Hunting for Profit - Other in-play courses

The sport of kings.
Rea_ctor

Brovashift wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:38 pm

Can anyone vouch for InPlayWithIvan course? More for the 'race course' content than the actual trading method. I tried laying losers a year ago, it went great, until it didn't! lol

TIA
I paid for the trial. You get course information on both Hamilton and Hereford. I went back and looked through some historical races and tried applying it and it worked rather well using my limited knowledge. Like I say I'm no expert and haven't used it in the real world. The idea is you get trading zones. You stick to laying in these specific areas and if you see nothing you don't trade. Also if you do lay and by the end of the trade zone the horse is still keeping up with the leader it presents a minimal risk opportunity to get out. I've had a bit of back and forth over telegram and he's a really approachable dude so if you have any questions just fire them across.

For anyone who's used back for profits, does it provide training in lay indicators? Such as things to look for in struggling horses?

Thanks again, glad to see this threads had some good input 👍
slickboy2

I was subscribed with back to profit for a while in my opinion its really good, the thing is with his system you do not trade every race. The way its layed out is you concentrate on the frst 2 or 3 horses and they must be short priced favourites so they take up most of the percentage that people are betting on. He goes really in to detail with his videos on struggling horses and when to lay and also when to back ( he has a number of videos just what to look out for when a horse is struggling). He has his own betting automation set up also which is realy good. It cost me 25 quid a month to subscribe, i might try it again worth the money in my opion
Brovashift

I've gone for it after speaking with a few of the course endorsments via their @Twitter handles, I know 2 of them already, and I think all have done BFP or have/are bouncing between the two.

Its early days for me really but like they all told me, where BFP focuses on short prices, with a real focus on horse and rider to make trading decisions (I know BFP includes course info as well, but...), Ivans course is more focused on race course trading zones, where horses are likely to struggle for a potential L2B opportunity, at a range of prices, which also means more opportunities. Or more chances to lose money, depending on your mental stamina lol.

This is done best by good card reading prior to any race/trade execution.

Both trading courses require the same things; course, jockey, horse, knowledge, but both deliver each in different ways. IMO you can never have enough info trading in-play and both these courses complement each other.

I would say BFP is somewhat easier to pursue as once you are confident in seeing L2B's or B2L, depending on your preferrence, it just requires practice of strict discipline, rinse and repeat.
Ivan's obviously also requires discipline, but there is some extra work to do, to do things properly. I know some people find that too much analysis just confuses them and so prefer the BFP approach.

Also, BFP has the somewhat of a safety net using stakes by liability and automatically offsetting your exits, which can be done with Ivans course, but it is more geared towards manually trading L2B / B2L using fixed stakes. I think some use 'by liability' but I think the idea is that as you become better and more confident at race reading, you are going to make more money using fixed stakes than by liability stakes. Its not blindly having a punt on a loser if you've done what's requierd to read the race effectively.
(When I say you are going to make more money, I say that with a questionable look on my face, because I have seen Andrew (BFP) make some whopper trades, like XXL trades... so take that with a pinch of salt if comparing the two courses. In fact even disregard it completely!).

Hope I've not said too much in there, I dont think I have.

Im currently still taking the BFP disciplined approach (small stakes), while studying and implementing some of Ivans day by day as well.

I'll provide an update in approx 3 months if anyone is interested.

8-)
ShaunWhite

What you say is "some whopper trades, like XXL trades"?
Rea_ctor

Brovashift wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:02 pm
I've gone for it after speaking with a few of the course endorsments via their @Twitter handles, I know 2 of them already, and I think all have done BFP or have/are bouncing between the two.

Its early days for me really but like they all told me, where BFP focuses on short prices, with a real focus on horse and rider to make trading decisions (I know BFP includes course info as well, but...), Ivans course is more focused on race course trading zones, where horses are likely to struggle for a potential L2B opportunity, at a range of prices, which also means more opportunities. Or more chances to lose money, depending on your mental stamina lol.

Both trading courses require the same things; course, jockey, horse, knowledge, but both deliver each in different ways. IMO you can never have enough info trading in-play and both these courses complement each other.

I would say BFP is somewhat easier to pursue as once you are confident in seeing L2B's or B2L, depending on your preferrence, it just requires practice of strict discipline, rinse and repeat.
Ivan's obviously also requires discipline, but there is some extra work to do, to do things properly. I know some people find that too much analysis just confuses them and so prefer the BFP approach.

