Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Trader Pat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:13 pm
It's not about a few results. People using stakes big enough to get noticed usually know what they're doing.
Exactly.

I doubt this is some guy with a gambling problem who has just inherited his grannies fortune
jamesg46

I'd imagine someone has the data to prove if this person is +/- over the long term... they're not exactly discreet, but then again the assumption would have to be made that it's always been the same person.

Either way, could we possibly be saying that this person is profitable... to be profitable you have to be taking value. Wiping out a price from 9 to 3s I'm not so sure that could be taking value but that said, like others have pointed out, to bet with that sort of money, they may know what they're doing.
napshnap

His pattern is so painfully "not-a-value" that I rather believe it's some kitty running randomly on some rich old lady's keyboard.
jamesg46

napshnap wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 4:38 pm
His pattern is so painfully "not-a-value" that I rather believe it's some kitty running randomly on some rich old lady's keyboard.
Personally I agree with you that this person isn't taking value... I mean a whole thread and specific automation has been built that specifically captures the value this person is giving away. Furthermore, you can see on the ladders that there is plenty willing to mop up the money on the lay side, some times over a vast traded range.

Tbh though, I couldn't say anything for certain, so who knows, who cares... just make the most of the action I suppose.
rik

Not been betting, hes around today again?
jamesg46

rik wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:08 pm
Not been betting, hes around today again?
Twice i think... once at Ripon and once at Kempton.
napshnap

Yes, James, he's loosing (mainly) not because he bets big or chooses losers, he's losing because he bets technically wrong, bets against the holy Value sacrificing it in exchange I dont know for what!
you can see on the ladders that there is plenty willing to mop up the money on the lay side, some times over a vast traded range.
viewtopic.php?p=273519#p273519 :D
jamesg46

I said earlier that I had a feeling "The Bomber" was more active this time of year so I thought I'd test that by logging the date of any chart posted in the Fat Fingers Thread... I've tried to exclude the Tennis and Football charts.

Turns out I was wrong based on the mentions in the thread. It's an all year thing.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
xtrader16

Iolani ran a blinder therein the lucky last. Couldnt go with them early on over 1.3f....came with a rattle and won going away. Learnt that lesson a long time ago not to lay them expecting them to lose. L2B belter....another in the notebook.
wearthefoxhat

jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:57 pm
I said earlier that I had a feeling "The Bomber" was more active this time of year so I thought I'd test that by logging the date of any chart posted in the Fat Fingers Thread... I've tried to exclude the Tennis and Football charts.

Turns out I was wrong based on the mentions in the thread. It's an all year thing.
Reckon some of those are loss recovery bots slamming into the market at any price available.
jamesg46

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 9:13 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 5:57 pm

Reckon some of those are loss recovery bots slamming into the market at any price available.
Possibly! It's all a little vague anyway because the bomber may be around in 1 or multiple markets on any given day, and sometimes it may happen without being posted about. I just had it in my mind that the activity was more this time of year.
Derek27

Just had a cup of coffee and a fag, brushed my teeth, and now there's a 20-minute gap till the next race! That was bad timing.
xtrader16

Yantraman wrote:
Mon Aug 02, 2021 3:59 pm
...the large orders we see on the ladders may well appear on selections that dont win.

That does not mean this punter is losing.
He might be backing a horse at average odds of 4.0 for £20k but he is backing multiple horses in a race so he could be backing a second horse at £5K at 7.0 and still winning. He could also be a bookie offsetting a big punter.

He might also be a woman, sexists. There is a lot of monet to be made if you can get to his low point fast enough as once he is matched his back bets can only go up the ladder. He is doing us a favour as long as we can be quick enough. We should be making a good few quid out of him.
Gravesen33

Hi All,
I am new around here & try to understand how the automations work... all of the rules & conditions ...and so on.

I am simply stuck to create an automation, which will be use in horse races in play...
So, what I like to do is to set a back bet standing in the queue & waiting the time when this price will come and have a matched ...
Can any1 send me or tell me how to create an automation:

Place a back bet on every horse @ 1.1
Put all this bets in the market - let them stay in the queue
When the first horse come to this price I will have my bet matched
That`s all I need...

I see already on the ladder plenty of bets waiting to be matched { below the actual price} I just do not know how to do it???

Thank you
napshnap

Gravesen33 wrote:
Wed Aug 04, 2021 11:01 am
Hi All,
I am new around here & try to understand how the automations work... all of the rules & conditions ...and so on.

I am simply stuck to create an automation, which will be use in horse races in play...
So, what I like to do is to set a back bet standing in the queue & waiting the time when this price will come and have a matched ...
Can any1 send me or tell me how to create an automation:

Place a back bet on every horse @ 1.1
Put all this bets in the market - let them stay in the queue
When the first horse come to this price I will have my bet matched
That`s all I need...

I see already on the ladder plenty of bets waiting to be matched { below the actual price} I just do not know how to do it???

Thank you
Read about BetAngel's feature called "Guardian", here's its thread viewforum.php?f=37.
Also, search in this thread viewforum.php?f=52.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”