree of prediction. As I've often said if charts told you anything at all about the future we'd all just automate it.
I'm not sure there is anything that can tell anyone what the future is (would be nice though) but, I'll politely disagree with you on your prediction comment... I think I've posted a few charts that include one 10 or so mins out and one that was at post, most of which are likely to be reversal setups. To be fair though, I think the prediction comment does hold some weight purely because it depends on the set of eyes looking at the chart and each person could interpret something different... but yes, 100% they give no certainty on any future outcome.

My main gripe is with BF Charts and particularly people who use them to flog price action trading packs... they're pretty much useless imo, but of course this is an opinion that's formed from what I see/interpret from them.
prestburydreams

All very nice replies and above my head but the question asked was if a inrunning graph shows the price touched 10s how did I not get matched at 7.8

If the price never hit 10s surely this is misleading the Betfair customers
jamesg46

prestburydreams wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 pm
All very nice replies and above my head but the question asked was if a inrunning graph shows the price touched 10s how did I not get matched at 7.8

What race was it?
ANGELS15

prestburydreams wrote:
Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:09 pm
Is this possible been messing around with in running laid at 5.0 pre off tried to exit at 7.8 the bet was placed as a keep bet pre off according to the Betfair graph it traded at 10s inrunning but not a penny for us matched at 7.8

I was under the understanding that for it to go through my price I would automatically be matched but is my assumption wrong and we are only talking 40 quid stake here not thousands the Betfair graph shows a clear spike at 9s and a second one at 10s so how would it not be matched according to the volume bars there was 600 ish traded from 9s to 10s

If anyone knows the answer could you let us know this was a Betfair keep bet and not put in via my bet angel software

Cheers
I asked a similar question a while back. Basically I was doing back to lay trading. I'd back something at say 10.0 try to lay at 5.0 in-running. During the race I'd see the horses odds dip to 7.0, 6.0 and my bet would be unmatched but after the race graph showed lowest traded price 4.0!.

I've attached the link to the thread it's not very long you may find it an interesting read.

viewtopic.php?f=37&t=20386&start=10
jamesedwards

prestburydreams wrote:
Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:11 pm

Nope, it's not possible. Something went wrong, eg your bet wasn't kept due to user error, market was suspended and the bet lost its keep status, a significant non-runner adjusted market odds, the market never actually hit 10 and the graph was wrong or something else I've not thought of.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”