Also, BFP has the somewhat of a safety net using stakes by liability and automatically offsetting your exits, which can be done with Ivans course, but it is more geared towards manually trading L2B / B2L using fixed stakes. I think some use 'by liability' but I think the idea is that as you become better and more confident at race reading, you are going to make more money using fixed stakes than by liability stakes. Its not blindly having a punt on a loser if you've done what's requierd to read the race effectively.
(When I say you are going to make more money, I say that with a questionable look on my face, because I have seen Andrew (BFP) make some whopper trades, like XXL trades... so take that with a pinch of salt if comparing the two courses. In fact even disregard it completely!).

Im currently still taking the BFP disciplined approach (small stakes), while studying and implementing some of Ivans day by day as well.

8-)
Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to read. I believe I have a lot to learn in reading signals etc and understanding the characteristics that indicate a horse is struggling. Would you therefore recommend back for profits first as they seem to have a thorough eduction on that side of trading or does Ivans course provide this also?
Does back for profits provide similar course related content (lay to back zones) as Ivan, or is that something specific to Ivans course?

I'd happily get both courses but I'm worried I may find myself jumping in between the two if they are worlds apart. If however back for profits is more about execution and what to look for and Ivans provides more in depth course information I may find myself taking the plunge.

Thanks again.
Brovashift

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:39 pm
What you say is "some whopper trades, like XXL trades"?
I'm not going to try and compare it to your skill level Shaun :lol: ... x
I think the biggest trade I've seen Andrew do at BFP was £2k greened up lay on Stradivarius (there are others), which to me was pretty impressive for a one and done trade. And that was only 'a percentage' of the potential profit, based on the BFP method.
He's been at it 40 years I think so that's well beyond the reach for any noobs. I was just trying not to be too biased towards one course over the other.
Brovashift

Rea_ctor wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 10:00 pm
Brovashift wrote:
Sat Feb 04, 2023 5:02 pm

8-)
Thank you, this is exactly what I wanted to read. I believe I have a lot to learn in reading signals etc and understanding the characteristics that indicate a horse is struggling. Would you therefore recommend back for profits first as they seem to have a thorough eduction on that side of trading or does Ivans course provide this also?
Does back for profits provide similar course related content (lay to back zones) as Ivan, or is that something specific to Ivans course?

I'd happily get both courses but I'm worried I may find myself jumping in between the two if they are worlds apart. If however back for profits is more about execution and what to look for and Ivans provides more in depth course information I may find myself taking the plunge.

Thanks again.
Personally I would go with BFP first. You don't need to do both courses as some have just done either one and are focused on that method alone. I did BFP first so I know how the two are working together for me. I just found myself at my screen sitting on my hands thinking I must be able to use my time better than just sitting on my hands, so looked for other opportunities. That shouldn't be a thought if you are just starting, or have a job to go to as well. Less is more sometimes. Also doing both courses at the same time will blow your mind and probably confuse you.

Tbh if I'd done Ivans first I'm not sure how I would've found it without doing BFP first, that has definitely laid a decent understanding of in play signals. It's early days for me with Ivans but there is definitely a lot more to think about, more prep work, which I assume will become easier and quicker the more I do it.
Some content is in a blog as well, and isn't delivered in video/pdf 1..... video/pdf 2... etc. All the information is there and then you need to do something with it. Even today I have been writing out notes for card reading, breaking it down into sub headings with specific criteria in each, which I now need to tally with specific course data in order to formulate some kind of plan to help me when identifying strong and weak runners. I think doing all that without do BFP first... well, I probably wouldn't tbh.
Diving deep into form reading is also helping me with my Pre Off as well, remembering things I was doing in the first 6 months of my journey, before it all went tits up and I blew half my account, in play! Lol

My advice would be BFP, keep it simple. Everything you need is included in the course; L2B, B2L videos, Exit trades, race course videos with Back and Lay sections, also theres a big emphasis on safety when identifying trades which is very important. Plus other content as well that I can't remember. He has race horses as well you can follow and buy into. Oscula was one of his, or his teams. I'm not sure if that's been sold now, while it was winning. I've left the Telegram group now so not upto speed with what's happening. Oh and both have decent Telegram groups with a good bunch of traders all happy to help you out with anything.
You can also do 1on1 call if you are struggling at any point 👍

Keep it simple, don't make things difficult for yourself. Trading is hard enough. 😅 Good luck!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”