Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Realrocknrolla

Proper race that!
eightbo

That race was so gooooooooooooooood

Shiskin too stronk
eightbo

After getting destroyed a couple weeks ago on Sat, I've managed to do well last Sat + this Sat, happy days
Perhaps I needed the reminder
alexmr2

The price in the market is a polar bear and the traded volume is the polar bear cage in the zoo. The polar bear can pace up and down its cage getting angrier as the time gets closer to the off shouting "let me out, let me out". So as a trader you first have to imagine that the polar bear has some food at either side of the cage, you have to work out where to feed the polar bear (entering the market).

It is better to feed the polar bear from the edge of its cage than in the middle because in the middle there is more room for it to drag you across the floor because if it goes the wrong way it's going to be more painful to be dragged along half of the cage AND outside the cage when it breaks out before it gets shot by the zoo keeper than if you just fed it from the side of the cage and it breaks out the wrong direction then someone could tranquilise it (stoploss) without as much damage. If it breaks out in the other direction then there will be a bigger profit before it gets shot.
rhysc

Usually trade pre match football & F1 but gave the nags a go today having binged a few of Bet Angel’s YouTube videos.

Tiny stakes but pleased with the consistency.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
The Silk Run

LAY Tip: 14.25 Doncaster Imperial Hope 4.3
Crazyskier

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:12 pm
OK just layed at 3.85, let's see...

Had a recent breathing operation and is now hooded for the first time.

CS
Crazyskier

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 2:12 pm
:D
Snaff

One for Peter if you see this. An idea for a safety feature using automation on Betdaq. When betdaq goes wrong, the market just empties and can leave you getting involved in a market you wouldn’t want to trade. So my suggest is a price condition that the back and lay price must be within a certain range of each other, say 2 ticks ect… just an idea not sure if a feature like this is already available?
Dallas

Snaff wrote:
Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:43 pm
One for Peter if you see this. An idea for a safety feature using automation on Betdaq. When betdaq goes wrong, the market just empties and can leave you getting involved in a market you wouldn’t want to trade. So my suggest is a price condition that the back and lay price must be within a certain range of each other, say 2 ticks ect… just an idea not sure if a feature like this is already available?
The 'Relative Odds Condition' allows you to do this (it works the same way in both Betdaq and Betfair versions of Bet Angel)
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/relative_odds.html
Snaff

Ahh thanks for that Dallas. I’ll take a look 👍
Dallas

Snaff wrote:
Mon Jan 31, 2022 9:10 pm
Ahh thanks for that Dallas. I’ll take a look 👍
It's quite a handy but under used condition
But I use it on most the football examples to ensure the markets reformed or nearly reformed following a goal
The Silk Run

LAY Tip: 13.40 Limerick EIR Donnrua Dream 3.6.
Crazyskier

The Silk Run wrote:
Tue Feb 01, 2022 1:12 pm
LAY Tip: 13.40 Limerick EIR Donnrua Dream 3.6.
I missed this one (sadly). but 'keep 'em coming!

CS
adamkirby

Did anyone trade the 1950 Wolverhampton last night? It was clear from the feed on Betfair and Sporting Life in fact published it was a dead heat but the horses were still trading, Havanah Goldrush was trading at 2.6-3.4 so i stuck a win bet on at 3.35 and got paid out half stakes when betfair eventually settled as a dead heat.
My question is why was the exchange still trading even after the result and could I have lost money? as I was unsure I went low stakes but just wondering for the future

Return to “Trading Horse racing”