Is there a way to recored ladder activity when away from computer?

The sport of kings.
Brovashift

Hi all,

Does anyone know if there is a way to screen recored pre-off ladder activity when away from the computer, without the need for my PC to be on all day while e.g. out for work? So it can be reviewed later.

The reason I ask is because I've identified a setup that I consider to be my A trade. I saw the perfect setup twice last week, over 2 or 3 days, but have not seen it since. It may have come up again when I was away from my computer, for lunch or out for the day, and so hence my question.
Im likely to have full time commitments in the new year, not sure if out and about or WFH, but either way it wont be as easy to focus full time and so being able to review a days activity at my convienence will help me continue my trading momentum.

I was wondering if this might be possible if I had BA on a VPS maybe?

TIA
Anbell

Why not leave your computer on?
Brovashift

Anbell wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 am
Well, was just thinking about cost really, if out at work for the day. I have been refreshing my web dev coding to try for a remote based web developer role, mainly so I can keep myself at my computer to be available to trade when I have some spare time... but wouldn't have the screen space, or desk space for another screen to screen recored while having multiple web dev windows open. Im keeping my options open...

Thinking about it now, I suppose the £25/month for a VPS (assuming a vps was even a solution) could be spent towards any additional energy usage from just leaving my PC on.

The other issue I have of course is if I was to not WFH and be out the house from e.g. 8am, I wouldn't be here to start the screen recored when the racing starts. Laptop :?: I have also thought about using History Lists, but think that might be quite difficult to picture the data has it happened on the ladder with volume bars etc. Nothing beats actually watching the ladder action though, like "the inner game of tennis", leaning from seeing it happen again and again.
Anbell

Brovashift wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 12:10 pm
Anbell wrote:
Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:18 am
Well, was just thinking about cost really, if out at work for the day. I have been refreshing my web dev coding to try for a remote based web developer role, mainly so I can keep myself at my computer to be available to trade when I have some spare time... but wouldn't have the screen space, or desk space for another screen to screen recored while having multiple web dev windows open. Im keeping my options open...

Thinking about it now, I suppose the £25/month for a VPS (assuming a vps was even a solution) could be spent towards any additional energy usage from just leaving my PC on.

The other issue I have of course is if I was to not WFH and be out the house from e.g. 8am, I wouldn't be here to start the screen recored when the racing starts. Laptop :?: I have also thought about using History Lists, but think that might be quite difficult to picture the data has it happened on the ladder with volume bars etc. Nothing beats actually watching the ladder action though, like "the inner game of tennis", leaning from seeing it happen again and again.
I dont think you need your screen on to screen-record
Brovashift

It actually looks like this is not a new topic, Im reading posts from 2016 here and the crux of it is;

It is possible to record and replay ladder activity but Betfair won't allow their data to be used this way unless you pay for the privilage. There is some dubious software somewhere that will do it, but as yet have not found it...

To be continued...
ShaunWhite

Brovashift wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:14 pm
It actually looks like this is not a new topic, Im reading posts from 2016 here and the crux of it is;

It is possible to record and replay ladder activity but Betfair won't allow their data to be used this way unless you pay for the privilage. There is some dubious software somewhere that will do it, but as yet have not found it...

To be continued...
You can collect any data you want, or screen recordings, or even the entire api stream and use it in any way you want..... So long as its just for your use, not shared, and not used for commercial purposes. They will even provide assistance to do it in the case of the api. What they won't sanction though is the provision of software to allow people to do it which itself could be sold or shared., ie a commercial data capture app.
Brovashift

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:07 pm
Brovashift wrote:

To be continued...
You can collect any data you want, or screen recordings, or even the entire api stream and use it in any way you want..... So long as its just for your use, not shared, and not used for commercial purposes. They will even provide assistance to do it in the case of the api. What they won't sanction though is the provision of software to allow people to do it which itself could be sold or shared., ie a commercial data capture app.
Alright Shaun, how goes it?

A right yes, that makes sense. Do you know if anyone has found another way to capture a days activity and replay it back? I think that is what was being talked about here (2016) to help when testing automation strategies viewtopic.php?t=11816
ShaunWhite

Brovashift wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:17 pm

A right yes, that makes sense. Do you know if anyone has found another way to capture a days activity and replay it back? I think that is what was being talked about here (2016) to help when testing automation strategies viewtopic.php?t=11816
Good thanks. People collect data and have the facility to replay or run strategy simulations but they've all done the work themselves. There's nothing freely available. And the approach very much depends on the type of database you're familiar with, Excel isn't an option.

When I saw you were asking about screen recording, and mentioned web delevopment I almost suggested you approached it that way. It's not easy but in 6 months you'd have a decent system to test your strategies rather than 6 months of almost unusable video.
Brovashift

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:45 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 5:17 pm

Good thanks. People collect data and have the facility to replay or run strategy simulations but they've all done the work themselves. There's nothing freely available. And the approach very much depends on the type of database you're familiar with, Excel isn't an option.

When I saw you were asking about screen recording, and mentioned web delevopment I almost suggested you approached it that way. It's not easy but in 6 months you'd have a decent system to test your strategies rather than 6 months of almost unusable video.
Bollox... I replied, saved as draft by accident, now my text has gone ffs!

Summary:
How would I use web dev to replay a days activity, do you mean if I created my own web based ladder application, and feed the data into that?
ShaunWhite

Brovashift wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:20 pm
How would I use web dev to replay a days activity, do you mean if I created my own web based ladder application, and feed the data into that?
I hate when that happens too, no 'fwd' button on the phone browser after accidentally hitting 'back'.

..... I didn't have anything specific in mind, I just saw that you did some sort of dev and that means you're capable of doing it even if you needed to learn something slightly different. Imo you need to use every ability/interest you've got and seeing a guy who can code (or could) taking about recording video seemed like you were selling yourself short. It sounds like you're better than that and if nothing else it would be a good project to do, and with a bit of SQL database on the side you're very employable.
Brovashift

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:10 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 6:20 pm
I hate when that happens too, no 'fwd' button on the phone browser after accidentally hitting 'back'.

..... I didn't have anything specific in mind, I just saw that you did some sort of dev and that means you're capable of doing it even if you needed to learn something slightly different. Imo you need to use every ability/interest you've got and seeing a guy who can code (or could) taking about recording video seemed like you were selling yourself short. It sounds like you're better than that and if nothing else it would be a good project to do, and with a bit of SQL database on the side you're very employable.
I have worked as a full stake developer about 10 years ago now, after graduation, and only dabbled with the odd IT project now and again over that time. Im right now, litterally right now, brushing up on my html, css, and JS. I starterd with ASP.Net refreshers but realised quite quickly that a lot has changed in that time. Some stuff is easier, some stuff completely new to me.
Maybe I could work on something that would enable me to replay a days ladder activity, but the problem I have is I dont have the patience, not right now anyway, maybe if I can find some remote junior developer role and after a few months when Im back into the swing of things, maybe then, if there was a half finished project on GitHub to start with lol.
But alternatively I could take the path of least resistence, and leave my PC on all day, load markets into guardian, set it to switch markets automatically, and screen record it! :lol:
Anbell

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Dec 06, 2022 7:10 pm
no 'fwd' button on the phone browser after accidentally hitting 'back'.
There is, in fact, a way.
decomez6

Brovashift wrote:

To be continued...
in the mean time......
you could take a cheap vps deal ,

https://www.simplyhosting.com/vps

downnload sharex
sharex manual.PNG
then record screen like this
B--tch G-tch ya !.gif

FINALLY : upgrade to Betangel VPS when you have all your ducks in a row.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”